Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this ain’t capitulation in TSLA stock then I will never understand what capitulation is.

Bought 120 shares at $186.50

Way too early it seems

Should have waited at $140

This is crazy

Just big deep red down days every day

Looking at the daily, as opposed to weekly, chart...this is a selloff with few peers going back through 2018. TSLA has bounced back hard from these types of lows in the past, but it's a tough environment these days. For it to quickly crater more from here would be unprecedented, I believe.

1668031451970.png

Sounds like they want an investigation into Elons dealings with other countries. Such BS. As if tsla didn't need anything else to keep it held down.
Some ridiculous reporter insinuated Elon may be a national security threat as he cooperated with Saudi Arabia (unknown to me) to purchase Twitter and asked specifically if we should be looking into it.

Insane question with clear agenda.

Some ridiculous reporter insinuated Elon may be a national security threat as he cooperated with Saudi Arabia (unknown to me) to purchase Twitter and asked specifically if we should be looking into it.

Insane question with clear agenda.
I don't trust anyone who deals with the Saudis.
1668031970662.png

On another note .... Any word on the damn Cybertruck???

Are we getting closer? What's the delay for??
What delay? They're going to start production mid 2023. Would like to see an order and specifications page go up, but that will happen soon. I know it's hard to be patient, but be patient!

The only benefit to elon saying he is done is it accelerates any recovery in the stock.
On the flipside, it means a potential tesla stock buyback becomes less profitable for the company.

Elon has made it very clear many times he cares about investors, not traders. I think he will not care what happens to the stock in the short or medium term. Its worth remembering that anyone who wants to 'trade' tesla over a time horizon less than a year is basically the exact sort of investor elon is determined not to care about.
I strongly recommend buy and hold. Over the long run you still earn great returns, and you sleep easily every night.

The fundamentals of the company are amazing, and even if there is a deep recession, its only likely to kill off Ford and GM and Toyota faster. It just leaves higher potential market share for the companies left standing afterwards...

When the recession ends, Toyota will be still trying to sell hybrids, GM and Ford will be either bankrupt or in debt again to the government, and there will be more new Tesla factories, with a bunch of Tesla bots being beta tested on the production line...
That is the silver lining, if the share price is low, the buy back money buys more shares.
How does the buyback spend compare to Elon's sales after the Twitter purchase?
The buyback may reverse some of the recent price declines.

Sounds like they want an investigation into Elons dealings with other countries. Such BS. As if tsla didn't need anything else to keep it held down.
Could these selling of Tesla stocks lately is about repaying Saudi's investment (Which he knew the criticism is coming sooner or later) or these news media trying to squeeze Elon to sell Tesla harder later as Saudi's investment forced to pulled out from the deal of twitter?

Either way whatever they doing is directly aiming at Tesla and Twitter.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Interesting Farzad YouTube with Alexandra, Gary and Ross. A little heavy on the Ross part but interesting background on how Ross views Elon.

I'm halfway through it now and yeah its a really good discussion about Elon, Tesla, and the Twitter overhang:

Ross doesn't think Elon is selling to pay off any bridge loans, he's seen the documents and he thinks Elon is just accruing cash to help fund Twitter through the rough spots ahead. And I agree with Alexandra, if that is the case then he's doing it in a very crappy fashion for us TSLA investors.

It was a response to a question that was basically since Elon is compromised should he be investigated. Biden had to answer.
"Elon Musk has secret level security clearance. I'll leave that sort of thing to my security experts who are in routine contact with him due to his stake in SpaceX."

That is the silver lining, if the share price is low, the buy back money buys more shares.
How does the buyback spend compare to Elon's sales after the Twitter purchase?
The buyback may reverse some of the recent price declines.
Exactly, I recall complaints about companies buying shares when the share price at an all time high and then when the share price had a large drop people were saying it made no sense at all and cash rich companies should but back stock when the share price has fallen from the all time highs.