Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we just create a Elon twitter thread so all of those that don't agree with Elon's view, both non political and political, can go and complain because his views don't line up with theirs?
It's tricky, because on one hand I don't want to hear anyone's personal politics (not here), but on the other hand Elon jumping head first into the toxic sludge of 2020 era US politics has major impacts on TSLA. Not just from the consumer side of things either. Politicians are petty and spiteful after all.

I have an opinion and a suggestion on most things, but I have no idea how you moderate that.

I've been on here since 2012 and I would say this is a black swan event that no one could have predicted - just as the company nails their financials and are secure with future development, it's overshadowed by one of the dumbest things possible.

Why not let Tesla shine and the markets absorb what has just happened, than created more media hysteria?

What.a.joke. A ClusterF.
Because it’s not about Tesla anymore than it’s about you. It’s not Elon’s fault everyone else is dumber than a stump and can’t separate Tesla the business from its CEO doing something that he feels is important to fix - free speech platform.

I don’t have an issue with him having multiple causes on his plate because in the end it’s all connected anyway. I do wish people were smarter, though. And less emotional. And less opinionated. And well, just not most everything.

I've been on here since 2012 and I would say this is a black swan event that no one could have predicted - just as the company nails their financials and are secure with future development, it's overshadowed by one of the dumbest things possible.

Why not let Tesla shine and the markets absorb what has just happened, than create more media hysteria?

What.a.joke. A ClusterF.
Yes!! Everyone is 100% speculating. No one knows yet for sure if Elon is selling or even will for this. If it’s a supposed assumption he will sell causing our decline, then who cares, we will go right back up when everyone realizes it’s over.

It's tricky, because on one hand I don't want to hear anyone's personal politics (not here), but on the other hand Elon jumping head first into the toxic sludge of 2020 era US politics has major impacts on TSLA. Not just from the consumer side of things either. Politicians are petty and spiteful after all.

I have an opinion and a suggestion on most things, but I have no idea how you moderate that.
I also have to say what do we talk about in this thread then? Some of us believe that stuff Elon does and doesnt do has an effect on the performance of the stock and ultimately the company. Things that are widely seen as great are greeted by everyone, things that many believe can do harm are asked to be moved to another thread. Lets face it with Tesla mission statement it has been a political company for a very long time and that wont go away. Should we only talk about the current price or financial statements?

Like in a marriage, you have to take the good with the bad with Elon, and the good is really good.

I have lots of reservations about Elon's Twitter takeover, however, it is a worthwhile endeavor and I've come around to supporting Elon on this. It's probably not additive to Tesla and could be a negative, but it is still worthwhile.

One positive thought is that Tesla must be in a really good space for Elon to take on another project.

I’m against everyone who says or will say they hope for the SP to decline so that they might benefit while someone else perhaps doesn’t.

I certainly don't hope TSLA will decline in the near term, but my gut feeling is we might hold steady between $900-$1200 for a year or two, despite posting record earnings quarter after quarter. I know most people think that sounds silly, but I'm just not sure this market will tolerate a 1 trillion dollar company with a PE Ratio above 50.

My hunch is we'll keep seeing Wall Street walk down the PE every consecutive quarter until sometime late in 2024, when the dam will break as Tesla's PE goes below 50 and we finally break out of the MM's control.

Yeah we have catalysts coming up over the next couple of years, but so far positive catalysts haven't been enough to break us out of the MM's control. My fear is (mostly) everyone who wants to own TSLA does by now, and we won't see enough additional volume to break through until the PE becomes much more attractive to new funds and investors. Meaning a lower PE and a better credit rating, even given the blockbuster financials.

My strategy is simply to hold for the very long term and buy new shares whenever I can. TSLA will break out to new ATH's in time, I just don't think we're going to see them anytime "soon".

I certainly don't hope TSLA will decline in the near term, but my gut feeling is it we might hold steady between $900-$1200 for a year or two, even despite posting record earnings quarter after quarter. I know most people think that sounds silly, but I'm just not sure this market will tolerate a 1 trillion dollar company with a PE Ratio above 50.

My hunch is we'll keep seeing Wall Street walk down the PE every consecutive quarter until sometime late in 2024, when the dam will break as Tesla's PE goes below 50 and we finally break out of the MM's control.

Yeah we have catalysts coming up over the next couple of years, but so far positive catalysts haven't been enough to break us out of the MM's control. My fear is (mostly) everyone who wants to own TSLA does by now, and we won't see enough additional volume to break through until the PE becomes much more attractive to new funds and investors. Meaning a lower PE and a better credit rating, even given the blockbuster financials.

My strategy is simply to hold for the very long term and buy new shares whenever I can. TSLA will break out to new ATH's in time, I just don't think we're going to see them anytime "soon".
You realize those numbers make no sense right?

2024? P/E will be way.....way below 50 by 2024 if the stock price is only 1200

Microsoft right now has a P/E of 31 as a 2 trillion dollar company.

I think I've changed my mind, and think Elon may have sold yesterday, and is selling again today. We had a bigger red day than everyone yesterday, and have half the gains of Nio, Rivian, etc, today. Based on earrings last week, this just doesn't make sense.
Doesn't he have to declare when he sells? I assume we would see some documentation that he sold like last time he sold a bunch.

I certainly don't hope TSLA will decline in the near term, but my gut feeling is it we might hold steady between $900-$1200 for a year or two, even despite posting record earnings quarter after quarter. I know most people think that sounds silly, but I'm just not sure this market will tolerate a 1 trillion dollar company with a PE Ratio above 50.

If Tesla stays in the $900-1200 range it’s PE will probably go under 50 next year.

I expect about $14b in earnings this year and a little over $20 next year.

Come on folks, the stock is only down ~10% from last week.

Remember when the stock was oscillating between [pre-split] $700 and $900 in a few days in Jan/Feb 2020? Then it tanked under $400 and you hated me for posting fake delivery reports?

Think about how much better and richer you feel now vs then!

Your thinly veiled plea for forgiveness is under consideration. :cool:

In case this has not been shared yet:
“…people close to the billionaire said he…was ready to sell shares in his electric vehicle company if needed”
His electric vehicle company isn't they way Elon or any close friend would refer to Tesla. So this is either manufactured or far from a direct quote by way of word of mouth through multiple retellings.

Either way it doesn't give me confidence that Elon said anything of the sort.

You realize those numbers make no sense right?

2024? P/E will be way.....way below 50 by 2024 if the stock price is only 1200

Microsoft right now has a P/E of 31 as a 2 trillion dollar company.

Google is flirting with 19, lol.

Somehow WalMart magically is 32 and worth almost a half trillion dollars even though profit is lower than a decade ago… 🤡