Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cramer spent like 20 mins shouting to the heavens about how great Tesla and how great Q3 was........not one mention or peep of the FSD beta build. I haven't seen one mention of it on CNBC....even analysts that are bullish aren't mentioning it on Twitter.

Guys I believe we've been transported back to Q1 2019 where we all saw what was about to happen to Tesla's valuation while no one else got it or could see it. Seeing how good the FSD beta is already(way farther along than I thought it would be), I'm thinking at some point in the next year, we see a doubling....possibly near tripling of Tesla's current value. Sounds crazy I know but the FSD beta so far is that impressive.

Still find it strange that there were a ton of videos released during the wee hours of the morning, and then the sun came up...and nada. Or maybe I just suck at finding them. :).

Well only a couple known people have got it and they were out late last night doing videos of it.

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV

These guys look like they're about to head out and capture more footage

• Informative
Reactions: M|S|W
I typically keep my cars 3 to 5 years. At $8000, that comes out to $222 to $133 per month since FSD isn't transferable. It also may be difficult to get insurance to value it if the car is totaled at some point.

At $10000, that month cost increases 25%

If i were buying a Tesla for use primarily as a taxi, it is worth it. For personal use, I will wait and see what the subscription looks like. I enjoy driving and don't belive I would use FSD enough to justify that cost. I'm also in software engineering and it will be a long time before I will trust it fully.

I suspect Tesla will see much higher take rates on subscriptions and I think they should consider price levels that are different for personal use vs commercial use.

Cramer spent like 20 mins shouting to the heavens about how great Tesla and how great Q3 was........not one mention or peep of the FSD beta build. I haven't seen one mention of it on CNBC....even analysts that are bullish aren't mentioning it on Twitter.

Guys I believe we've been transported back to Q1 2019 where we all saw what was about to happen to Tesla's valuation while no one else got it or could see it. Seeing how good the FSD beta is already(way farther along than I thought it would be), I'm thinking at some point in the next year, we see a doubling....possibly near tripling of Tesla's current value. Sounds crazy I know but the FSD beta so far is that impressive.

Strategy for me is to HODL on to the core shares. Maybe even convert a few older ITM LEAPS into more shares. But on the sides, gamble with calls to predict when the broader markets understands that TSLA has won the autonomous game.

Last edited:

yeah but in q2 2019 we were halved first :eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: UncaNed
I typically keep my cars 3 to 5 years. At $8000, that comes out to $222 to $133 per month since FSD isn't transferable. It also may be difficult to get insurance to value it if the car is totaled at some point.

At $10000, that month cost increases 25%

Why are you assuming that it adds no value to the next owner of the car? Surely a 5 year old Tesla with FSD is worth more than a 5-year old Tesla without FSD.

In 5 years FSD might cost $20k and you could actually get more in retained value from it than you paid for it.

That's kind of what I expected to happen really. Small leaks out of early access type users giving us the heads up way ahead of anyone in Wall Street even realizing what was going on.

I know there has to be SOMEBODY from these firms reading this forum. So, tip to the intern tasked with this. Point this out to your boss and be a big hero.

Could we convince Tesla to be able to pay $8000 already and lock in the FSD prices for a future Tesla buy? Because we believe in the value of FSD today, but still don't have the need for a car at this moment. I already have a few CT reservations, however, I would like to get a model Y in a couple of years.
Put that money into TSLA. It will grow faster than FSD prices. (over a 5 year period at least)

I would be curiously looking out for FSD deferred revenue in their 10Q this quarter. As Zach mentioned, they only recognised 10M this quarter, BY GOD! we will have a crazy positive surprise in q4. Also, They have tied many current customers' hand to buy FSD this quarter (talk about anti osborne). They could certainly recognise all of the previous deferred FSD revenue AND recognise 100% FSD revenue by claiming feature complete. This is going to be monstrous.

I am also hopeful that the short shorts profits could also come in as a wildcard. That could have a total of 500M or more pure profit suprise.

Although, I think Zach might want to save some FSD deferred revenue for 21q1

Last edited:
Put that money into TSLA. It will grow faster than FSD prices. (over a 5 year period at least)

Interesting food for thought.
FSD could have a 10X from here since Elon thinks long term it could be worth 100k. Also think that Tesla could have a 10X from here to 4T.
Except one could atleast deploy it at an opportune time if TSLA valuation drops much below 400B.

Reactions: Nocturnal