Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then again GF Reno was down to Las Vegas and Albuquerque.

Then a Washoe County Commissioner / Tahoe Reno Industrial Center Owner/ Brothel owner convinced Elon in Las Vegas to board a plane to Reno to see his proposed factory site.

Tesla's decision to place GF1 in Reno was a good one. GF1 is actually in Storey County, which is one of the most business-friendly counties in the United States. Basically, the population lives on one side of the county in Virginia City and thereabouts, and the vast majority of tax revenues come from the businesses located not far from Interstate 80 on the other side of the county. I remember watching the video where a Tesla executive asks how long it will take to get permission to build GF1 and the Storey County Official basically said, "Here, I'll go over to my desk and write one up for you right now." Imagine what that conversation would be in the Bay Area of California. The thing that bit Tesla was what people in the Reno area call "The Tesla Effect". A huge number of big businesses including Google and Amazon moved to Reno right after the Tesla announcement, seeing Reno as the happening location for expanding your business. All those new businesses required employees, which overtaxed Northern Nevada's available housing, and Tesla has felt the labor pinch, mostly on the Panasonic side of the fence. The good news is that building in the Reno area will allow housing to catch up with demand and make it more reasonable for workers to move to Reno to take attractive Tesla jobs in the future. Reno is a very attractive place to live if you can find affordable housing, with no state income tax and Lake Tahoe and the Sierras in its backyard.

Last edited:
NASA Satellite Data Show 30% Air Pollution Drop over the Northeastern US – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

this data cannot be dismissed post CV -19 ... as much as want to get back to work and other activities ... every day we get another clean air data point is a real silver lining

Once again, today the USA has 5 of the top ten Clean Air Cities in the World: (no other Country has more than 1 city in the top ten)
  1. Zagreb, Croatia
  2. London, United Kingdom
  3. Seattle, USA
  4. Helsinki, Finland
  5. Salt Lake City, USA
  6. Melbourne, Australia
  7. Los Angeles, USA
  8. Denver, USA
  9. Oslo, Norway
  10. Portland, USA
If they's anything people everywhere should be able to unite to support, it's CLEAN AIR!

CH33RS!

Last edited:
The macro situation seems to be slowly moving down towards reality. Really wondering what this means for Tesla.
From the geniuses at yahoo finance:

Amazing insight. This is adam jonas level thinking.
Reminds me of Madden. "now you see here what the team wants to do is move the football down the field and score a touchdown."

It kinda looks to me like they're running out of room to build new buildings at this site. I think they're going to need another chunk of land soon :D

EDIT to add: somehow, I think phase 2 makes the already built section look small.

Had the same thought. But the land next to phase 2 seems to be some kind of greenhouses or something. No expensive buildings to tear down if more room is needed. Pretty sure Tesla could buy that land if they need it. Although it might be a better idea to open a second factory in some other part of China to spread the geographical risk.

If they's anything people everywhere should be able to unite to support, it's CLEAN AIR!
It will just be luck if enough politicians see it that way and do something about it. But given the way that they are doing everything to make a fossil fuel friendly country (Applies to U.S. and Canada only), I'm less than hopeful. About all we can do is vote with our wallets as gerrymandering and voting cows choose the legislators.

It will just be luck if enough politicians see it that way and do something about it. But given the way that they are doing everything to make a fossil fuel friendly country (Applies to U.S. and Canada only), I'm less than hopeful. About all we can do is vote with our wallets as gerrymandering and voting cows choose the legislators.
Y'all should elect some Electoral College graduates. Especially those SCIENCE grads... ;)

Cheers!

This must be done ... Telsa is in the right position to do it ... I have so far been against Tesla advertising (in the traditional sense) but to me this is different... the environmental data from this period must be shared and socialized with our citizens ... many of us on this thread know we are being slowly poisoned by fossil fuels ... but many smart people don't get it or choose to ignore it based on short term thinking

what a tremendous opportunity to educate the masses with data visualizations never before available ...
Totally agree. Not meaning to go off thread, but I have long thought that rather than ads to sell their products (which Tesla doesn't need), they could pay for Public Service Announcements to promote their goal of sustainable energy and transport. Including public encouragement of other car makers and energy product producers to do the right thing and get on board with the path that Tesla is taking.

