Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confused about the bill. I scanned over the text of the current bill, that's listed on Congress's website and I don't see any language regarding any EV rebates, income limits or otherwise. There's a lot of information regarding rebates for EV charging infrastructure and a change to the current program to include the term "Plug-in Electric Vehicle" in front of "Hybrid Vehicles". Is there another form of the bill or something I'm missing?

Whenever a new model or significant upgrade has rolled out, the most expensive version has always been shipped first.

FWIW this isn't what they did for the Model 3 launch-- the cheaper RWD one shipped for almost a full year before the first "expensive" AWD and P models ever did- though they certainly seem to have moved to your described model for future launches.

just got an updated delivery date for my Plaid: February.

I ordered on September 22nd 2020 (the minute the Plaid was announced). RN11394xxxx (black/white/cf/19")

i was initially told to expect delivery in February of 2021. then July. Now February 2022.

Maybe they’re worried what you’ll wrap it in?

Seriously, though, that’s obviously extremely frustrating and disappointing, and I’m frustrated as a shareholder in how they’ve handled the communication around S/X. The 6 month grace period Is over.

The real interesting data point here is that you use Bing. /s

Funny story: Sometime after the Bing search engine was released in the market, we had a couple over for drinks. The husband worked at Microsoft and the wife had quit working there to raise her kids (leaving about $5 million in future stock options on the table). In the course of discussion a question came up. The wife said, "Just Bing it". Neither my wife or I had heard of "Bing" so we were a little confused. I think it was I who said "what?" and she repeated "just Bing it" as if we were totally clueless. Neither of us had any clue what she was talking about. When it was finally made clear I said "Oh, you mean just Google it" and she said, "No, Bing it". :rolleyes:

These were otherwise intelligent people but they couldn't see outside their work and group of work friends and it just so happened to fall into that 10-12 year period that I didn't own any MSFT so I was not up on what the company was doing (like most people in the world who didn't work at Microsoft).

This is only tangentially related to TSLA investing. The moral of the story is it's important to not be too close to your subject matter, lest you lose sight of what others are seeing.

To answer your question, when I "Bing" "model s plaid" there is no mention of fires on the first page of results. So I don't know why Bing associates you with an unhealthy obsession with Tesla fires. /s
Wow. Cool story bro. Maybe you don't understand how Google makes money, which is allowing paid advertisers to get priority views so sometimes it's healthy to look around outside of Google. But please, I would like another story

Good luck getting 12.5k in taxes back when your household making 100k or less. Sometimes I wonder if these senators even understand taxes and math.

In the newer versions of the bill you don't need tax liability to get the incentive, do they call it a credit or a refund, meh too early for me to remember. Point is you can make 50K salary and still get 10K incentive.

Here are the details of the senate NON-BINDING vote last night - it limits EV tax credit to those earning under $100k, and also implements a price cap that means the tax credit will only apply to EVs costing less than $40k
The politicians are morons. We want to get polluting vehicles off the roads. We want families buying SUVs and large cars to buy EVs. Limiting the credit to small golf carts is stupid.

In the newer versions of the bill you don't need tax liability to get the incentive, do they call it a credit or a refund, meh too early for me to remember. Point is you can make 50K salary and still get 10K incentive.
copying @CHGolferJim who had a question about this topic.

Agreeing with @dhanson865 , there are tax credits where you can receive the credit even if you don't have taxes due.
The Earned Income Tax Credit is one such example. Even it a low wage worker has zero tax paid/due, they get the EITC as a refund.

Then you are assuming voting Americans understand taxes enough to understand what is going on with this scheme...hahahahaha. That was a good laugh.
No. I expect Americans to take note only of the soundbites that suit their political leanings. Some will key on the savings, some will key on the environmental effects. Rarely will any one person get the whole picture. All will be placated when provided the news they want to hear and the can will be kicked further down the road while the pork is slathered on thick and heavy.

These favored talking points will be targeted to the news channels that speak to the specific groups of trained sheep identified as most effective to meet the goal of reelection.

Business as usual. Not much effect on the stock, except from those buyers who do see the zoomed out perspective, which is the minority it seems.

Last edited:
I'm confused about the bill. I scanned over the text of the current bill, that's listed on Congress's website and I don't see any language regarding any EV rebates, income limits or otherwise. There's a lot of information regarding rebates for EV charging infrastructure and a change to the current program to include the term "Plug-in Electric Vehicle" in front of "Hybrid Vehicles". Is there another form of the bill or something I'm missing?
2 different bills.

Doing my part, no chairs were sold to fund this beauty. I ordered in March and had a few delays caused by me, the delivery was smooth with the new touch-less system. Saw a black plaid getting delivered and a white being driven around so maybe that was next. Off to the detailer for the full treatment and can’t wait to drive it more that 10 miles. Oh and the car is flawless! Thanks for the great work Tesla.
3392A8B1-2A85-4830-8795-35A0E0976D63.jpeg

The EV credits, if they happen, are to be accomplished during reconciliation. Anyway this si far to early to begin to make assumptions. We have not any idea what will end being the program, if indeed it ever happens. The Senate bill was limited to the 'infrastructure' portion, and included eliminating lead water pipes, building/reforming bridges, tunnels, roads etc. Reading all that may be a good use of time, but probably will not be what actually happens. One thing that is in the bill that might happen is EV charging infrastructure.

As a side note, in the Biden proposal hybrids count as if they were BEV. Therefore the assumption that Tesla would get the largest share is probably false, since all those hybrids outnumber the BEV population by a sizable number. Remember many hybrids are union built in the USA.

The politicians are morons. We want to get polluting vehicles off the roads. We want families buying SUVs and large cars to buy EVs. Limiting the credit to small golf carts is stupid.

no electric Corvette for < 40 K ;)

Glass Half Full.
CT would do well with this bill. < 40K, many more blue collar buyers

Modular battery packs needed so initial sell is for just 25KwH battery ;)

Reactions: Andy O
Doing my part, no chairs were sold to fund this beauty. I ordered in March and had a few delays caused by me, the delivery was smooth with the new touch-less system. Saw a black plaid getting delivered and a white being driven around so maybe that was next. Off to the detailer for the full treatment and can’t wait to drive it more that 10 miles. Oh and the car is flawless! Thanks for the great work Tesla.
View attachment 695169

Congrats, that's the color I'm getting my Model Y LR in! :cool:

• Love
Reactions: UncaNed and Don TLR
Giga Berlin slowly but surely moving closer to the finish line. We should know more come August 19:

After August 19, the Brandenburg State Office for the Environment would decide if the project requires yet another public hearing. If another hearing is needed, the public session should take place around mid-September in the town hall of Erkner. Such a hearing would be quite interesting, as Tesla’s hearing at the Erkner town hall last year ended up involving some fiery discussions against the facility.

Gigafactory Berlin is already set to start operations, with videos of the facility showing that its Model Y production line is raring to go. Despite still lacking a final approval, Tesla remains quite optimistic about Giga Berlin. The company estimates that Model Y production could begin at the Grünheide site by the end of the year.

So....China FUD always evident during 1st qtr...but according to a semi-reliable source:

"Tesla's sales drop in the Chinese market was because it needs to ensure adequate supplies abroad where the demand was huge," Cui Dongshu, secretary-general of the China Passenger Car Association, told the Global Times on Wednesday, noting that Tesla needs to balance demand from both China and overseas in order to maximize global sales volume :p :p :p :p :p :p

1628690939170.png