Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone under the age of 50 or so really care about those old fashioned ideas of luxury anyway? Millennials and Gen-x (and newer) don't care about owning fine china and I doubt most of us care about some rare wood being inlaid into the dash. We buy Apple watches rather than Rolexes.

Disagree. That doesn't translate into Tesla sales, it only adds controversy and alienates the group that has actually made Tesla possible. This isn't "mainstream" Republicans, but the weird alt-right Qanon crowd that this stuff appeals to. If he wanted to expand sales away from the liberal/climate change crowd he should speak more about foreign oil, war, energy independence vs "red pills".

If Elon is doing this to improve beauty pageants then he isn't as intelligent as I think. The future female STEM leaders aren't going to say "oh, well I wanted to be an engineer, but now I'll join Ms. America!" Elon isn't perfect by a long shot. If he takes a dump we don't need to ascribe noble intentions to it.
Your view that a woman/women wouldn’t want to be seen for their intelligence and have their beauty recognized is nicely; to not understand women.

While some people (men & women) think beauty pageants are only for the vain, stupid or untalented, I assure you there’s more to it than that for many of the contestants.

Building on it... Tesla First Commercial could be a rehash of the Grey Poupon Commercial... An S and an X stopped at the light, Loud music is coming from both cars but in a perfect mix..one is classical and the other rap. (The musics become one under the restructuring and melding of someone famous for such. Personally I'd prefer an EDM vibe like was done with Benny and the Jets).
The Window rolls down on the S, Martha Stewart is seen inside the vehicle, There is a table for two with a classic formal dinner setting; linen table cloth etc, tasteful centerpiece. There is a companion across from her. Candles lit.
The X next to her has a window slightly cracked with smoke coming out of it. She reaches out with a stylish but diminutive cane and taps the window of the X where smoke can clearly be seen coming out of, the door gull-wings up on that side. A hazy cloud of smoke bellows out and up, inside is My Man Snoop chillin with homeboy Elon,. He leans out, happy to see Martha...
Music fades or completely stops.
"Pardon me, but do you have some grey poupon?"
Snoop Pops up his shades, looks at elon, Elon looks at the sauces of which they have several that they have available for the ribs they are barbequing on the grill (hence the smoke), and pick out the Mustard-based "South Carolina Hog Dressin' Sauce," and tosses it to Martha with a, "Closest we got."
She replies with a thank you. Snoop saids something Snoopy.
Window and door closes. Music resumes. FSD's have the cars go their own ways.
Replace ribs with Beyond Meat and you have a winner!

While some people (men & women) think beauty pageants are only for the vain, stupid or untalented, I assure you there’s more to it than that for many of the contestants.

I can assure you I understand women just fine, at least women that weren't taught to sit that their value is only in looking good in a dress and making giggling small talk. Feeling that beauty pageants are stupid doesn't mean I think women don't appreciate being recognized for their looks and let's all quit pretending that these pageants do anything remotely related to intelligence. I'm not taking some principled stand here, they are just relics of history. They are dying, and for good reason. Peak interest was in the 60s, and it's only that age group that still watches them. For a forum that is so connected to technology, I'm surprised at how many here don't get this. People don't care to watch a woman put on a dress, walk across a stage, and tell us how much she loves world peace. You guys love them, fine, I don't care. Just realize you are in the minority.

Your view that a woman/women wouldn’t want to be seen for their intelligence and have their beauty recognized is nicely; to not understand women.

Not a fan of beauty pagents, but one my friend's son's ex-girlfriends was into that. First you need a fair amount of money to purchase the outfits ($5K-$10K each), second you need some real talent to compete, third you also need to be able to speak well in public.

Not a fan of beauty pagents, but one my friend's son's ex-girlfriends was into that. First you need a fair amount of money to purchase the outfits ($5K-$10K each), second you need some real talent to compete, third you also need to be able to speak well in public.
Not according to this:

I'm still trying to determine what level of lying, or trickery, or deception, or poor planning, or poor coordination, or poor judgment, or WHAT...

...was that VW name fiasco.

I'm leaning toward the thought that it was deliberate, and then upon learning of the jokes it engendered, VW backpedaled and claimed it was an April Fool's joke.

A TWO-day early joke. Right, sure. One that, given his formal, public response, the President of VW USA swallowed hook, line and sinker.

And I'm finding it just wondrous - 'tho no surprise - that to it the so-fast-to-jump-on-Mr Musk SEC has responded not one picometer.

I've nothing but disgust to distribute all around.
Sounds right. If we could expect truth in advertising, mightn’t we have expected a portmanteau like “VolksChokin’”?

Yeah, on first glance one would think that makes sense, considering many of the ARK funds are 10% TSLA. But they don't usually move in concert, and usually not with each other either.
I've only been following ARK since the beginning of the year, but they all seem to move together, almost tick-for-tick with each other throughout the day -- even those without TSLA. I can't say I've seen a day where one shot up and another sold off.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.46.32 PM.png

With some public speaking coaching, I reckon most of the participants in this thread can compete.

I realize not everyone knows this, but we have a monthly data collecting exercise here at TMC on European sales data, organized by @hobbes and @Troy - I happen to be one of the volunteers helping out for the past few years now. Here is the data we have so far....

Now obviously this looks very strong especially given that we do not have data for a few countries yet, including the UK and Germany. As we have Good Friday and Easter Monday coming up (bank holidays through most of Europe), most likely we won't even get this until mid next week. This is super relevant as the UK was Tesla's No1 and Germany was Tesla's No2 market in 2020.

So, without further ado, here is what we have so far. Read as much or as little into this as you please.

1617303210945.png

I realize not everyone knows this, but we have a monthly data collecting exercise here at TMC on European sales data, organized by @hobbes and @Troy - I happen to be one of the volunteers helping out for the past few years now. Here is the data we have so far....

Now obviously this looks very strong especially given that we do not have data for a few countries yet, including the UK and Germany. As we have Good Friday and Easter Monday coming up (bank holidays through most of Europe), most likely we won't even get this until mid next week. This is super relevant as the UK was Tesla's No1 and Germany was Tesla's No2 market in 2020.

So, without further ado, here is what we have so far. Read as much or as little into this as you please.

View attachment 650000
With the above, QoQ 15% increase seems possible (even if the are flat for the TBD numbers).

Reactions: wipster and tstolze