Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We should have a quarterly contest to see what's the most ridiculous thing you could spin into an "Elon is amazing" comment. You've had a lot, but so far this is tops for me.

Unless this is an April Fools thing?
Wow. I really think you might not understand Elon. He doesn't need a pageant to ogle beautiful young women! Sometimes appearances are not what they seem at first glance. I learned this when I was 5 or 6 and it's only been strengthened by the passage of time.

I absolutely do not try to spin things to the positive, I try to order things in a way that makes the various pieces of the puzzle fit with as few gaps as possible. If I find a piece of the puzzle that almost fits, but the shape is not quite right, I don't force it down with my thumb, I calmly set it aside and look for other pieces to fit in other places. Eventually, there are enough surrounding pieces that the ones set aside can find their place in the puzzle.

Accusing me as spinning this into the most positive thing possible is only because you don't understand the process I used to get there. Now it's possible that Elon has under-estimated the stubbornness and sexist ways of pageant people and is unsuccessful in swaying them. Let's revisit this in 4 or 5 years and see what becomes of it. It may amount to nothing but the potential is there for it to accelerate real and positive change. Speaking only from a historical perspective, Elon has shown a knack for knowing when the time was right for his various initiatives and ventures. He might be a few years early on this, time will tell.

The pageants are so sexist it's disgusting. Reform is mandatory because they are not going away.

Pageants are supposed to be sexist. That’s the whole point! Sexy, beauty, charm, attraction... it’s human nature. Most heathy humans really enjoy it for a significant portion of their lives. That’s why pageants “aren’t going away.” Celebrate it! Hugh Hefner strived for that decades ago.

Participation is voluntary. If you don’t like it. Don’t partipate in it.

If you want a competition for scientific brains, political discourse or alternate body image there are other competitions for those things.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: JRP3 and StealthP3D
I'm still trying to determine what level of lying, or trickery, or deception, or poor planning, or poor coordination, or poor judgment, or WHAT...

...was that VW name fiasco.

I'm leaning toward the thought that it was deliberate, and then upon learning of the jokes it engendered, VW backpedaled and claimed it was an April Fool's joke.

A TWO-day early joke. Right, sure. That, given his formal, public response, the President of VW USA swallowed hook, line and sinker.

And I'm finding it just wondrous - 'tho no surprise - that to it the so-fast-to-jump-on-Mr Musk SEC has responded not one picometer.

I've nothing but disgust to distribute all around.
They floated the name to gauge the reaction. They did it two days before April fools because that allowed them to either keep the name if it was well received, or claim it was an early April Fools day joke if it wasn't. They think they're pretty clever. Like they can get away with things.

I don’t understand how that would serve them, the the SP then rises again.

I’d expect them to walk the SP down to below 670 or preferably below 650, no?
Read about 'Fibonacci retracement'. MMs short it down to a tgt SP; cover until SP rises half way back, rince, repeat, until they can get it to stay at their desired SP.

Only lots of buying interest with solid volume overcomes this. On a day with pending news like the P&D report, some large buyers will sit on the sidelines.

Sudden SP drops are used to kill off buying momentum. It's all a mind game. Hedgies actually have no clue about the companies they target; they have only insatiable greed.

That may be the hardest part of this to understand (also why we've been wrecking the planet for 50 yrs instead of embracing renewables).

HTH.

Yeah... honestly, I can’t imagine Elon being inclined to have anything to do with “Miss Universe.”
I think it is pretty obvious if you think ahead like Elon does.

Miss Universe will eventually just be Miss Earth vs Miss Mars.

How do you get men to want go to Mars? You need beautiful women there. How do you get the women there? Hold a Miss Mars contest.

Wasn’t Elon’s mother modeling for a living .

Yes, she was beautiful, intelligent and independent, especially for the place and the era. Assuming that Elon is really accepting a seat on the BoD of the pageant, I'm confident he wants to reform the judging criteria to empower women. We know Elon still respects his mother today (unlike his father who reminds me of the type of men that tend to run these beauty pageants). It's almost like Elon is trying to reverse the all the wrongs in his life.

Edit: And I believe she still models occasionally!

Last edited:
I wish I could give both a like and dislike to this post....
97cbc533d42731ce37ef51f40d6254fe.jpg
;)

My buddy just told me “on point A fiverr mills. Decode and enjoy. happy April fools”.

