Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more thing: Musk is already the fifth wealthiest person on the planet, and he’s only just getting started.

It is hard to wrap my head around how much of the world’s wealth this one man may own and control if even half of the objectives of his various enterprises comes to fruition.

Musk is on a trajectory to soon become the wealthiest and most powerful businessperson, not only ever, but by orders of magnitude.

Either this results in a spectacular implosion, or the greatest renaissance known to man.

It’s intermission of an epic story. Let’s refresh our popcorn.

Last edited:
And what’s even more exciting, Tesla is simultaneously skating to where three different pucks are going: electric transport, autonomous driving and solar energy.

And each goal is worth a trillion dollars.

Equally important, their skating seems to be rapidly improving....

That was the other exciting part of the call, they are going to get much better at manufacturing, they see plenty of opportunities to make improvements.

Gotta use your Teslaquila somehow, and don't want to accidentally go to plaid and make Tequila Mistakes. You might become bankwupt.

So, margaritas: the chill mode of Teslaquila consumption.

Tesla was denied right to Teslaquila trademark because of this

Spirit-Tesla-Slivovitz__96477.1524596989.jpg

Today's high was an all-time intraday high.
Today's low was an all-time high daily low.
Today's close was the second highest ever, second only to yesterday.

TSLA is doing fine.
Today's high was the fourth best intraday high. [yeah, got it wrong last time -- it was the second best]
Today's low was an all-time high daily low.
Today's close was the second highest ever, second only to the day before yesterday.

TSLA is doing fine. And tomorrow will reflect earnings, so I'm guessing (and betting) we're going even higher.

Zach is an amazing CFO. I think that a large part of TSLA's current stock price can be attributed to Tesla's new IR stance and the fancy new earnings reports.

TSLA has gone from $200 to $1,600 since:
  • Tesla started started to disclose less public information
  • Under promise and over delivering became the norm
  • The earnings letter revamp in Q3'19
  • Zach has started to provide better information around naysayer talking points like the AR.
Of course Tesla has also delivered strong results over the same time period, but I think the effect of the way in which these results have been communicated to investors should not be underestimated.
Personally, I think the influence of Sith Lord Ellison may also have something to do with it: "It’s not enough to win. All others must fail." :eek:

Recommended house rules for tonight - if I may be so bold:
  1. Don't post the SP only We all have Google and no one is going to believe you when you say it is over 2k anyway;)
  2. Don't post excerpts of the report without spending at least 1 minute constructing a summary and/or your analysis
  3. Don't post quotes from the call without spending at least 1 minute constructing a summary and/or your analysis
  4. Don't post unless you are up to date on the thread and can confirm nobody has posted already. This has been almost impossible on previous ER evenings but if everyone follows these rules we have a chance.
This should limit us to less than 20 pages. Anymore?
By my calcs we hit 23 pages:
9154 to 9177
Not bad but room for improvement.

Elon said they will make a compact vehicle and an all terrain vehicle?
Anybody with the transcript - high capacity xxxx vehicle?

LOL at Elon recruiting revolutionary actuaries
Mathematical definition of an oxymoron.

If the TSLA AH increase disappoints you, forget it. This was a great day for Tesla!

Elon's confidence was at an all-time high. The path of continued growth to domination is clearer than ever.

Freemont will ramp to 500K/yr 3/Y (probably more when GA5 is finally finished) + 100K/yr S/X
Giga Shanghai will ramp to 500K/yr 3/Y
Giga Berlin will ramp to 2M/yr Y/3/?
Giga Austin (2,100 acres vs 741 acres) is 3 times the size of Berlin and should end up ~5-6M/yr

Just those 4 GFs will take production to 8-9M/yr by 2025/26.

Future GFs in Chongqing and Seoul should both be announced within a couple of years. IMO, good chance Chongqing is similar in size and output to Austin. Does anyone still doubt 15M/yr by 2030? Sure hope. These two may be enough to get us there.

I have never felt better about the company. The bull rush from $1,119 (prior to Q2 deliveries) to now is quite valid regardless of S&P 500 inclusion.
I have reposted here:
Gigafactory locations and products
I’d love to see Elon hire Jim Keller as a shared resource for Neuralink, Tesla, SpaceX AMD any thing Elon might have up his sleeve.
Great idea - If Neuralink can't tempt him back, nothing will.

Has anyone figured out if Elon's full self driving alpha build on his car is the 4D FSD rewrite version? Or is it just 2.5D with added functionality??

Alpha definitely implies that it's the re-write they are working on and Elon gave example that it can take him to work with zero interruption sometimes
I think Elon's Alpha is on 2.5D still - or at least mostly 2.5D. Elon stated that the 0.5 was time related and not stacked sprites.

Well done on forecasting profit all:
TSLA Q2 2020 GAAP Income poll
TMC deserves street cred on Wall St.

One more thing: Musk is already the fifth wealthiest person on the planet, and he’s only just getting started.

It is hard to wrap my head around how much of the world’s wealth this one man may own and control if even half of the objectives of his various enterprises comes to fruition.

Musk is on a trajectory to soon become the wealthiest and most powerful businessperson, not only ever, but by orders of magnitude.

Either this results in a spectacular implosion, or the greatest renaissance known to man.

It’s intermission of an epic story. Let’s refresh our popcorn.

Imagine if Elon succeeds in all his ventures:

1. Transitioned Earth to sustainable energy
2. Created Autonomous cars, saving millions of lives remaking worldwide transportation
3. Rebuilt the internet in space and connected everyone on Earth
4. Colonized Mars
5. Solved Traffic with tunnels
6. Neuralink allowing paraplegics to walk again

We’d be talking about Jesus level stuff here guys. He just needs to resurrect himself and then there’d be no doubt, lol.

Couldn't it just be an alpha with new functionality? Handling different intersections, summoning to addresses, etc?

A rewrite means they put the current stuff into "sustained engineering" (as in, stop working on it unless there's a bad bug found). It would make no sense to put any effort into an architecture you know doesn't have any future.

Overall, looks to me ER was about as expected, so seems no big moves in stock price either direction (like options market predicted). Just that the profit question is resolved to yes. We'll see.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger