Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poll: are you going to sell before ER?
I most likely won’t sell because I am too reluctant to make any move if no obvious signal/news. Or I am just brainwashed by the optimistic posts.
Looks like the consensus is that loss is unavoidable, and is already baked in the stock price. The SP is hanging here only because market still has faith on the guidance. What about you guys?

I most likely won’t sell because I am too reluctant to make any move if no obvious signal/news. Or I am just brainwashed by the optimistic posts.
Looks like the consensus is that loss is unavoidable, and is already baked in the stock price. The SP is hanging here only because market still has faith on the guidance. What about you guys?
Definitely selling. Got a bunch of old books, cloths and household goods I need to clear out. Was going to have a garage sale but if anyone here wants to make an offer, I'm all ears.

Oh, you mean my TSLA? That a joke, right?

Dan

Ok, but will I be able to carry them with dignity to my Cybrtrck or will I have to drag them like a 90lb weakling? Appearance matters thus my current outfit dilemma.

If you've got security guards with you, why are you carrying anything? Have your hired goons do so.

Besides, those bags have back-pack straps on them, so you can sling it over the shoulder if you'd prefer. Easier than limp arms trying to carry it.

In other news, I'm both excited for the FSD in city release, and disappointed. I can't buy my car until October, so if they raise the price in July as planned (and likely will with the release), I'll have to pay more. Boo.

Still, I think the release won't really affect the SP Monday-Wednesday, as the market will hold it's breath for the Q1 release. But after the SP has reacted to Q1, in the between months of May-June, the release will have a greater effect as it sinks in, I think. And people post youtube videos and the media picks up on it.

The hope is alive!

View attachment 535618

Elon Musk on Twitter
Tesla supposedly bought land near Jarrell TX, which is nearby where I live. Not close enough to walk to for me, but I could ride my bike there. I haven't heard any local buzz about the purchase but of course I also haven't been out much lately. Nothing in the local papers that I read. I don't know exactly where the land is located, but everything around Jarrell is agricultural and would not need to bulldoze a forest for example. There are some gently rolling hills that would need some levelling if a large building were to be constructed but no major ecological issues. The land is mostly limestone underneath the top layer. I'm not a structural guy but I wouldn't think that there would be problems putting in a serious foundation. The Balcones fault is nearby to the west but no local faulting. A few caves and sinkholes but these can all be managed.

Islands are cheap; it’s island defense that’s expensive. And also, I don’t want $100 bills. I’m leaning heavily toward $20 bills but may have to compromise at 50’s.

Still it’s good to know how many duffle bags I’m going to need. Nothing more embarrassing than not having enough bags with you to carry your cash out of the bank.

As a Tony Stewart/Home Depot fan I embrace the mantra; measure twice, cut once.
Watch The Killing (1956) before you depart.

Why would you even consider selling before Battery Day?

What $1 million dollars looks like in $20 bills; displayed at the Federal Reserve Bank Museum in Chicago.

50,000 $20 bills @ .8 grams per bill = 40kg or 88.2lb

fnf1y6yu3vi41.jpg
Islands are cheap; it’s island defense that’s expensive. And also, I don’t want $100 bills. I’m leaning heavily toward $20 bills but may have to compromise at 50’s.

Still it’s good to know how many duffle bags I’m going to need. Nothing more embarrassing than not having enough bags with you to carry your cash out of the bank.

As a Tony Stewart/Home Depot fan I embrace the mantra; measure twice, cut once.

What $1 million dollars looks like in $20 bills; displayed at the Federal Reserve Bank Museum in Chicago.

50,000 $20 bills @ .8 grams per bill = 40kg or 88.2lb

View attachment 535766

This is super helpful because it helps me to know what my $50 million in $1000 bills will look like when I sell my shares, tell off my boss, and retire in 2030;)

Tesla supposedly bought land near Jarrell TX, which is nearby where I live. Not close enough to walk to for me, but I could ride my bike there. I haven't heard any local buzz about the purchase but of course I also haven't been out much lately. Nothing in the local papers that I read. I don't know exactly where the land is located, but everything around Jarrell is agricultural and would not need to bulldoze a forest for example. There are some gently rolling hills that would need some levelling if a large building were to be constructed but no major ecological issues. The land is mostly limestone underneath the top layer. I'm not a structural guy but I wouldn't think that there would be problems putting in a serious foundation. The Balcones fault is nearby to the west but no local faulting. A few caves and sinkholes but these can all be managed.
Very interesting! The SpaceX McGregor TX testing facility is only some 50 miles away. I have no idea if that has any importance. I don't think so, but still, it's curious.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster and Skryll

BrokenMeagerCoypu-size_restricted.gif

"...I am too reluctant to make any move if no obvious signal/news..."

Good plan. Keep doing that, since you seem unable to recognize "obvious signal/news."

I have previously suggested many excellent resources for you to educate yourself about Tesla. Here's another one. 5-10 minutes per weekday is all it takes to stay updated on the world-conquest by the company you have invested in. Then maybe you won't need to keep asking other people when to sell. Maybe.

Tesla Daily Podcast

Ok, but will I be able to carry them with dignity to my Cybrtrck or will I have to drag them like a 90lb weakling? Appearance matters thus my current outfit dilemma.
Hire some Rotties to do the carrying. Or, maybe the Boston Dynamics dogs. Yourself? Don't carry anything...maybe the smallest of clutches...enough for a lipstick and a taser.

But I don't get why you'd want cash. Gold pressed latinum, maybe...but neither is gonna do you much good on that island. Now, Dogecoin on the other hand, sounds perfect.

Why aren't we discussing ER; I think it is a mixture of:
  1. We haven't adapted fully to losing Karen and FC. Those guys started the discussion and kept them going.
  2. International meltdown takes the edge off our euphoria
  3. Tesla domination is now assured
The last point is really interesting. Not sure if anyone else feels it. There is less point discussing the ins and outs of each topic - nothing is gonna stop Tesla now. COVID will accelerate the future and that means Teslas.

The major question is when do we become rich. As always, S&P500 is likely key to this and this ER is unlikely to be a hindrance.