Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.00.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.00.23 AM.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 92
So make sure to take L2 data with a grain a salt. Some of these are fake orders used to manipulate price action. The 12k wall at 1100 disappeared.

Disappeared, or was triggered and executed trades? Do you know of a way to tell if the orders were simply pulled vs executed?

12K is less than 1 minutes worth of volume right now. SP dipped by ~$17 in the 10 min following touching $1,100 then recovered to now hover near the Upper-BB:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-10-29.10-17.png

EDIT: Still Bang-on the Upper-BB at 11:25 ET :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
So far the main approach in my attempts to convince my friends that competition is not coming is to present the facts to fight the “news” that they’ve heard.

A new analogy that I have not heard before that Gary Black tweeted all of a sudden opened my eyes to a different and perhaps more convincing approach that might work better to fight the FUD that my friends believe in.

This is so simple to understand. I can only imagine a SP increase greater than the one we had this week could happen if the mass media pushed this analogy.

Edit: I am only referring to how to convince my friends and perhaps the general investors; there is no use trying to convince the diehard TSLA shorts.

Amazon dominance vs. brick/mortar retailers is a good example but it needs to be one example of many why "the competition is coming" fantasy is just a fantasy. Equally powerful would be to collect mainstream "news" stories from 2017/2018 about "Tesla killers" and "the competition is coming" that contain specific examples of cars that will crush Tesla and when they will arrive. It will shortly be 2022, long past the time when the competition was supposed to have left Tesla irrelevant, and yet Tesla margins and volumes are increasing more strongly than ever.

It couldn't hurt to include a few stories about there will be no mass market demand for electric vehicles. Oh, and stories about how selling EV's cannot be profitable without government subsidies. Tesla was the first manufacturer to lose the EV tax credit in the US and yet they are doing better than all the companies that still have that $7,500/vehicle advantage. Tesla is winning not because of government tax incentives, but in spite of them.

One of the few stocks I own other than Tesla is Arcimoto, they make an electric trike motorcycle basically and I love riding motorcycles. If the rebate passes as it is now then it would provide a hefty rebate off every Arcimoto FUV sold, and then I would probably need to buy one to sit next to my Model Y. :cool:
I saw many Renault "Twinzy's in Paris and Rome this September, not a "Tesla Killers" but they certainly worked in the crowded, narrow streets in Rome. Parking was also easy.I never heard of a Twinzy but looked it up when we got home.

Disappeared, or was triggered and executed trades? Do you know of a way to tell if the orders were simply pulled vs executed?

12K is less than 1 minutes worth of volume right now. SP dipped by ~$17 in the 10 min following touching $1,100 then recovered now hover near the Upper-BB:

View attachment 727112
Disappeared. The price never hit 1100 when I was looking at the 12k order. It actually was a 13k order at some point so some of the sell orders may have gotten fulfilled around 10:08 and that is only just through ARCA book.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
There has been serious competition for the iPhone for years yet the iPhone is still dominating. If you make a really good product, competition can help demonstrate how good your product really is. The Tesla bears are making a fundamental assumption that Tesla cars are mediocre products only selling well because there is no competition. This could not be further from the truth - Tesla makes great cars, and the competition is highlighting this fact with every futile attempt they make at competing with it.

An important question is which plug adapters will be included with the Hertz rental, and how they will avoid the adapters going missing over time. I’m not sure 14-50 is a given.

The same way they currently make sure customers are not stealing fuel or getting in fender benders They check the condition of the car when it's returned.

I'm having trouble seeing this as an "important question".

One of the few stocks I own other than Tesla is Arcimoto, they make an electric trike motorcycle basically and I love riding motorcycles. If the rebate passes as it is now then it would provide a hefty rebate off every Arcimoto FUV sold, and then I would probably need to buy one to sit next to my Model Y. :cool:
I've got some Arcimoto stock too and wish they could move at the speed of Tesla (the company). I'm number #27 in their reservation queue from 10 years ago but still haven't gotten my vehicle. Will the Arcimoto's still qualify for the rebate even though it only has three wheels?

Starting a school to train engineers for the specific needs of a company like Tesla? Not unprecedented.

GM did this same thing in 1919 because there weren’t enough available with the skills GM needed to grow the company. General Motors Institute is now Kettering University.

I support TITS.
so you're a bra.

There has been serious competition for the iPhone for years yet the iPhone is still dominating. If you make a really good product, competition can help demonstrate how good your product really is. The Tesla bears are making a fundamental assumption that Tesla cars are mediocre products only selling well because there is no competition. This could not be further from the truth - Tesla makes great cars, and the competition is highlighting this fact with every futile attempt they make at competing with it.

Exactly. Anyone who studies and learns from history can see this, but I think the Tesla bears either:

1. Don't understand this, or
2. Are just pushing their agenda with anything they can even if they know its false.

Tesla will be the EV market leader for a very long time, it's inevitable by this point.

I wish I had said this....really sums up the whole "competition is coming argument"