Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lead? Lead!?! Who the hell does Ford/Bill think they are? Bah-hahahahaha.

This is a transformative moment where Ford will lead America’s transition to electric vehicles and usher in a new era of clean, carbon-neutral manufacturing,” said Ford executive chairman Bill Ford

Again today, highest TSLA close in more than 7 months.

Intraday trading today in the same range as Jan 29, 2021:

sc.TSLA.YTD.2021-09-27.png

Now it's gettin' good... :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Confused
I read this earlier today, but can’t find any reference in this thread (maybe I missed it)..anyone have any insight? Seems like it could impact Q3 numbers....

This was discussed earlier today. A big nothing-burger.

People already believe it, make a lot of noise in a world saturated by anti tesla media and they lap it up.

That ford has made 1 actual real EV (ignoring compliance focus etc like they did in their press releases) and sold about 40k of them. To be fair they done a better job than I thought on spec but a lot of that was whack a big battery in and buy in some motors.

It honestly hard for me to wrap my head around 800k run rate at Shanghai (**if true**). And I feel like I'm usually the bearish of the bears.

It's mind blowing. So much for a muddy field...

Q3 is going to be fun and...

This bodes so amazingly well for Giga Berlin and Austin.

Q3 2022 could be 3M/yr run rate. And ASP and profit margins will be nuts.

My goodness, even without FSD and all the other profit centers, it is astonishing.

It honestly hard for me to wrap my head around 800k run rate at Shanghai (**if true**). And I feel like I'm usually the bearish of the bears.

It's mind blowing. So much for a muddy field...

Q3 is going to be fun and...

This bodes so amazingly well for Giga Berlin and Austin.

Q3 2022 could be 3M/yr run rate. And ASP and profit margins will be nuts.

My goodness, even without FSD and all the other profit centers, it is astonishing.

I've previously done a simple calc to estimate potential market cap by taking quarterly revenue and dividing it by quarterly vehicle production to figure revenue per vehicle.

For this year the revenue per vehicle averages out to approximately $57,737.

Annualized to 3 million vehicles produced, revenue would be $173B and using a price to sales ratio ranging from 18 to 30 we could see market capitalization of $3.1T - $5.1T. That's a share price of $3,149-$5,248.

Arbitrarily reducing revenue per vehicle by $20k to $37,737 to account for a high volume cheaper model Tesla leads us to the following estimates:
Annual revenue: $113B
Market cap: $2T to $3.1T
Share price: $2,058 - $3,430

The price to sales ratio of 30 and 18 were both hit this year which is why I used them. However over time growth will slow and the P/S ratio should decline eventually to the high single digits.

Using revenue per vehicle is quick and dirty math to come to a ballpark estimate. By the time we hit 3M in vehicle production the revenue per vehicle will be affected by vehicle mix including plaid s and x, semi, roadster, cybertruck, and low cost model.

Price to sales ratio could stay in the double digits for some time if the market agrees Tesla will continue to see 50% or higher production over the next decade, but at some point its probable we will see a lower price to sales ratio as seen with the likes of AAPL (7), FB (10), and MSFT (13).

I like to use my estimates as reference points. As new data comes in I can make adjustments, but it gives me a rough idea of what to look for.

Hope it's useful :)

Last edited:
Lots of Model S Plaid delivered in Canada from British Columbia (started a few days ago) to Quebec (starting tomorrow). There are special events with multiple deliveries at once.
Well they are in jeopardy of missing Toronto deliveries. My delivery event (many cars) has been pushed out twice and they are now hoping for Wednesday. Officially it is 'transportation delays'. I am running an EV event this weekend and the new S was supposed to be the star of the show. Fingers crossed.

I've previously done a simple calc to estimate potential market cap by taking quarterly revenue and dividing it by quarterly vehicle production to figure revenue per vehicle.

For this year the revenue per vehicle averages out to approximately $57,737.

Annualized to 3 million vehicles produced, revenue would be $173B and using a price to sales ratio ranging from 18 to 30 we could see market capitalization of $3.1T - $5.1T. That's a share price of $3,149-$5,248.

Arbitrarily reducing revenue per vehicle by $20k to $37,737 to account for a high volume cheaper model Tesla leads us to the following estimates:
Annual revenue: $113B
Market cap: $2T to $3.1T
Share price: $2,058 - $3,430

The price to sales ratio of 30 and 18 were both hit this year which is why I used them. However over time growth will slow and the P/S ratio should decline eventually to the high single digits.

Using revenue per vehicle is quick and dirty math to come to a ballpark estimate. By the time we hit 3M in vehicle production the revenue per vehicle will be affected by vehicle mix including plaid s and x, semi, roadster, cybertruck, and low cost model.

Price to sales ratio could stay in the double digits for some time if the market agrees Tesla will continue to see 50% or higher production over the next decade, but at some point its probable we will see a lower price to sales ratio as seen with the likes of AAPL (7), FB (10), and MSFT (13).

I like to use my estimates as reference points. As new data comes in I can make adjustments, but it gives me a rough idea of what to look for.

Hope it's useful :)
To sum it up....$TSLA to the moon.....for a long time :)

This is a FSD test conjecture post to help investors process flak about test procedures.

If I were selecting Beta testers I would want someone who
  1. did not trust technology (paranoid),
  2. had good situational awareness, and
  3. lightning fast reflexes.
I would also look for someone who could control the car, should the need ever arise. If they have never cornered or braked, I would not want them.

They tested my reflexes on the first day with a long distance forward collision warning. Since I was able to maintain 4 car length cushion I think it was literally a test. Had I failed there would have been no consequence. My FCW threshold is set to medium. I think they played with the threshold to measure my response.

Selecting "Play Someone to Watch Over Me by Blossom Dearie" got just the right amount of Rosemary Clooney and pushed my score to 96. I think they will choose based on criteria 1, 2, and 3 more than on the score.

I have learned that driving in the slow lane with 4 seconds of space makes it easier for people to merge on and off the freeway, as if I am holding the door open. Expect Tesla crash frequency to drop by a factor of 3 for this reason alone.
Expect more people to buy Tesla's for this reason alone. The demand argument is gone. Tesla's now have no relationship to porcupines.

This is worth 12% more on the stock price, or $890 pre split - just from good driver courtesy and how that helps sell cars.