Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The profits are born of a loving spouse shocking me with belief when my weak hands wanted to sell.

In my case it's the other way round. If it were up to my spouse, she'd had taken profits long ago. In her defense, she has never invested in anything but real estate (in which she did very well) and therefore has a hard time grasping HODLING stocks and compounding interest.

Our completely different and seperate ways of accumulating wealth are what keeps our combined portfolio diversified :rolleyes:.

In my case it's the other way round. If it were up to my spouse, she'd had taken profits long ago. In her defense, she has never invested in anything but real estate (in which she did very well) and therefore has a hard time grasping HODLING stocks and compounding interest.

Our completely different and seperate ways of accumulating wealth are what keeps our combined portfolio diversified :rolleyes:.

Same here, wife freaks-out whenever we get a big drop, while I stress like hell, but then buy LEAPS in the dip and shares whenever I can.

A bit annoyingly, my wife has been saving-up €1k every month, I advised her to at least put it into an ETF, and suggested ARKK - of course she didn't... pfff!

Last edited:
Apparently the leak of Chinese deliveries from a few days ago was correct.

Screenshot_20201208-104118_Twitter.jpg

https://twitter.com/Tesmanian_com/status/1336224804584579073?s=19

This bodes well for hitting the 500k annual deliveries this year

I was a TSLA investor before I found this board. There were some periods where reading this board was detrimental. People would get overexcited about an upcoming event or release, and several times it influenced reckless decisions on my part.

But overall, there’s no doubt that this board influenced large investment gains. A special thank you to those who so diligently cranked out the numbers on what profitability would look like.

The biggest benefit of this board to me has been emotional support. Every single friend and family member had nothing but contempt for Elon, Tesla and TSLA. It got to the point I couldn’t talk to anyone about it for fear of being laughed out of the room.

We were the misfits, and we found each other here.

The Internet and social media has also been subject to mass contempt. And yes, it has spawned hate groups and all sorts of conspiracy theories. It has made many things worse.

But this forum is an example of the baby that we must ensure never gets thrown out in the bath water. Never before in history can a person with a viewpoint or interest that is one-in-ten-thousand find and communicate with an entire group of like minded souls. This is a big leap forward in civilization. It is going to enable more friendships to be formed, more innovations to be collaboratively advanced, and yes, more fortunes to be made.

Last edited:
*TESLA TO SELL SHARES, SEES PROCEEDS OF UP TO $5B

EDGAR Filing Documents for 0001193125-20-312194

At the market program like last time.

Don't understand at what price they will raise? It doesn't say clearly in the documents... neither "the closing price of xxx" nor some dollar value, only the term "Common Stock, par value $0.001 per share, Having an Aggregate Offering Price of up to $5,000,000,000" whatever that's supposed to mean?

Edit: Thanks to everyone who educated me on how to read 8K-filings. I was thinking about some of the early cap raises where the prospectus had a fixed price mentioned, but I understand now that this raise is a purely "opportunistic" at-market price raise.

Last edited:
Don't understand at what price they will raise? It doesn't say clearly in the documents... neither "the closing price of xxx" nor some dollar value, only the term "Common Stock, par value $0.001 per share, Having an Aggregate Offering Price of up to $5,000,000,000" whatever that's supposed to mean?
It says clearly:
having aggregate sales proceeds of up to $5.0 billion (the “Shares”), from time to time, through an “at-the-market” offering program (the “Offering”).
It's like the MMs have an extra 5B in TSLA to sell.
As did @JBRR
At the market program like last time.

At the market, so they are giving the underwriters a mandate to sell 5b$ worth of shares in the open market at their discretion. Last offering was same approach, and it all got sold within 1 trading day I believe.