"See this clean air over our cities? Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could always have it that way? Well guess what? We can!"

/End OT

If you follow renew economy (reneweconomy.com.au), you'll find you can add Australia to that list

Not off topic: I've been a Bernie guy, but looking on Biden's website Plan for Climate Change and Environmental Justice | Joe Biden, among other good climate policies, I was happy to see this:

Joe Biden: Accelerating the deployment of electric vehicles. There are now one million electric vehicles on the road in the United States. But a key barrier to further deployment of these greenhouse-gas reducing vehicles is the lack of charging stations and coordination across all levels of government. As President, Biden will work with our nation’s governors and mayors to support the deployment of more than 500,000 new public charging outlets by the end of 2030. In addition, Biden will restore the full electric vehicle tax credit to incentivize the purchase of these vehicles. He will ensure the tax credit is designed to targeted middle class consumers and, to the greatest extent possible, to prioritize the purchase of vehicles made in America. (bolded by me).

PS: I am pleased Biden is listening to Bernie and Elizabeth, and he is adopting some of their plans. I have now started donating to Biden and I will walk door to door to get out the vote (virus permitting) or at least make calls. I worked door to door for months, in the 2018 election, to flip a congressional district. It was very satisfying and actually quite fun. I recommend it.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Not meaning to go off thread, but I have long thought that rather than ads to sell their products (which Tesla doesn't need), they could pay for Public Service Announcements to promote their goal of sustainable energy and transport. Including public encouragement of other car makers and energy product producers to do the right thing and get on board with the path that Tesla is taking.

"See this clean air over our cities? Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could always have it that way? Well guess what? We can!"

/End OT
I am only disagreeing about OT point

to this is on topic ... this is Tesla brand and you invest in the the company and its brand

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
The SP was always going to tend toward the Upper-BB but the good news is it's heading up again, about $100 in the 4 session since Apr 9:

View attachment 532634

Tomorrow, the Upper-BB should be around $730 at the Open. That's PROGRESS! since it defines the upper bound of the trading channel. (hint: Middle-BB going up too).

Sets us up nicely for positive news on the Q1 Earning Call. We got TAILWINDS!

Cheers!
Genius

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Not off topic: I've been a Bernie guy, but looking on Biden's website Plan for Climate Change and Environmental Justice | Joe Biden, among other good climate policies, I was happy to see this:

Accelerating the deployment of electric vehicles. There are now one million electric vehicles on the road in the United States. But a key barrier to further deployment of these greenhouse-gas reducing vehicles is the lack of charging stations and coordination across all levels of government. As President, Biden will work with our nation’s governors and mayors to support the deployment of more than 500,000 new public charging outlets by the end of 2030. In addition, Biden will restore the full electric vehicle tax credit to incentivize the purchase of these vehicles. He will ensure the tax credit is designed to targeted middle class consumers and, to the greatest extent possible, to prioritize the purchase of vehicles made in America. (bolded by me).
This was also refreshing to see.
"And, Vice President Biden has committed that Biden for President will not accept contributions from oil, gas and coal corporations or executives."

U.S. District Judge Edward Chen ruled on Wednesday that shareholders could try to prove Musk’s tweet was the “proximate cause” of volatility in Tesla’s stock price, causing billions of dollars of alleged losses that prompted the lawsuit.
Well that should be a short hearing.
You see this spike: that was the news of the Saudi position.
You see this flat spot: that was when the tweets went out
You see that dip: that was the SEC filling a lawsuit they withdrew a couple days later.
You see this number: that's the stock price right now. Higher than then, higher than 420.

Edit: forgot the production hell dip. Volatility, thy name is TSLA