Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mind is blown to think that in only three years Tesla has managed to make the Model S Plaid just as efficient and the Model 3P We all talk about teh spectacular performance, the gaming abilities, the spaciousness and the quiet. THE EFFICIENCY is the bigger story, is it not?

Yes, but what about the competitors luxuriously appointed interiors with 9 cup holders?
When I enter, the only thing missing is the Grey Poupon by Kraft! ;)

On the good news front, this NHSTA BS is just that . . . BS. This is noise in the scheme of the long-term investment thesis on TSLA. Nothing has changed. TSLA is still the market leader in the EV space and it has technology that is far ahead of the competition. The MMs and shorts cannot change the facts, they can only spin things for short term gains. Overall, even from a stock price/market cap perspective, TSLA is still way ahead of the game.

Investigating is a pointless exercise for them because their investigation moves at a fraction of the speed of Tesla FSD improvements. They will be investigating something that no longer exists. Because Tesla has already investigated themselves. Tesla is constantly investigating themselves.
Yesir! They have already figured it out with the new vision based software when dealing with vehicles on the side of the road.

Starts at 27:12

Honest question....
I'm intrigued to buy at this drop of $680ish because it's stupid, but it would be my second highest SP entry point if I did. The SP has been plenty lower very recently. Other than rage buys, Why new conviction at higher prices than less than 3 weeks ago?
Short term SP is irrational. So I don't see it as SP was lower very recently as any kind of indication of value today versus three weeks ago. Rather, with passing time and additional data, it's becoming more and more obvious TSLA is going to be a huge success. It's inevitable.

So if the market continues to be irrational and provides more buying opportunities, I'm going to take them. Unfortunately, I'm pretty much tapped out. But I was able to squeeze in another 8 shares on today's drop. And very thankful to be able to do so.

And yes, I bought because it's stupid. That also.

In SpaceX-land things are getting spicy: Bezos has sued NASA over the Human Landing System award. They have also asked for a stop-order-injection-thingy (sorry, English legalese is not my strong point). It's very unlikely to go through, according to many IANALs, but this is definitely peak /popcorn in the whole HLS/Blue Origin saga.

I don't even have any anger leftover to get mad at the Tesla FUDsters, so that's something.
injunction maybe?

• Helpful
Reactions: Khamul
Honest question....
I'm intrigued to buy at this drop of $680ish because it's stupid, but it would be my second highest SP entry point if I did. The SP has been plenty lower very recently. Other than rage buys, Why new conviction at higher prices than less than 3 weeks ago?

Q2 earnings/numbers.

(+ guidance is that 2nd half will be better than 1st half )

Last edited:
Burry adds to TSLA puts and now adds ARKK puts as well:

Michael Burry Bets Against Cathie Wood's Ark, Adds To Tesla Puts | ZeroHedge

Specifically, as of June 30, Scion owned Puts contracts against 235,500 shares of the ARK Innovation ETF. As everyone knows by now, the flagship exchange-traded fund of Cathie Wood and her firm Ark Investment Management has emerged as the US SoftBank, investing billions into anything with a "story", and betting for virtually perpetual growth in countless growth and momentum stocks. In the process it has lured billions in the past year after her thematic tech-focused bets trounced the market in 2020, although Wood and Ark have struggled to maintain their momentum this year, amid concerns about lofty valuations and accelerating inflation.

To be sure, Burry was already indirectly betting against Ark's biggest long, Tesla, but now he has taken the fight directly to Cathie Wood. And speaking of TSLA, Burry's massive bearish bet has increase by over 34% and the Puts now cover 1,075,500 TSLA shares, representing a nominal value of $731 million as of June 30 (naturally the actual capital at risk is far lower, although without more details on which specifics TSLA puts Burry has bought it is impossible to defined his full exposure), making the TSLA short his biggest position.

Last edited: