Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 420 private lawsuit? I’m surprised they are allowed to even go forward on that as Musk and Tesla settled with the SEC over the matter. Where’s the double jeopardy?

And, isn't Elon prohibited, as part of the settlement with the SEC, from discussing the matter. Isn't he expressly prohibited from saying that he DID have the funding to proceed? How is he supposed to defend himself if the SEC settlement prohibits him??? :confused:

And, isn't Elon prohibited, as part of the settlement with the SEC, from discussing the matter. Isn't he expressly prohibited from saying that he DID have the funding to proceed? How is he supposed to defend himself if the SEC settlement prohibits him??? :confused:
He can say whatever he wants when defending himself against a lawsuit, it's an exeption.
If Elon is innocent this might be a big motivation for him not to settle and prove his innocence. At that point I would think he will be able to say that a court of law found him innocent from the sec accusations. If he wins it would be a huge embarrassement for the sec that made both tesla and elon pay 20 mil while damaging investors by hurting the stock.
If he loses it means the sec and shortsellers were right. I don't think he has much reason to settle unless he thinks he has little chance to win. He didn't even settle the pedo guy lawsuit.

How is that lawsuit going forward if current stock price is $700? Isn't the simple argument just :"Look at the open general market right now. It is proof that even a dumbass will pay $420 for TSLA stock"

How is that lawsuit going forward if current stock price is $700? Isn't the simple argument just :"Look at the open general market right now. It is proof that even a dumbass will pay $420 for TSLA stock"
Anyone who sold/covered etc. after that can claim losses. I'd think that the success that came later makes the overall case weaker, but some folks definitely have losses. Not saying that they should or will win their case of course.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
“The Model S was a good first shot. But that hatch hurt the rigidity too much. I'm fixing all the mistakes I made with it," he said.

Funny. That’s what many people state they miss about the Model 3 vs the S and has since been added to the Y. I know I like the hatch for the S.

This was like the #1 complaint about the 3 - no hatch.