This can totally be a joke. But this is the person who knew the Tesla internal estimate for 2021.

what I got from that message is 1.15m. On is 1 missing an e. Point is ., capital a means 1, fiverr is 5 and mills is million.

A number like this matches with what he has been saying all along that he never saw it publicly. And if this is the estimate for 2021, exciting time ahead for sure because it’s 130% increase yoy.

My buddy just told me “on point A fiverr mills. Decode and enjoy. happy April fools”.

This can totally be a joke. But this is the person who knew the Tesla internal estimate for 2021.

what I got from that message is 1.15m. On is 1 missing an e. Point is ., capital a means 1, fiverr is 5 and mills is million.

A number like this matches with what he has been saying all along that he never saw it publicly. And if this is the estimate for 2021, exciting time ahead for sure because it’s 130% increase yoy.

Lol your buddy loves trolling you :p

If he's legit, we're gonna be Scrooge McDuck'ing it in here

Yeah... honestly, I can’t imagine Elon being inclined to have anything to do with “Miss Universe.”

Whenever something doesn't make sense, you need to question whether it's true. But, assuming it is true, then one still needs to arrange the pieces so they fit. Because, on some level, everything makes perfect sense.

So I just noticed that Lucid is advertising on CNBC. Lucid Air is Model S “competitor”.

So they are already starting with so much disadvantage. Lack of manufacturing and sourcing scale, charging infra, and now they have to spend on marketing. Even if their tech is at par with Tesla, their ROI will be so poor. The only thing they are differentiating is “luxury”. But competing with Tesla at the same price point will be very difficult.
Not only that, but it looks like they have WAY less robots than Tesla did even for the Model S line. That won't allow them to scale much. I know it's a more expensive product, but remember Tesla just barely got by, with no competition, at 50k/year production rates...

On the other hand, they do have deep pockets in their Saudi owners...

I'm glad the conservative right can feel some sort of affinity towards Elon. That's one reason GoJo's observations of a "demand problem" make him the laughing stock of anyone familiar with Tesla's business.

If I know Elon, he didn't get involved in a beauty pageant because he thought it was a great opportunity to ogle some young beauties who might think a "quark" must be a clique of quirky people, nor did he do it to further sexist stereotypes - quite the opposite. I'm guessing he wants to change beauty pageants for the better. I'm pretty sure he wants to be an advocate for intellectual achievements and abilities and to have these attributes appropriately weighted in the judging criteria. Elon wants to empower young women and bring beauty pageants into the modern era.

He's all about trying to make the world a better place and he's not afraid to crawl down into the creepy circles of people that run these things in order to make them better. And if this gets more intelligent and beautiful young women to aspire to Tesla ownership, he has created some great marketing, the kind you can't buy. A new Tesla will probably be one of the top pageant awards and the winner will represent, not only physical beauty, but also superior mental abilities and toughness. Elon thinks years ahead and he loves to fix two bugs by changing one line of code. What a great marketing opportunity! Elon is always working to better the world.

This is why I invest in Tesla. Anyone trying to portray this as some kind of negative needs to look a little deeper beneath the surface. Because it's absolutely brilliant!
If anyone could do it, it would be Elon. But him on that set will surely be mis-represented by the usual suspects... The headlines write themselves: 'Billionaire's Beauty Babes' and more of same. Also: Too off-brand, prob Aprils Fool's joke.

Last edited:
Come on everyone. Endeavor is a much bigger company than UFC or Miss Universe. Read the S-1 if you're curious: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1766363/000119312521102184/d67085ds1.htm#rom67085_4

This is nothing more than Endeavor and Ari Emmanuel getting a high profile experienced, public company director for its IPO. Elon likes it because he gets to schmooze with power players in Hollywood. Nothing new there - that schmoozing has long been Elon's thing.

Eventually, there are enough surrounding pieces that the ones set aside can find their place in the puzzle.
This has nothing to do with beauty pageants IMO.

This has to do with developing mixed martial arts fighting (the UFC) as a venue for online gambling - again IMO. The board has been extended ( Fawn Weaver, EM) to allow the failed IPO to go forward. Looks to me like Star Lake and MS want their exit strategy But what do I know. Look at the board.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand