Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT

Has there been any discussion around SPAQ (Fisker)? I know, I know... they went bankrupt before and probably will again, their cars get really hot (really really hot...), etc. but I am looking at their warrants (SPAQ-WT) and they seem to be cheap (5 year time horizon to buy a share at $11 strike). High risk, high reward (or 100% loss of investment),

I searched TMC and didn't find much info on them (good or bad).

He has been cowed into submission without a beef from me. He's been very helpful liquidating stuff so we can use that for farmland in Thailand without touching TSLA, and managing return on cash. My significant mother, my wife, took a class in organizational behavior which used a text dividing the field into two camps: conventional and sustainable. When making investment, and perhaps all decisions, it is perhaps wise to examine all options. He and my wife are conventional. I am well armed with an M.E. degree to assess Tesla's technology with enormous help from these fora. So, in a sense, my thinking is conventional too. Musk's is a wonderful balance of the two approaches which is required to take advantage of nature's possibilities.

So far so good as I am likely to pass on soon.

Edit: The manager is like family. Handled my late sister's and mom's wealth. Total confidence in trusting him.
I hope you're not too likely to pass on soon my friend... you would be missed :-(

First I have NO facts.

I keep reading posts about HODL and how so many TSLA stockholders are doing just that. And how it is the "smart" and logical move....and then I actually see 64 BILLION dollars of the stock move in one day. And then the next day is crushingly high as well, and days before were ABOVE the average in trading volume
?
So the stock isn't being bought or moved by anyone that is HODLing. Somehow it is in the hands of short term traders, and NOT us. And I mean a shugar load of it is changing hands.

As a sidebar: The timely stock offering in February only increased the pool by 3.1 million shares, yet if 60 BILLION(?) dollars of TSLA moved yesterday that's about 40+ million shares? Which is what? More than 20% of the float? And if that amount moved yesterday with what was played with Friday how are the MM's and big institutions still able to ynak the stock around on a leash at their will?

Going out to get my HW3 and CPU2 Infotainment upgrade installed! :)

Hold down the fort. :D
I'm back. Sadly, I had to leave my baby there - for a week! - until they think it will be upgraded. it's "in the queue." So much for a scheduled appointment. :mad:

On the upside, in the 15 minutes waiting for a service writer, I counted at least 4 Model Y's pulling in to be prepped. Parking lot was full with a mix of new and waiting to be serviced.

Also saw 3 older Roadsters, my first in person. Beautiful cars. Roadster 2 is gonna sell well.

Buying dips. :)

First I have NO facts.

I keep reading posts about HODL and how so many TSLA stockholders are doing just that. And how it is the "smart" and logical move....and then I actually see 64 BILLION dollars of the stock move in one day. And then the next day is crushingly high as well, and days before were ABOVE the average in trading volume
?
So the stock isn't being bought or moved by anyone that is HODLing. Somehow it is in the hands of short term traders, and NOT us.

just a guess, but the same stock going back and fourth can count multiple times to this volume figure right? So a lot of Swing trading maybeee ? MMD and such ?

Reactions: FrankSG
First I have NO facts.

?
So the stock isn't being bought or moved by anyone that is HODLing. Somehow it is in the hands of short term traders, and NOT us. And I mean a shugar load of it is changing hands.

As a sidebar: The timely stock offering in February only increased the pool by 3.1 million shares, yet if 60 BILLION(?) dollars of TSLA moved yesterday that's about 40+ million shares? Which is what? More than 20% of the float? And if that amount moved yesterday with what was played with Friday how are the MM's and big institutions still able to ynak the stock around on a leash at their will?
If you have a time machine to front-run moves or $20B to manipulate the SP, I'm on board!

Are you so sure Tesla won't design two different sub compacts in the near future? Here is a screenshot of Elon's tweet about European small hatch:View attachment 564480
Best of all Tesla gets to hire the very best German designers who correctly realize they're current employer's days are numbered.

In the US, Tesla can hire the best designers of the most popular and profitable luxury options for, for example, the highest Cybertruck trim options, leapfrogging that of traditional pickup manufacturers.

Last edited:
Reactions: capster
It's possible to make a lawsuite to Electrek blog and Fred because of its last post about leaking documents of Clovis on Fremont factory they said 133 positives cases but on first graph I saw 13 positives cases "year to date" ?????
That "13" is actually 13x with the 3rd digit redacted. According to the post, "some data has been redacted to protect the source".

Later it says "So far, more than 130 Tesla workers have tested positive", implying the number is between 131-139. This is out of more than 10,000 Fremont employees so less than 1.4 %. It's probably less than 1% of all Tesla employees worldwide.

Edit: Here's the link to Fred's post... Tesla sees spike in COVID-19 'exposure,' data leak shows over 130 cases and more 'affected' - Electrek

Edit: That number is year to date, not currently positive. So 130+ Tesla employees have tested positive at some point between March and now, according to the leaked document.

In the middel of yesterday my broker suddenly stopped selling geared bull products in Tesla. So in all x3/x5/x10 from vontobel there was only the possibility to sell. Same goes for today. Never experianced this before....

Yeah the AVA certificates that are similar, but with Morgan Stanley as backer, is the same thing. Except I think it's the third day now they are not giving a sell price anymore. Just buying back. The only reason I can think of is them being worried it could be really difficult to cover for them if the spike up is to fast. I mean if Morgan Stanley don't think they have or can get enough Tesla stock ... that's got to be a good sign.

If anyone is taking notes I did sell about 20% of my x5 yesterday when we were at around $1.700. I would probably have sold a little more but without the possibility to buy back if there was a drop, which is exactly what we got, I didn't want to sell more. So this hurt me.

I happened to refresh my portfolio at an instant when the TSLA price was almost unchanged from yesterday's close, within a dollar or two. I was surprised to see that overall I was fairly significantly in the green. The explanation was easy to see: all my long term calls were up significantly, much more than the dollar increase in the stock price would justify. This is the opposite effect, or run up to, the volatility collapse we always see after the actual earnings come out. It has convinced me that I will sell some of the deeper-in-the-money ones next wednesday before the report, so I both harvest that volatility premium, and have dry powder in case of "sell the news", or an unexpected (by me anyway) bad report.

First I have NO facts.

?

A lot of volume is nothing more than algobots trading with one another.

I happened to refresh my portfolio at an instant when the TSLA price was almost unchanged from yesterday's close, within a dollar or two. I was surprised to see that overall I was fairly significantly in the green. The explanation was easy to see: all my long term calls were up significantly, much more than the dollar increase in the stock price would justify. This is the opposite effect, or run up to, the volatility collapse we always see after the actual earnings come out. It has convinced me that I will sell some of the deeper-in-the-money ones next wednesday before the report, so I both harvest that volatility premium, and have dry powder in case of "sell the news", or an unexpected (by me anyway) bad report.

I plan to do the same.

EDIT: I should say that I will also roll a subset of the proceeds up into higher strike, shorter term calls (Aug/Sept) to try and capture some of the rise in the event where S&P inclusion looks like an inevitability based on Q2 results.