Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017: This is Tesla's biggest year yet, we must go all-in, sacrifice, and work to achieve the numbers we promised, for the sake of the company. You're all the best.

2018: If we want the company to survive and the mission to be achieved, we need all hands on deck. This is Tesla's most challenging year yet. I truly love you all.

2019: We are succeeding far faster than anybody anticipated. To prove the naysayers wrong, we must put our heads down and get to work. This will be Tesla's hardest year to date, but I believe in you all. You are all making the world a better place.

2020: We have never been challenged like this before, but I believe in all of you. That said, you can stop coming to work, but it is at your own risk. We are facing the biggest challenge in the industry's history but we can only overcome it by working tirelessly to achieve our goal, together. You're all amazing.

2021: However, early Q3 production was so challenging that we need to go super hardcore to make up for it over the next ~22 days to ensure a decent Q3 delivery number. This is the biggest wave in Tesla history, be we got to get it done. The end of the quarter delivery wave is unusually high this time as we suffered (like the rest of the industry) from extremely severe parts shortages earlier this quarter. This meant building a lot of cars with missing parts that needed to be added later. I’d like to thank all Tesla techs and contractors that helped add back the missing parts, often in very difficult conditions. You rock!

Seeing the pattern?
So you think 2021 Q3 will also be a record production quarter that will catch Wall Street by surprise? I agree.

Uh, oh, 🤡 GoJo's "busted growth story" got busted again !? 😱 🤪
He is always so happy (and loud) after the first month of the quarter when the 'competition' outsells Tesla, then stays quiet after the 3rd month.
No, it's just that this quarter you have to look at sales of gray Model 3 Performance units on Nunavut on Wednesday afternoons.

Watching that Nurburgring in-car video, I'm seeing a LOT of seconds that could be shaved with a simple strip down, track tires, and software tweaks. Hell, the straightaways are all capped at 163mph!

Plaid should destroy the record for anything remotely production next month with something like a 7:00 flat, right? I assume Roadster 2 will the break the road legal record of 6:43 with relative ease?

Funny to see this now listed on the top lap times. The driver column is blank and the tires are listed like it's waiting for an alignment at Pep Boys. Hilarious to see a regular untuned/unmodded car driven by "some guy" crush so many best ICE efforts.

Someone pointed out that there is tribal land in Texas too.

There is, but it is mostly on the edges of the state. Not particularly convenient, though viable as sales outlets.

Alabama and Coushatta is Northeast of Houston, but still a bit of a haul from metro areas. Might be the best choice for a location as it could serve Louisiana too.

Kickapoo is on the Mexico border ~100 miles West of San Antonio.

Ysleta Del Sur is near El Paso.

Forward Observing

news

Someone stated “to make the change in climate change ~ we need to change out all the politicians.” Harvard is proof; it is not just politicians needing changing out.

What we are seeing is humans finally, finally moving forward.

GM stuck their toe into an electric car, years ago ~ but, recalled them all to the dump. They finally trumphly said after the election, that they we jumping onboard with EVs. I think their death cross is the battery technology. Do not get me wrong, someone will always buy a GM car until there are none.

Recently posted was old folks in Britain protesting and being arrested for protesting for tackling climate change. I guess they were tired of all the movies where teenagers save the day.

Tesla is a snowball headed up hill, this year TSLA stock has been resting on a plateau. The town folks are waking up and putting on their snow shoes. Damn the coats get out there. You can sweat running to catch up. When I see the CyberTruck bring the slowest ones up the hill; then I’ll know we are ready for the next leg up hill.

FUD is written by some very intelligent humans, do not underestimate your opponent.

Watching that Nurburgring in-car video, I'm seeing a LOT of seconds that could be shaved with a simple strip down, track tires, and software tweaks. Hell, the straightaways are all capped at 163mph!

Plaid should destroy the record for anything remotely production next month with something like a 7:00 flat, right? I assume Roadster 2 will the break the road legal record of 6:43 with relative ease?

Funny to see this now listed on the top lap times. The driver column is blank and the tires are listed like it's waiting for an alignment at Pep Boys. Hilarious to see a regular untuned/unmodded car driven by "some guy" crush so many best ICE efforts.

The official list at Nürburgring
lists Andreas Simonsen as the driver:

https://www.andreassimonsen.com/

2017: This is Tesla's biggest year yet, we must go all-in, sacrifice, and work to achieve the numbers we promised, for the sake of the company. You're all the best.

2018: If we want the company to survive and the mission to be achieved, we need all hands on deck. This is Tesla's most challenging year yet. I truly love you all.

2019: We are succeeding far faster than anybody anticipated. To prove the naysayers wrong, we must put our heads down and get to work. This will be Tesla's hardest year to date, but I believe in you all. You are all making the world a better place.

2020: We have never been challenged like this before, but I believe in all of you. That said, you can stop coming to work, but it is at your own risk. We are facing the biggest challenge in the industry's history but we can only overcome it by working tirelessly to achieve our goal, together. You're all amazing.

2021: However, early Q3 production was so challenging that we need to go super hardcore to make up for it over the next ~22 days to ensure a decent Q3 delivery number. This is the biggest wave in Tesla history, be we got to get it done. The end of the quarter delivery wave is unusually high this time as we suffered (like the rest of the industry) from extremely severe parts shortages earlier this quarter. This meant building a lot of cars with missing parts that needed to be added later. I’d like to thank all Tesla techs and contractors that helped add back the missing parts, often in very difficult conditions. You rock!

Seeing the pattern?
Screenshot_20210910-085608_Google.jpg
yes I see a pattern of challenges Tesla faces and the employees have met those challenges and exceeded our expectations. The stock price reflects their successes.

7:35 is for the full track. 7:30 is for the slightly shorter run that is often timed. (Elon's tweet included both times.)

This is what I found.

The American car manufacturer Tesla has set the official record for electric vehicles at the Nürburgring. The "Model S Plaid" circumnavigated the 20.8-kilometre Nordschleife in 7:35.579 minutes and reached a top speed of 279 km/h. The 1,020 hp vehicle with a tri-motor was driven by Swedish driver Andreas Simonsen. The time is now listed in the category for electric production cars, which thus celebrates its premiere.

I feel like this person keeps popping up every few weeks and still somehow hasn't been troll-banned?

An opinion, my own, about the yoke steering wheel = trolling? My goodness, you've got to learn to interact with people who perhaps have a different opinion on things than you at times. Some people like it, good for them. To me, it looked very uncomfortable steering it in that video. But I'm not going around calling people who like it "trolls."

Seeing the pattern?
Yeah, you’re a macaroon.