Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cory making some bold prediction for tomorrow. He thinks the market will gap up over resistance and cause capitulation by the bears. He also expect a pretty sizable pull back after the squeeze as institutional bears start shorting after all retail bears are squeezed out.

I am surprised Cory is making predictions now. He is leaning away from his « Follow price action and let it do the talking, set your risk levels according to price action » mantra.

The retail bears will be back on his channel to bash him.

On Twitter only: The Sichuan heatwave/power-restriction could be affecting Tesla:

No confirmation elsewhere yet that I could find.

Some reports linked CATL to TSLA "Chinese lithium battery giant CATL, which supplies batteries to Tesla (TSLA), also has a factory in the region."

However, CATL is now supplying cells to Tesla from a new factory in Shanghai. I doubt this is going to have any meaningful impact to Giga Shanghai.

Reactions: 3'sterly and mongo
I don’t know how you don’t see the giant down channel from November and that it’s very much still in place. The fact that it can’t break that channel even on the back of a stock split is very bearish, which is why I’ve been saying it’ll take Q3 earnings to do the trick. By that time though, you’ll be looking at a share prices in the low 800’s/high 700’s.
That is because there isn't a channel... we have a trend of peaks following, but there is no lower bound that shows a channel formation. You can create wedges out of it. That trend is sitting about 1040 right now and ends at ~957 this year... meaning, we could stay right at 950 and still be in line with it... that line doesn't show that share prices are heading to 800 again. In reality, they are just lines and are just a way to try to understand the psychology of the market.

That is because there isn't a channel... we have a trend of peaks following, but there is no lower bound that shows a channel formation. You can create wedges out of it. That trend is sitting about 1040 right now.
Yeah sorry, downtrend/channel, I’m talking about the same thing, which is the downward line that TSLA failed at. The wedge point looks like it meet in a few weeks, around the low 800’s. Likely Q3 earnings or P/D will be the catalyst that cause the wedge to break to the upside. I have very little faith in the stock split doing anything at this point. All the gains last time were in the lead up the record date for the split and then it sold off a couple days after the split date

Even non-Tesla fans (and some haters?) still recognize the huge value that the Tesla supercharger network has. Fans of other brands try to defend Electrify America but I've seen too many cases like this one. Their entire system is just flawed compared to how Tesla runs their chargers. TLDR, dead lightning due to crappy charging network (and some planning failures I guess)

My actual advice is to ignore the entire issue. You paid for FSD. You have FSD as it exists today. FSD Beta is simply out of reach in NYC, and you shouldn't worry about it. Eventually, some day, FSD Beta will be good enough to be given to everybody in the US who has FSD and you will get it. There's no point in worrying about it until then. It will just annoy you.

My only point in responding was to point out that the system is *not* telling you that you are a bad driver, merely that the way you drive is correlated with drivers who get in more accidents. Statistical inference is great, but it will always get some individuals wrong.
not sure where you are getting this info from ... have had FSD beta a number of months now ... it is scary especially in Brooklyn narrow streets double parked cars .. as someone suggested you have to drive to get the score, no hard breaking, no close following and no hard turns ... it is not easy but it can be done ... and yes you will piss people off ...;)

Yeah sorry, downtrend/channel, I’m talking about the same thing, which is the downward line that TSLA failed at. The wedge point looks like it meet in a few weeks, around the low 800’s. Likely Q3 earnings or P/D will be the catalyst that cause the wedge to break to the upside. I have very little faith in the stock split doing anything at this point. All the gains last time were in the lead up the record date for the split and then it sold off a couple days after the split date
I've expanded my post for more in there. You can draw lines all over the place and they do make some sense. The longer term peaks point to a cap at ~957 to end the year. There are wedges you can draw that can point to mid Sept, mid Oct, even May! You can draw them anyway you want to paint a picture. I can paint an extremely bullish picture that shows sometime right after Labor Day we are testing that line and likely breaking it to re-test ATHs. I can also paint a picture of falling out of this channel back into the mid 800s where it will rise to 1000 and then fall to 720 very quickly. TA is just an attempt to explain things and give signals where important things may happen... they are not 100% or even that close, unless you are only using hindsight.

Interesting tidbit in this... This is the first upward channel for Tesla that is longer than ~2 weeks since the May to Oct 2021 channel.

This is rich. Don't include Tesla?

Oh, right, by leaving the highest selling cars in the state out this will make this such an effective measure, won't it?

Sounds like SMUD simply wants to make it appear that they are doing something, without actually doing anything at all.

