Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the majority believe in the Mission, for sure, but most of us want to get rich too.

Otherwise the best way to actually progress the transition would be for all of us to sell our shares and buy all the model 3's we can get and give to friends and family...

Or get rich first (whatever that means) then sell many shares to buy model Ys/powerwalls/solar roofs for friends and family.

Exactly. The hypocrisy of that party is showing itself more and more on a daily basis. I'm just a free thinking independent and gotta say it is becoming clear to me the lesser of the 2 evils. The brainwashing by using the "good" cause has never been more clear. Now watch----the same people that liked your post will disagree with this one.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Nothing as it seems.

FREE AMERICA AND FREE THIS God D FORUM!

I posted a couple of weeks ago that California is/was a terrible place for manufacturing and I received plenty of disagrees.

Calais?
(I'm just messin' with you, man, no hard feelings here and I certainly have lived with a jaundiced eye toward my country all my life. Grew up with Vietnam war, then Nixon got re-elected, and I've been disillusioned ever since.)
No worries. I'm not even English, I just saw an opportunity to wind up Americans - which always seems like a worthwhile pastime.

Peace friend.

The definition of long and short is basic. And you said you also want to learn. This is why I won't elaborate what you can learn.
With the deterioration of the quality of your recent posts, I see no reason to justify your attack on 007's posts.

So when I asked him to define his stated time frames that he just obviously randomly threw out there (because nobody in their right mind thinks several weeks means 1 trading day) and you told me that when he says long it means bullish, you were making it up?

Now the definitions of long and short are basic? Maybe you want to help him out then because one of you doesn’t actually know.

And now I’m the bad guy for asking straight forward questions and putting the screws to you and him a bit to back up your words with some semblance of reason and logic? Ok, I can live with that but you don’t get off the hook.

I didn’t really expect you to be able to tell me what you found valuable or insightful based on his Friday and Monday postings being polar opposite declarations, because the definitions of valuable and insightful are basic.

Again, love his enthusiasm but he’s a gambler not an investor.

It’s funny so many people are disparaging of TT007. If you follow his posts, it’s likely he’s made several million dollars this year in short term gains by betting big. Statistically speaking, that’s higher than the vast majority of people on this site. Some of these guys make fun of him and talk big but it doesn’t carry much weight because they hold like 42 shares and have never taken a big risk in their lives. Super hypocritical of most people. All that matters in the end is the $ or shares in your account. As someone else would say, Everything else is just conversation.

Disagree. In the end, all that matters is the shape of the Keeling Curve.

When you say you rolled them, that means you sold the May 15 and bought June 19s? Well, that is almost $35-$40 of premium additional per option based on today's prices. Not sure I want to do that, so will just take my chances with the May 15 options.

Ya that's what I did. I understand your feeling. It meant I cut the number of contracts by like 70%, but I feel far more confident on those post battery day than pre. Also the may 15s more than doubled when I bought them at the bottom after elons infamous Friday tweet so all in all I actually did pretty well on it.

Reactions: HG Wells
View attachment 538998

Florists, clothing stores, and book stores..........................everything you can order online is now opening its Brick and Mortar stores for non-essential items. But no mention of highly automated manufacturing for items desperately needed to fight Climate Change. I am ranting because this is SO completely backwards to what is MOST necessary in the fight against the much greater threat........Climate Change. If Newsom and Cuomo were sincerely concerned about Climate Change they would do so by very publicly demanding that all Solar, Wind, and EV manufacturing facilities and installation companies could begin work 'Full Speed Ahead' if they could demonstrate the same level of attention to detail as a California Florist shop.

Perhaps Elon needs to Tweet that Fremont will provide 1 dozen roses, a book of your choice, a vegan hot dog, and a sporting goods baseball cap with the delivery of each new Tesla made in California in a sincere effort to meet the requirements of the new return to operations Newsom released for florists, clothing & sporting good stores, and bookstores

It's true, and herein lies the most negative aspect of Elon's recent, "PR" campaign. Some here view his recent tweet storms as 4D chess. Maybe. I sincerely hope that behind the scenes Tesla is mounting a vigorous campaign with state and county officials to negotiate a factory restart ASAP. But there is not much visible beyond the tweets.

In Washington State a very visible grass roots campaign was mounted against the state's ban on fishing in the state, and was ultimately successful https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/special-reports/article242320186.html.

There are a few here who would like to see Tesla advertise. Now would be a very good time for Tesla to spend some dough on a PR campaign to encourage the state/county whoever to get open and running those industries critical to addressing the climate crisis. If there is any state in the country that would be sympathetic to this it would be CA. (IMO if Jerry were still running things it would have already happened.)

Maybe its time for a letter writing campaign towards the same, and just maybe it would get Elon's attention and he would quit messin around with that kid and get with the program. Aren't there a bunch of CA politicians who would be sympathetic and interested in looking like they helped get a few Green jobs back?

Ya that's what I did. I understand your feeling. It meant I cut the number of contracts by like 70%, but I feel far more confident on those post battery day than pre. Also the may 15s more than doubled when I bought them at the bottom after elons infamous Friday tweet so all in all I actually did pretty well on it.

Do you have a confirmed date on Battery Day, or are you going off unofficial statements and guesses? When I went searching, the closest thing I found was about a week ago - an article quoting Elon saying that he thought the 3rd week in May was about right, but nothing firm.

Tesla battery day: Elon Musk teases firm's most important 2020 event

Reactions: LN1_Casey
__TSLA__ (u/__TSLA__) - Reddit

In addition to the unusual amount of detail and breadth of knowledge, the writing style is nearly identical. Interesting.

There's also a throwaway mention of Austrian economic theory here.

I'd say greater than even chance this is our FC.

I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. I'll bet you one reddit karma point it's not him. :)