Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar story here. Took delivery of first Model S on Dec 30th 2012; delivery driver brought it on a flatbed to my house at 9pm and handed me the keyfob after signing some papers.

Sensing that Tesla was going places, I had invested in first batch of stock around $40; sold off chunks at $80, $120, and $160 then only to see it go much higher. After that experience, I resolved that if the price ever came back down again, I would buy using an 'unwise proportion' of my retirement savings and HODL onto it, accepting that if I lost it all then I would just have to work past age 65.

In part thanks to the encouragement and invaluable knowledge generously shared in this forum, looks like my retirement savings might just cross the 8 figure mark today. Bonus is being able to profit off of a cause which is positive for humanity.

Cheers to all fellow TSLA long-term investors.

That encouragement and information gained from reading way too much of TMC for 8 years has been nearly (but not quite) incalculable in its value to me as well. So many posters, with so many different sources of information - there's no way that I could have found all of this myself.

It is the root of my belief that I have an information edge over the professionals in this one specific instance. And that information edge has created a ridonculous outcome in the portfolio over the years.

And I/we still have it, though I'm starting to think it's shrinking from cavernous to merely huge.

Lol now we play the

TSLA: I'm green!
MM: No you aren't!
TSLA: Yes I am! Look at me, I'm green!
MM: No you're not, you're red. See?
TSLA: Hmm. I could swear a second ago I was...
MM: Wait, why are you green now? That ain't right. There. Now you're red.

game.
You sure $TSLA is green? The ticker on the bottom of CNBC is delayed a little....i have to wait till they show TSLA before i can confirm :)

• Funny
Reactions: Todd Burch
Imma leave this here... :D

View attachment 615667

Mkt cap: 61.20B :p

Cheers!

1 Year Later: Mkt cap: 612.69B :D

TSLA.chart.2020-12-08.1-yr.png

Cheers to the Longs!

P.S. Long may you run.

Dec 31 $1000 calls are up over 100% today! Dec 31 $900 calls are up 75%. I just sold a couple of each. I won't mind losing some shares at those prices, unless of course this really is an infinity squeeze :eek:

Here's my problem with the "wouldn't mind losing some shares" line of thinking. I think I am willing to part with shares for $1000 this month. I don't expect the stock to stay at those heights for long. So I picture it squeezing over $1000 on or about the 18th and then falling back to $700 or a similar lower range the following week.

But what if the price shoots up like that and the option isn't exercised? I would want to sell a block of 100 shares then, while the price is temporarily still that high. But then what if it IS exercised just after I sell my 100? I don't want to lose 200 shares at that price! I have a higher target for the next block! Or what if there is a "slow and steady" rise to $1000 and it doesn't look like a squeeze after all, and I decide to hang on instead of selling in anticipation of a drop?

Bottom line I feel like the "I'm willing to part with shares at that price" doesn't play that well with selling calls to make the transaction if there's the chance it will take a short-term squeeze to get there. I don't think the $770 premium for a Dec-24-$1000 call is worth all that juggling on a $100K transaction.

It would be easier if I was willing to part with shares at $700 -- but I'm not. :)