I've expanded my post for more in there. You can draw lines all over the place and they do make some sense. The longer term peaks point to a cap at ~957 to end the year. There are wedges you can draw that can point to mid Sept, mid Oct, even May! You can draw them anyway you want to paint a picture. I can paint an extremely bullish picture that shows sometime right after Labor Day we are testing that line and likely breaking it to re-test ATHs. I can also paint a picture of falling out of this channel back into the mid 800s where it will rise to 1000 and then fall to 720 very quickly. TA is just an attempt to explain things and give signals where important things may happen... they are not 100% or even that close, unless you are only using hindsight.

Interesting tidbit in this... This is the first upward channel for Tesla that is longer than ~2 weeks since the May to Oct 2021 channel.
Just to be clear, I think TA takes a backseat to a companies actual earnings/execution. I expect Q3 to cause a breakout, regardless of what TA says

That's not what it says. If you pay Tesla .99 a month for the subscription, you get a LOWER rate than if you don't have a subscription. It never says you will get the same rate as a Tesla owner.
Speaking of rates, my charge stats for the last 30 days shows my average cost of Supercharger juice at $.46/kWh. One of the reasons I bought a Tesla was thinking that my road trips would be more economical from a fuel cost perspective relative to a comparable ICEV. And for a few years it was, but even with gas at $4/gallon, a 30mpg ICEV costs $.13/mile which is about what my Model 3 costs. Granted, I can sometimes get some free electricity here and there but rarely truly free, e.g. pay extra for electricity on a camping site or a premium hotel that has destination charging.
What I would hope Tesla does is use a higher cost per kWh for non-Tesla's to bring down our cost closer to what the EA rates are which are in the $.3X range. This of course would price Superchargers out of whack with the rates non-Tesla's now pay. The trade-off for them would be better reliability and generally higher charging rates since most public fast charging is around 100kW on average. Not sure that they will willingly pay double though. This could be Tesla's way of still receiving federal funds while not really creating more bottlenecks at their Supercharger Stations.

"

Yield Curve Inversion Deepens And Lengthens, Upping Recession Chances"​

Just to be clear, I think TA takes a backseat to a companies actual earnings/execution. I expect Q3 to cause a breakout, regardless of what TA says

I'm not so certain. For the past year, every time a catalyst happens where I expect the stock to break out a bit, it never does. I half expect the entire market to tank right before Q3 ER, thereby nullifying any gains we would expect from record ATH earnings. Instead the PE might simply be compressed even further as the macros plummet in October, once again due to reasons completely out of Tesla's control.

OR we might rocket up to $1500/share too. Who knows. Surely though anything is possible, and I plan to just HOLD no matter what occurs so... :cool:

I really don't think TA controls much in general. It is just a way to see how markets tend to behave and with how algos are programmed, the way they tend to trade. Fundamentals of a company and economy are what really matters in the end. There could be any number of breakouts and they can happen at really any time. I mean who would have picked June 16th as the day the shareprice turned around?

Even non-Tesla fans (and some haters?) still recognize the huge value that the Tesla supercharger network has. Fans of other brands try to defend Electrify America but I've seen too many cases like this one. Their entire system is just flawed compared to how Tesla runs their chargers. TLDR, dead lightning due to crappy charging network (and some planning failures I guess)

When the Out of Spec crew is giving EA and others hell, you know it is bad. I really enjoy the content that group puts out, but they have given a metric s ton of leeway to EA and just yesterday were stating how much better the charging is on a Tesla. In my area and where I go, I simply can't use a CCS vehicle to go where I want... so I don't really have an option. But even if I did, I really doubt I would want to swap over... just a nightmare outside Tesla.

I'm not so certain. For the past year, every time a catalyst happens where I expect the stock to break out a bit, it never does. I half expect the entire market to tank right before Q3 ER, thereby nullifying any gains we would expect from record ATH earnings. Instead the PE might simply be compressed even further as the macros plummet in October, once again due to reasons completely out of Tesla's control.

OR we might rocket up to $1500/share too. Who knows. Surely though anything is possible, and I plan to just HOLD no matter what occurs so... :cool:
I think you have to acknowledge a few things though

- worst start to the year for the stock market in history
- stagflation fears (that we all know are not going to happen now)
- Q1’s earnings were hit by Covid Shanghai
- Q2’s earnings were drastically hit by Covid Shanghai
- Elon selling two different times this year for a total of what, 15 billion?

As we go forward, those elements are gone. You can’t do your investing based on “another Covid Shanghai could happen” because the odds are not on your side.

What do we have in store for TSLA going forward?

A Q3 earnings beat that will likely be the biggest blowout out earnings expectations ever, followed by 2 factories going through their S curve and Shanghai at a 1.2 million run rate.

Just a reminder, TSLA jumped 500 points last year out of nowhere…….on earnings, production, and revenue that will be dwarfed by this years Q3/Q4. I’m not saying we’re at 1500 share by end of the year. But I can see that 500 point jump easily happen sometime in the next 4-5 months