Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-8-31_14-37-52.png

Last edited:
It just struck me about those $25 billion (probably 30 by now) that the shorts have lost. What if they had invested the original money, never mind in Tesla, but in almost ANY other tech company instead. I'm not sure how many billions that is but it's not a $30 billion mistake. It's 40-50 billion easily.
If they did that....$TSLA would not be where its at today. THANK YOU Shorts!!!

It just struck me about those $25 billion (probably 30 by now) that the shorts have lost. What if they had invested the original money, never mind in Tesla, but in almost ANY other tech company instead. I'm not sure how many billions that is but it's not a $30 billion mistake. It's 40-50 billion easily.

Not if you agree with Jack's theory: The Tesla Conspiracy... or Am I a Dead Whistleblower? - EVTV Motor Verks

Let’s take a look at the awl bidness. Currently we are at 100 million barrels of oil used each day worldwide – 20 million here in the U.S. At $55 per barrel, that’s about $5.5 billion per day. That’s another $2 TRILLION world market business. As the percentage of all automobiles that are electric grows, the demand for oil will diminish. Fully 50% of all oil goes to road transport. That is $2.75 billion per day. And for every day that future is delayed, is another $2.75 billion.

The Shorts would have made out better if they invested in Theranos. 0 is better than negative.

Don't think so. This is because the stock is affordable for those who can't purchase fractional shares. More or less pent up demand.
So what you are saying is.

All these people who couldn't afford Tsla at 2k a share ended up buying and selling hundreds of millions of shares today at 500 dollars a share?

As I think back over the last several months and all of the SP related actions, the cadence of messaging, the strategies with the split, S&P 500 inclusion, global expansion, product expansion, tech innovation, manufacturing innovation, SpaceX success, and even short shorts (just to name a few) - I have to say that nobody is that lucky. Elon is a 4D chess master. Thank you, Elon and Team!

Boldly HODLing.

So what you are saying is.

All these people who couldn't afford Tsla at 2k a share ended up buying and selling hundreds of millions of shares today at 500 dollars a share?
Is there a way to know what % of purchases today were just one share per purchase? I'd bet it is a way higher % than any other day.

My near-term predictions (aka SWAG)

1. S&P inclusion announcement on August 31st

2. Tesla announces additional share offering within a week after the inclusion announcement.

3. Battery day & Annual shareholder meeting will focus on battery technology, increased range, & highlight the growing Tesla Energy business. Surprises may be moving the timeline for the Roadster & Cybertruck. FSD will be getting closer…still “soon”

4. Design refreshes on the S & X will wait until after September 30th

HODL if you can. Enjoy the ride.

Once again my belief in my powers of prediction is shattered.
But I will get by...

(and console myself with watching the share price).;)