Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, still in the 720-740 channel with several vehement rejections of 740. It’s looking very steady, though the overall market helped a bit. But any time there are ugly red candles with volume behind them and buyers step in and hoover up shares like they did today is a good sign.

edit: added expertly annotated chart showing the smackdowns each time it crept above 740:

View attachment 624673

I disagree with your characterization of "vehement rejections" of 740. The red circles you drew on the volume chart show spikes in volume that precede the attempts at $740 by a minute or more. The volume spikes were pushing the price higher, not smacking it down.

I hate to say it, but it looks to me like actors who don't necessarily have any love for TSLA or the mission are trying to push the price higher (and succeeding).

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: Ipe and FireMedic
It's nearing iphone margins of 35% and this is before the new battery cells. They generate 26.44b/quarter from 35% margin iphones. Tesla will probably catch them in 2 years on a hardware perspective. Just need them software to kick in.
Makes me wonder if the Cybertruck will be even higher.

The second part of the story that Model Y could dropped to RMB Yuan 260,000 sometimes serves as negative narratives in China.

Here we see price drop for high tech goods being natural and positive and first adopters accept it.

But in China the price drop actually cause a portion of the already purchasers to feel being cheated and they sometimes stage protest since it devalue their resale value and caused them to "lose face" since now the statue of their social standing is depreciated.

Also it is a FUD that opponents like to spread to discourage the purchase until later for reduced price. They call it "Deng deng dang", "the party of wait a little bit".

So just be aware of the different culture.

Actually the vice president for external affairs of Shanghai Giga, Tao Lin, large part of her job that outsiders can observe is to actively fight this price drop FUD.

And she sometimes joked that since Tesla does not have PR, so her jobs as head of the customer service has to double up as PR. similar to Elon's one man PR show.

Not just in China. You can always find posts here on TMC with people just missing out on X and complaining about it.

The bollinger bands must have foreshadowed this move, the upper band limit really aiming high!

BB.PNG

I disagree with your characterization of "vehement rejections" of 740. The red circles you drew on the volume chart show spikes in volume that precede the attempts at $740 by a minute or more. The volume spikes were pushing the price higher, not smacking it down.

I hate to say it, but it looks to me like actors who don't necessarily have any love for TSLA or the mission are trying to push the price higher (and succeeding).

You are incorrect. The volume bars circled are 1:26 and 1:48. Those are the the minutes the SP broke above 740 after consolidating. I was watching it happen real-time; peek above 740, and a surge of volume hitting the bid. Check the chart in your own platform.

The fact that there was also such support makes me wonder how thick the Chinese wall is at MS, though.

upload_2021-1-5_18-23-57.png

So maybe this isn't because of a new PT? It was mentioned that a million dollars or shares were done in last night's AH's if I remember right? Maybe this is something bigger?
I Am sorta thinking it could be the next FSD upgrade is going to be unsettling Why? Well someone pointed out that the free three months of FSD for those that bought the last three days of 2019 would start on a specific date in mid January. Maybe there is truth to his musing that the reason the Free FSD would happen then was because a massive improvement in FSD was coming out.
And even if that is not the case there is the issue with a large trade (amount) happening yesterday AHs.
Could be the Georgia Senatorial races being predicted by the purchaser.

Whenever there is a jump after hours I have trouble sleeping in anticipation of what will happen in the morning. I will not sleep well tonight.

Really? I’m going to sleep like a kitten after chasing a ball of yarn for 10 minutes that was dipped in Tequila. We in the money regardless of tomorrow.

Last edited: