Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just pointing that out on the other thread. We are clocking in at 2X average volume while the QQQs are at flat, and the volume has been increasing every day. Good chance we are looking at a short term bottom.

You would hope so after losing 16% over three trading days because.... why? No idea. Oh yeah, supposed to be EM.

Not an advice.
An interesting, somewhat plausible theory on how the FTX / Binance shake-up may have impacted TSLA:

$&$@. I bought at $333, out 100k in. This blows.

I noticed that you joined TMC about 8 mths ago. I joined in Aug 2018 (minutes after "the tweet"). 8 months later, May 2019, the SP had gone down ~50% vs my buy-in price. But I didn't sell.

Today, 4.6 years later, I'm up 1,000%. It's your choice, but as for me and my family, we shall:

HODL.

An interesting, somewhat plausible theory on how the FTX / Binance shake-up may have impacted TSLA:

To add to this, last night I noticed that on Tesla tokenized stock FTX price today, TSLA to USD live, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap the Tesla coin was trading down at 192 when it was still going for 198 on the DAX in Europe.

Nothing definitive, but seems very plausible that the crypto crash had an outsize effect on TSLA today.

Replica of another chart on Mathia's Twitter page:
Screenshot_20221108-133917.png

As his chart reminded me, as low as it is now, we got a long way to go before we truly hit bottom

FTX started declining Monday night. Of course, you could argue they liquidated TSLA in advance in anticipation. TSLA has been hit hard since Friday. I do not think thats related. Again, today's volume was nearly double the average.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
(Not a political post)

Don’t want to get to meta, but I find it interesting that this board now has split distinct camps.

Camp 1: Recent Elon non-tesla related activities/words are harming the share price and potentially the company brand. Many in this camp have either lost respect for him or have friends/relatives/colleagues that have expressed negative opinions of his and the Tesla brand by association.

Camp 2: Elon’s non-tesla activities are not harming the share price/company brand, anecdotes of people expressing negative views on Elon/Tesla do not equal widespread views.

Unfortunately we simply can not know for sure what would have happened in an alternate universe where Elon was acting differently. However I think I am safe in saying that 99.9% of people posting here just want Tesla to succeed and are expressing their views as to what they they think would be better for the company.

We are all on the same side here - we want the best for Tesla.

On that note, I find suggestions to people that they should “sell their stock” because they have a different opinion as to what is best for the company are just gross, and unbecoming of any TSLA shareholder.

View attachment 872619
Particularly when you would expect significant declines given the rampant inflation, rapid interest rate hikes and fast quantitative tightening. The vast majority of the move over the last year is explained by macros - the rest is just arguing around the edges.

I found this article to be very informative about why Tesla paid off its debt.

Main reason: 1/3rd of Fords debt maturing next year and is going to need to be 'restructured' (as they can't pay it off, they don't have enough cash) at a much higher rate than last restructuring/origination *AND* is also going to most likely need more cash (aka going to need to borrow more money) as the used car market continues its decline and its ICE business continues to ramp down.

I'm at the same place as the author (with my phrasing): Can Ford remain solvent as their debt matures over the next 1 to 2 years?

We know that rates are going to be high for sometime, so it would seem that Ford's best hope is that the used car market doesn't crater (which would put a huge dent in their main profit center; Ford Finance) and they can continue to sell enough cars to convince the markets to lend them money.

Would be very interested to hear @The Accountant or others take on the numbers in the article.
It doesn’t matter. It’s ford. The government will bail them out. Same as GM. They are Teflon. They have no worries.

Well if you guys want to feel better, you can always watch Lucid tank AH due to still losing a boat ton of money.

And if you own Lucid, I'm sorry nothing will make you feel better today.
Thanks Singuy. That did help.
Don’t worry I bought 1500 shares at 416.66$
And OrthoSurg, thanks for offering me a bit of perspective.

Nothing a fine scotch or four can’t fix.
This isn’t helpful as I quit drinking in November of last year...Yeah, I know, my timing is suspicious; but it’s unrelated to the TSLA SP.

Main reason: 1/3rd of Fords debt maturing next year and is going to need to be 'restructured' (as they can't pay it off, they don't have enough cash) at a much higher rate than last restructuring/origination *AND* is also going to most likely need more cash (aka going to need to borrow more money) as the used car market continues its decline and its ICE business continues to ramp down.

I'm at the same place as the author (with my phrasing): Can Ford remain solvent as their debt matures over the next 1 to 2 years?

We know that rates are going to be high for sometime, so it would seem that Ford's best hope is that the used car market doesn't crater (which would put a huge dent in their main profit center; Ford Finance) and they can continue to sell enough cars to convince the markets to lend them money.
Maybe noteworthy that 'Future Ford' dealership appears to sell a lot of used teslas these days for healthy profit, judging by me paying $10k over new for a lightly used 2022 P3D two months ago, and what else they had on the lot, Model S, several 3, an X and two Y (edit: fixed order, context)

Last edited:
Maybe noteworthy that 'Future Ford' dealership appears to sell a lot of used teslas these days for healthy profit, judging by me paying $10k over new for a lightly used 2022 P3D two months ago, and what else they had on the lot, Model S, several 3, an X and two Y (edit: fixed order, context)

I'm not trying to defend Ford here. DD's point about Ford Finance being in trouble was spot on and something I've mentioned myself many times. That Ford has massive debt which needs restructuring is also likely true.

My comment was 100% about Seeking Alpha as a platform. Average quality of articles on that site is terrible. As a rule of thumb, when a platform posts piles and piles of obvious crap, I refuse to link them and take everything on that platform with a huge grain of salt.

FL allowed businesses to open and disney world was open a year before Disneyland. I don't see this abyss you are referring to...unless you mean skyrocketing home prices due to people fleeing into our state.
The pandemic is mostly in the rear view in most parts of the world now. How quickly we forget, and that is great.
Without the vaccines, I suspect we could be still discussing how many thousands of peoples dying today.

But, here is an example of what it could be like and it’s still a unfathomabe reality in some part of the world: