Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only been following ARK since the beginning of the year, but they all seem to move together, almost tick-for-tick with each other throughout the day -- even those without TSLA. I can't say I've seen a day where one shot up and another sold off.

View attachment 649999

Weird, I've felt like there have been plenty of days where especially G is completely disconnected from K, or W moves differently from K (I've held them since the Covid dip). But I'm probably thinking more anecdotally from 2020, I've certainly not tracked it like the graph you posted above, which supports what you're saying. Perhaps they are more in sync since the beginning of this year.

Reactions: PokerFJÆS
Reactions: capster
For those wondering about how the point-of-sale rebate of yesterday's American Jobs Plan announcement might affect Tesla, today the Senate Majority Leader issued a statement that it includes his "Clean Cars for America." In another thread I summarized the $10,000 rebate for trading in a gas car for "clean" vehicles including hydrogen and hybrids based on the 2019 proposal:

Senator Schumer's "Clean Cars for America" proposal (pdf) gives at least a $3000 rebate for plug-in electric, plug-in hybrid and hydrogen fuel cell cars with a bonus (unspecified) rebate based on the zero-emission range. An additional $2000 rebate for lower income families under 2x federal poverty level (e.g., family of 4 is about $50k). Add in another 50% base incentive for "made in America with strong labor standards" and another $500 for at US-made batteries and at least 50% domestic content. To qualify, the driveable trade-in gas vehicle needs to be at least 8 years old.

If Wedbush's "up to $10,000" is actually based on this proposal, we could infer the zero-emission range bonus goes up to $2000. ($3000 base + $2000 range) * 1.5 labor-standards + $2000 low-income + $500 domestic = $10,000 rebate.

Unclear if this is on top of the existing EV credit as it's specifically for trading in gas cars, so potentially someone could get $17,500 off a non-Tesla/GM electric vehicle from federal incentives. The linked pdf also has details about the incentives for charging infrastructure along city streets and public parking "using domestically made charging equipment," "require that workers both building and working in the new factories make good-wages and have strong labor standards," as well as "cash grant for manufacturers that re-tool existing U.S. factories that make internal combusion engine vehicles."

Anyone here know the possibility of refresh s being delivered to employees only hence we have not heard of any deliveries? With the rise in stock price, even the janitors can afford to buy a new S.
“I was raised to treat the janitor with the same respect as the CEO.”

He may be a janitor but he is driving a Plaid+ Model S! 🤣 🤣

I'm glad the conservative right can feel some sort of affinity towards Elon. That's one reason GoJo's observations of a "demand problem" make him the laughing stock of anyone familiar with Tesla's business.

If I know Elon, he didn't get involved in a beauty pageant because he thought it was a great opportunity to ogle some young beauties who might think a "quark" must be a clique of quirky people, nor did he do it to further sexist stereotypes - quite the opposite. I'm guessing he wants to change beauty pageants for the better. I'm pretty sure he wants to be an advocate for intellectual achievements and abilities and to have these attributes appropriately weighted in the judging criteria. Elon wants to empower young women and bring beauty pageants into the modern era.

He's all about trying to make the world a better place and he's not afraid to crawl down into the creepy circles of people that run these things in order to make them better. And if this gets more intelligent and beautiful young women to aspire to Tesla ownership, he has created some great marketing, the kind you can't buy. A new Tesla will probably be one of the top pageant awards and the winner will represent, not only physical beauty, but also superior mental abilities and toughness. Elon thinks years ahead and he loves to fix two bugs by changing one line of code. What a great marketing opportunity! Elon is always working to better the world.

This is why I invest in Tesla. Anyone trying to portray this as some kind of negative needs to look a little deeper beneath the surface. Because it's absolutely brilliant!

If this was his intent, then I feel it's a repeat of the same mistake that he made when he joined Trump's advisory council. Some noble efforts are wasted in vain when one fails to account for other people's ill-intent.

Reactions: mejojo
I can assure you I understand women just fine, at least women that weren't taught to sit that their value is only in looking good in a dress and making giggling small talk. Feeling that beauty pageants are stupid doesn't mean I think women don't appreciate being recognized for their looks and let's all quit pretending that these pageants do anything remotely related to intelligence. I'm not taking some principled stand here, they are just relics of history. They are dying, and for good reason. Peak interest was in the 60s, and it's only that age group that still watches them. For a forum that is so connected to technology, I'm surprised at how many here don't get this. People don't care to watch a woman put on a dress, walk across a stage, and tell us how much she loves world peace. You guys love them, fine, I don't care. Just realize you are in the minority.

That is a total BS myopic view. All of it. I’d educate you about what women are really thinking - being one that was raised by a man, so having a unique perspective from both sides - but this isn’t the forum.

It's not a huge thing, but Elon joining the board of a UFC/Pageant company is stupid. Tesla already has a problem with a little bit of a tech bro image. Elon's teasing about red pills and the like, fair or not, is also being seen as an embrace of the conservative right. And to head off the inevitable retort about how he is an adult and can have his own life, yes of course. However, we can't then say that everything he does is about the mission. (I like the UFC myself, and I probably am a tech bro. Pageants are so pointless and creepy though.)

Fun aside, extra power does come in handy at times. Most of us have been in a spot where we are merging or pulling out and need to move quickly.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and claim, without bothering to check the data, that beauty pageant viewership and UFC viewership both overlap yugely with pickup truck ownership—bold assertion, I know ;).

Something, something, deep in the heart of Mordor. 🎶

Not a fan of beauty pagents, but one my friend's son's ex-girlfriends was into that. First you need a fair amount of money to purchase the outfits ($5K-$10K each), second you need some real talent to compete, third you also need to be able to speak well in public.
I’m not a fan either, mostly because I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone and it’s both 1970 and 2021 at the same time. It comes across much like Gordon claiming Tesla has a demand problem because they only sold 5 cars in the Netherlands in Q121, while simultaneously expecting 185k deliveries in Q121.

I’m not a fan either, mostly because I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone and it’s both 1970 and 2021 at the same time. It comes across much like Gordon claiming Tesla has a demand problem because they only sold 5 cars in the Netherlands in Q121, while simultaneously expecting 185k deliveries in Q121.
It's 188k and he is going to be right this time. Can't wait to flood his twitter with congratulatory messages when that happens.

It's 188k and he is going to be right this time. Can't wait to float his twitter with congratulatory messages when that happens.
It'd be hilarious if he was right...he would probably be thinking to himself "Hmmmmm.....i think i really need to overshoot the moon for Q2 (random number generator...spits out 250k...yeah...ill go with that)