Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got one available for immediate delivery here. Come get it. Cream and black interiors ,too.
I just check Florida zip codes. Those are for Plaid not for the LR. No Model S LRs for immediate delivery.
1660512218035.png

Would love to see a screenshot as this is very curious. For taking the screenshot, via Apple (sorry if you already know this):

"On an iPad with a Home button: Simultaneously press and then release the top button and the Home button. On other iPad models: Simultaneously press and then release the top button (on the top-right edge of iPad) and either volume button."

For posting it, press the little image icon when editing a post here (next to the linked chain icon) and it should let you browse to the screenshot you took.

• Funny
Reactions: Paul_SF
As a CCS adapter owner, I have to report this is incorrect.
The CCS adapter is an embedded computer system all its own, with firmware that is tasked with mapping from Tesla protocol to the CCS protocol as implemented by different CCS vendors and on different CCS charge station hardware.
At times I have had to update my CCS adapter firmware to successfully charge my Model Y, then days later, have the exact same CCS charger fail to work for me. Why? No idea, but possibly due to its own firmware update?
This is not a simple product, nor is in maintenance-cost free, for the maker OR the user.
This is effectively the diagram:

(CCS Charger) <=> (CCS to Tesla adapter) <=> (Tesla vehicle)
^ ^
(CCS protocol) (Tesla protocol)

And each of the 3 items above is/contains a computer that can and does have its firmware (software) changed over time! I will say that Tesla has the advantage in making their branded adapter reliable in that at least they control the rightmost 2 elements of this diagram, whereas the 3rd part adapter companies constantly have to handle changes to either the left or right side of the diagram.
You would think that one CCS implementation would be the same as another, given that CCS is a standard. Having worked most of my career in computer communications, and having experienced this adapter in a Tesla, I would tell you that the world is more complex than that... and, IMHO, CCS could use a certified interoperability testing program. (If it has one now, it is sorely lacking)...
No. The SETEC CCS adapter you are using has active electronics because it has to translate to Chademo. The Tesla CCS adapter (and other knockoffs) are just pass thru devices. No electronics.

I will not be surpised if Tesla eventually makes 4680 LFP/Manganese cells.

If Model 3/Y LR editions swich to Tesla/CATL LFP/M. The Powerwall converts to LFP/M and the 300 mile Semi uses LFP/M.

This chemistry offers a lot of advantages of LFP in a higher energy density variant.

If the LFP/M Model 3 had slightly lower range than a 2170 variant, that might not matter.

Performance Model 3/Y will probably stay 2170/4680 and might now have around the same range as an LR.

Last edited:
When I bought my first share of TSLA back in 2018 I was only intending to make it a small position in my portfolio of many other stocks.

However, the more I looked at Tesla's financials, and the more I modeled their future growth, the more I wanted to buy many more shares. I sold some of my oil stocks to buy more TSLA. Then I sold all of my oil stocks. Then I sold INTC, then AMZN, then GOOG, and slowly but surely I gravitated 95% of my investment portfolio into TSLA by Fall of 2019. My conviction was just so strong, I felt like I knew this secret that few others knew about. I hadn't even driven a Tesla car at this point, not yet.

Then I discovered TMC, after I was already pretty much all-in on TSLA. Then I found Solving the Money Problem on YouTube, and gradually I realized there were many, MANY others who too felt Tesla was destined to be a great investment.

And then in late 2019 the stock really started to climb UP, way sooner than I expected it to rise. When I went all in I really thought it would be a few more years until it broke out of it's plateau. I am so glad I pulled the trigger when I did, best decision I've ever made!

Ah well, a great decision made mostly by accident is STILL a great decision! :D
Almost the same situation with me.

For some reasons, I was convinced that the stock would soon explode (as I am usually very slow in acting), and jumped in December 2019. I also managed to convince my son and my brother to do the same. And, I was able to double my holdings when COVID crashed the market the following March 2020. Since then my ROTH has additionally become 100 percent TSLA.

I did not find this thread until late 2020 after I already got my 2021 model Y In October 2020.

Is CA-TX a relatively flat stretch once past the Rockies? Truckers in the mid-Atlantic, e.g., I-81 from NY to TN, routinely fly downhill to get momentum up for the uphill stretches. Two-lane stretches are notoriously slow as truckers going 50mph will get out in the passing lane if a truck ahead of them in the right lane is going 48.
Most if not all stretches of Texas are flat. One trucker blew by me at 75+ miles an hour must’ve been doing 80 pulled over several miles later.

My kids and I did extensive testing (20+ runs) with the latest FSD and have come to conclusion that FSD does NOT hit kids.

We created a child mannequin from my daughters winter outfit and my sons soccer ball.

We had 20+ runs on a dirt road and a paved road with and without lines.

Every run the vehicle either stopped or went around (very slowly). We tested at both 29 and 25 MPH at normal lane widths. We moved the mannequin from the center and to the left and right at small increments. All videos are saved and available to post if needed.

Rest assured that Dan has created a complete and total falsehood. I sincerely hope that all persons who perpetrated this falsehood are brought to justice.

Screenshot 2022-08-14 5.49.47 PM.png

Last edited:
Obviously the solution to Chuck’s turn is a ‘RIGHT TURN ONLY’ sign.

Fairness sake it make sense to allow turn left off the 6 lane road to the 2 lane road, but I personally would not attempt left turn from the 2 lane onto 6 lane, not under traffic like that.

You can imagine human drivers gave up and turn right after waiting for a while. Great job FSD.

Last edited:
My kids and I did extensive testing (20+ runs) with the latest FSD and have come to conclusion that FSD does NOT hit kids.

We created a child mannequin from my daughters winter outfit and my sons soccer ball.

We had 20+ runs on a dirt road and a paved road with and without lines.
Thanks for taking the time to do that.

I would be curious to see if you could duplicate O'Clown's results by setting up a coned lane. I.e. is there a problem with cone handling or did they do something to make it run through the dummy.

Last edited: