Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a terrifying few minutes when I accidentally sold (when I meant to buy) a DITM covered call and then realized my mistake. Managed to buy it back and made $200 in the process, but took a couple of minutes to figure out Schwab's platform on how to close it. That was right before it bounced off $1032 so just in time.

Moral of the story: learn ins and outs of trading platform before dabbling options!
Nicely played!

I did something similar last week and lost $40 ;), so you win this round of Fat Finger.

Had a terrifying few minutes when I accidentally sold (when I meant to buy) a DITM covered call and then realized my mistake. Managed to buy it back and made $200 in the process, but took a couple of minutes to figure out Schwab's platform on how to close it. That was right before it bounced off $1032 so just in time.

Moral of the story: learn ins and outs of trading platform before dabbling options!
That's a taxing accident 🤪

More free publicity from Hertz and its IPO today:

Hertz CEO on Tesla deal: We want to lead the adoption of electric vehicles

"So we are starting a great relationship with Tesla. We are also ready to partner with many other manufacturers to extend our lead in the adoptions of electric vehicles. But clearly we are going to work I think very collaboratively with Tesla. Importantly, our consumers really want to drive Teslas and we want to be there to be able to provide those products for them. We are very excited about the relationship going forward," Fields added.

A Hertz Tesla electric vehicle is displayed during the Hertz Corporation IPO at the Nasdaq Market site in Times Square in New York City, U.S., November 9, 2021. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

A Hertz Tesla electric vehicle is displayed during the Hertz Corporation IPO at the Nasdaq Market site in Times Square in New York City, U.S., November 9, 2021. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

"So we are starting a great relationship with Tesla. We are also ready to partner with many other manufacturers to extend our lead in the adoptions of electric vehicles. But clearly we are going to work I think very collaboratively with Tesla. Importantly, our consumers really want to drive Teslas and we want to be there to be able to provide those products for them. We are very excited about the relationship going forward," Fields added.

exactly

the, “let’s all gaslight elon for years until he kicks all our butts and now it’s advantageous for us to ride his coattails….wheeee!” establishment

I consider this the second most significant risk factors in the stock. This particular instance is IMO temporary. However, the risk is always there.
Primary risk factor - EM disassociating from the company entirely to devote full time to Space X.
his tesla compensation is tied up for another 10 years or so

i doubt he’s going build an empire and then destroy it by tweeting

do i agree with everything he does, no. but i wouldn’t worry too much about that stuff. itll be fine

I suspect the once Elon is done selling some Tesla shares, a definitive contract with Hertz will be signed and announced.

Perhaps a similar deal with Avis to be announced not long afterward.

Last edited:
@Chunky Jr.
what are you using for number of days to average? 20
Average daily high minus daily low by month for this year:

Jan : 34.09
Feb : 38.23
Mar : 58.74
Apr : 28.55
May : 26.44
Jun : 20.24
Jul : 23.88
Aug : 18.88
Sep : 18.94
Oct : 28.98
Nov (so far) : 68.71

After several months of relative calm, our old friend wild volatility has returned. Not sure how long he's planning to stick around, but I'm guessing at least another week or so.
here is graph of 20 day simple moving average of Average true range, current through 3pm
last 3 days TR was 30 on friday, 90 yesterday and ~150+ today
1636488618014.png

The silver lining I am looking for from this carnage is for some marquee investors to raise their ownership or come on board purchasing shares today.

Hopefully one or more from the Norwegian sovereign fund, Chinese sovereign fund which I believe does a small amount of equity investing, Berkshire Hathaway, which can cause a whole slew of investors to take a look at Tesla again.

Last edited:
What % of people selling have no idea about the China numbers that came out yesterday?
No one. I would say no one has a clue about the China numbers. Where is China?

Elon knew. He made sure no one found out.

No action by him and the stock would be ....1300 now? 1350?

All in good time. In Elon we trust.

The silver lining I am looking for from this carnage is for some marquee investors to raise their ownership or come on board purchasing shares today.

Hopefully one or more from the Norwegian sovereign fund, Chinese sovereign fund which I believe does a small amount of equity investing, Berkshire Hathaway, which can cause a whole slew of investors to take a look at Tesla again.
Pretty certain warren buffet is not going to buy tesla