Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll certainly take a quick 9-10% any day of the week (if it lasts), but the announcement of TSLA joining the S&P 500 doesn't seem to be the explosive event some here predicted.

It will be good to get this in the rearview mirror next month with Q4 deliveries coming out a couple of weeks later.

The capping action and the sudden increase of calls is indication that this was leaked.

I'd hold back at the explosive comment.
We simply don't know.

https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en//...0201116-1258362/1258362_tdec215addconsult.pdf

Tesla Set to Join S&P 500 NEW YORK, November 16, 2020: Tesla Inc. (NASD:TSLA) will be added to the S&P 500 effective prior to the open of trading on Monday, December 21 to coincide with the December quarterly rebalance. Due to the large size of the addition, S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking feedback through a consultation to the investment community to determine if Tesla should be added all at once on the rebalance effective date or in two separate tranches ending on the rebalance effective date. Tesla will replace a S&P 500 company to be named in a separate press release closer to the rebalance effective date.

Would adding TSLA in one or two tranches matter at all on how many shares that will be bought? If two tranches then there will be two deadlines so to speak for the fund managers to address.

• Helpful
Reactions: Harrito
Inclusion is 12 /21

Yeah, but I think the organizations who mirror the SP500 will be doing a little preshopping. Same way with other companies going to front run a bit.

Add on top of the vaccine news, great 3Q, and expected wonderful 4Q--TSLA has been ready to pop after being unfairly squished down to low 400's for the last few weeks.

Now I'm just curious, will my Tesla arrive before the SP500 is official? :eek: It was supposed to arrive between Oct 28th - Nov 25th, but I've since been told December by my advisor.

I honestly don't think anybody understands the squeeze potential, you will have to wait for regular trading tomorrow to see it!
The capping action and the sudden increase of calls is indication that this was leaked.

I'd hold back at the explosive comment.
We simply don't know.
I'm rooting hard for the squeeze to happen.

Perhaps I should have waited until tomorrow morning to comment on the market's initial reaction.

Would adding TSLA in one or two tranches matter at all on how many shares that will be bought? If two tranches then there will be two deadlines so to speak for the fund managers to address.

Looks like it will be two weeks back-to-back:
upload_2020-11-16_23-38-15.png

I'm rooting hard for the squeeze to happen.

Perhaps I should have waited until tomorrow morning to comment on the market's initial reaction.
This is pretty much a perfect storm, and it'll last until at least Dec 29th......then 500k will be announced.....then guidance for 1M. I don't recall the standard window where shares are supposed to be accumulated, but I think it's a week. Gonna be bad ugly.

Anyone know an accurate measure of current short interest? How horrible must that feel right now?

This is pretty much a perfect storm, and it'll last until at least Dec 29th......then 500k will be announced.....then guidance for 1M. I don't recall the standard window where shares are supposed to be accumulated, but I think it's a week. Gonna be bad ugly.

Anyone know an accurate measure of current short interest? How horrible must that feel right now?
The Opposite of David Einhorn ETF is on fire today!

So will this be a big spike and regression after, or just a decent bump that will hold? Thoughts?
From now through the end of the year, it's my understanding that dozens of millions of shares must be accumulated by institutions. That should be some sustained horribleness for those short TSLA. Oh yeah....they also need to cover before going bankrupt, that might have an impact. Oh yeah.....the MM's selling all these options contracts in low IV environment will now need to hedge like crazy, that may have an impact too!

All these people asked for this. I feel no remorse.

So will this be a big spike and regression after, or just a decent bump that will hold? Thoughts?

I'll probably just watch it for now. So much for getting any work done tomorrow.

Guessing spike tomorrow, possibly a squeeze but now that max pain as been obliterated and looking at the open calls I can't imagine resistance will set in prior to an alltime high if not tomorrow, then this week as FOMO sets in from the headlines that are being written now.

I'd also imagine that S&P's have been buying in a bit expecting this, but I'd imagine not more than 10 to 20% so that would leave 80 to 90% left to invest over the next month which amounts to eleventy-billion (give or take a bazillion)...ok, it's only about...wait, let Rob tell you! https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tesla+daily+podcast+inclusion