Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Options are risky and if you're buying weeklies then you'll lose 9/10, I agree. Close to the money multi-year LEAPS in a rising stock are not very risky, IMO, not that much more than owning the underlying asset.

But I'm not talking about the risk, I reacting to those that say you make more money from buying and holding, which is simply not a statement that can be made.

Perhaps if you take 1000 investors over 10 years with 100 different stocks and look at who did best, maybe those that just bought and held did better on average, that might be the case, sure, but you'll get specific scenarios, like we've seen with $TSLA where outrageous gains can and have been made.
The amount of "work" required is quite different between buy and hold and options ...with that said the amount of time i am spending researching and analyzing TSLA ... i too should probably be trading options ... also it requires pretty large dollar bets with TSLA at this point contracts at 100 shares x$1550 = $155,000 ... correct me if i am wrong but you could be on the hook to purchase 100 shares if if you don't actively manage the.... seems to me options are not for novices

I have been wondering the same thing for a while. There is the designed in China small car and the designed in Germany hatchback, but neither of those seem to require much of Franz's time.

My guess are a cyber van, more conventional van or people mover, perhaps both van and people mover on the same platform.

Are you sure Franz is not in charge of both China and Germany cars? are they confirmed?
After Roadster 2, the future is still unknown (at least, to me).

Reactions: skybluecgreen
The amount of "work" required is quite different between buy and hold and options ...with that said the amount of time i am spending researching and analyzing TSLA ... i too should probably be trading options ... also it requires pretty large dollar bets with TSLA at this point contracts at 100 shares x$1550 = $155,000 ... correct me if i am wrong but you could be on the hook to purchase 100 shares if if you don't actively manage the.... seems to me options are not for novices

If I was only B&H, I would be visiting TMC one a quarter, or maybe not at all ;)

Added some shares, and 3 CC's Jun 22's

Today I had a (small) epiphany:
what is Franz working on?

He designed all Tesla auto since the S. All these models have been presented to the public, we're just waiting for Semi and Roadster 2 and Cybertruck production.
Semi is in pilot mode, Cybertruck had some revision late May when Elon said they're not gonna resize it. They are both "pencil down".
He maybe has still to do some minor work of the Roadster 2, but this can't be his full time occupation.
As far as I know, he doesn't work with merchandising, or panels, or Tesla Energy products.

So, the question is: what is he working on now?
Probably spending his days reading TMC for TSLA stock advice.....:D:D:D

Well Yesterday, during hours, I was posting to have the Upper BB posted so we could be educated and entertained with where it was, and what the SP was doing in relation to it, and what it meant, or what was the worth of the Upper BB in that scenario.
After market when the upper BB and the stock price were in agreement there wasn't much to learn from it that the casual investor would not know.
(And I really don't know where to get the Upper BB for Tesla, and it is meaningless to me unless those more knowledgeable about such a thing state their understanding... as I have requested people do when they post charts and add no comment.)
I could learn more about the Upper BB and it's worth if I could read what intelligent people are thinking about it when the SP is going crazy.
Here would be something that might have been posted yesterday:
"The upper BB is $210 below the current SP which intimates that the price is being inflated by a large financial entity for its own purpose. What their intention is is unclear."

This has been discussed more than once over a number of years, but as a newer member you could easily have missed it.

You might try the much smaller Technical Analysis (TA) thread on the forum to find your information.

In a mouse nut shell; it can be a self-fulling prophecy (like yesterday’s OMG!!! this SP is too good to be true a crash HAS TO BE coming) and acts like a magnet. Meaning, if the SP overshoots it by too much and for too long (a day or so), traders panic and shares get sold or shorted until the SP falls back to it or below it.

That’s the thing about humans; they like things to follow predictable sets of rules. It’s a survival mechanism. God forbid something doesn’t follow the rules or can’t be controlled; panic, anxiety, fear, and anger.

Want to sign up for my ‘just roll with it/take it in stride’ Zen classes? I accept cash, Paypal and TSLA shares.

Tesla Semi news. Sounds like there is a big push to move trucking to electric.

15 U.S. states to jointly work to advance electric heavy-duty trucks

A group of 15 U.S. states and the District of Columbia on Tuesday unveiled a joint memorandum of understanding aimed at boosting the market for electric medium- and heavy-duty vehicles and phasing out diesel-powered trucks by 2050.

The 14 states said the voluntary initiative is aimed at boosting the number of electric large pickup trucks and vans, delivery trucks, box trucks, school and transit buses, and long-haul delivery trucks, with the goal of ensuring all new medium- and heavy-duty vehicle sales be zero emission vehicles by 2050 with a target of 30 percent ZEV sales by 2030.

The states include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington and Vermont.