Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No '/s'? Then does this mean that @facts_tesla (whom I believe admitted to someone here on TMC that he was FactChecking) is Elon as well?!?!

FC can't be Elon because I'm actually Elon. This is my incognito account.

Oh and FSD Level 5 is already solved, we are churning out over 1 million 4680's per day now, and we already have Optimus robots working on our production lines. You heard it here first! 😉

Markets looking decent two minutes before the open....

Oh and FSD Level 5 is already solved, we are churning out over 1 million 4680's per day now, and we already have Optimus robots working on our production lines. You heard it here first! 😉

I guess our sh*tposting is working. Thus, I guess I'll continue it....

My understanding was that we are all bot accounts.

I suppose it is true that Elon's digital incarnation would be a bot account. :p

But yet you neglect to acknowledge that after public backlash, the net metering status was reversed in Nevada back to the prior condition.
No it was not. Nevada voters needed a ballot initiative to pass two elections in a row to bring energy choice and net metering stability to the state.

Zero action was taken by the state legislature or governor Brian Sandoval(literally Warren Buffett's lawyer).

Futurist Ray Kurzweil has observed that humans have a hard time imagining the result of exponential change. We tend to think of change as linear, and get very surprised when an S-curve turns from relatively flat to heading for the stars.

If Tesla's FSD is improving exponentially, which seems likely, then the past rate of improvement is not a good guide to the future rate. The fleet providing driving data is growing exponentially. Auto-labeling of that data is/will be exponentially faster. The size and power of AI neural nets is growing exponentially. If Dojo is online as rumored, or close to it, look out.

We might be close to the point where FSD improvement starts to (in Kurzweil's words) "explode with unrelenting fury."

The Inventor of Chess and the Emperor of China

I wonder if this might have factored into why Andrej Karpathy decided to leave. If he felt that they were well on this exponential trajectory, then the timing would make sense. Maybe a bit of an optimistic spin, but seems a reasonable possibility.

This is probably why we just dropped. Cats and dogs living together...
1658239934526.png

You look so much taller on video.

• Funny
Reactions: ThisStockGood
No it was not. Nevada voters needed a ballot initiative to pass two elections in a row to bring energy choice and net metering stability to the state.

Zero action was taken by the state legislature or governor Brian Sandoval(literally Warren Buffett's lawyer).

Incorrect, I have a business partner in NV, and the utilities commission, under great public pressure, restored a reasonably fair version of net metering back in 2017.

From Wikipedia (Net metering in Nevada - Wikipedia):
"The previous version of net metering in Nevada was shut down by the state legislature and carried out by the Public Utilities Commission in December 2015. Under the new system, new rooftop solar customers will receive a reimbursement equal to a percentage of the retail price of electricity whenever they send their own energy back to the electric grid. That percentage rates are known as "tiers" and will start at 95% of the retail price for the first 80 MW of installed capacity."

It's not a 1:1, but it's very close and very fair for residential customers, and the lowest reimbursement rates will ever drop is 1:0.75. That's fair and reasonable for a "connectivity charge" and allows for people to overprovision their solar systems in order to have effectively a net-zero bill.

The above law was signed by the governor in June 2017.

wonderful but weird - looking at the supercharger map on Teslas page doesn't show any superchargers west of Chengdu let alone close to Mount Everest .... I know Tesla is sometimes building SuCs that are not on the map yet, but it looks like wasteland here
View attachment 830089

View attachment 830093

actually ABRP has them all, even though they are not on the tesla page - still weird:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-19 um 16.57.09.png

Ok. Trying to to read the tea leaves too much here, but seems like “Cyber” is on the top of Elon’s mind at the moment and while S3XY is not forgotten, it’s on the back burner for the moment. Wondering if this is just Cybertruck hype or if they are setting the stage for more.

(Not my invite just for discussion)

View attachment 830179
It's a good sign I think, 4680s are getting mature enough now to support CT.

There's a -+9% movement implied for earnings. My guess is that earnings being good, Tsla spikes and then drops by Friday as call buyers take profit. Tsla earnings are bad and stock dumps and then go back up by Friday as put buyers take profits. My hunch is that this week's price action most likely doesn't matter leaving those who tries to explain the sp one way or the other scratching their heads. This is what happens when options control the stock price more than Tesla's fundamentals on these major event weeks.

another lawsuit, this time in Berlin by German "consumer group" vzbv

alleges Tesla:

- untruthful about CO2 impact as it sells carbon credits to other manufacturers allowing them to pollute
- does not tell buyers they must comply with European data regulations when using Sentry mode

CO2 claim is odd, as in reality all it does is pay Tesla rather than face government fines, credits do not increase/decrease CO2 just adjust the direction and amount of fines.

data regs should be easily dealt with in the small print I would guess.

🤷‍♂️