Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When looking at historical monthly returns, September is not a very good month for the market as a whole.
But for Tesla, on average, September has been its best month.
Of course, past performance does not guarantee future results blah blah blah.

1662130969116.png

They are making a big veggie garden, big market for fresh veggies in Shanghai! Bullish, 300% profit on veggies, the Q3 2023 will be insane cause of the veggie profit!!!

Jk 🤣
Laugh not! If there are more Shanghai shutdowns, this garden may support weeks of closed-loop operational rations for much needed and admired Shanghai workers.
/s ?

I was in getting my tires pumped at my local service centre and was chatting with the Tesla manager who runs it and who I've known since 2018. He said they haven't seen any Model Ys with 4680s locally, but he says his team is monitoring a couple of Model 3s with 4680s! Is this possible?? I haven't heard that the Model 3 had 4680. He put a finger to his lips shhh. Can't be structural pack, right? Just 4680s?
🤯

I was in getting my tires pumped at my local service centre and was chatting with the Tesla manager who runs it and who I've known since 2018. He said they haven't seen any Model Ys with 4680s locally, but he says his team is monitoring a couple of Model 3s with 4680s! Is this possible?? I haven't heard that the Model 3 had 4680. He put a finger to his lips shhh. Can't be structural pack, right? Just 4680s?
🤯

What else would battery line in Fremont mean ;)

🤯
Doubtful as 3's haven't even got castings yet. They're rumored to get castings later this year or such afaik.

Dozens of unprofitable models are obviously superior to four wildly profitable ones.

Also that line "The considerations are not so much of a quantitative nature, but more qualitative" is a very polite way of saying "We're recognize Tesla's financials are impeccable, but we won't upgrade them because we don't feel like it."

🤯
Good to know you can’t keep a secret. 🤫 🤐

They are making a big veggie garden, big market for fresh veggies in Shanghai! Bullish, 300% profit on veggies, the Q3 2023 will be insane cause of the veggie profit!!!

Jk🤣
You might be on to something. On the next Covid lockdown Tesla can be self sustaining not only in car parts but also in supplying their work force with food produced right on the premises.

View attachment 848212

Can anyone work out what's going on with all of the dirt being spread in the rear of the car loading logistics lot? They're trucking in various clean fill, some in bags and spreading it out over the concrete that was previously loading parking. It doesn't seem to make much sense from a structural/building perspective and I can't see anywhere on site they're digging dirt to move here. It could signal the start of new building activity here or nearby but I can't work out what yet.
maybe some green space for the workers at break time or as other suggested a garden ... a central park at giga Shanghai
1662134554978.png

Also that line "The considerations are not so much of a quantitative nature, but more qualitative" is a very polite way of saying "We're recognize Tesla's financials are impeccable, but we won't upgrade them because we don't feel like it."

Pretty much. Once the CT and Semi are out they'll likely kick the can further down the road and find something else to use as an excuse.

I think Moody's will only upgrade TSLA if Wall Street pressures them to, meaning the hedge funds who can't invest into junk rated stocks decide they finally want to start buying TSLA and begin pushing Moody's to "allow" them to accumulate.

Pretty much. Once the CT and Semi are out they'll likely kick the can further down the road and find something else to use as an excuse.

I think Moody's will only upgrade TSLA if Wall Street pressures them to, meaning the hedge funds who can't invest into junk rated stocks decide they finally want to start buying TSLA and begin pushing Moody's to "allow" them to accumulate.
Moody's and S&P are coin operated. I agree if there is pressure from Wall Street, they will do it. Otherwise, they are going to try their hardest to wait until Tesla pays them.

I still like the idea of taking on a small amount of debt and using the proceeds to buy back stock.