Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do wonder if sentiment suggests that Tesla and the clean energy transition is perceived as causing more headaches worldwide than helping to avert climate change. Some devil's advocate questions:

1. With all of these climate change solutions being boosted into the market, are they reducing emissions and effects of climate change?
2. Is Tesla's presence in the automotive and utility sector causing too much bad disruption (worth less than the perceived value its creating)?
3. Are Tesla's products better for a consumer on a unit basis and aggregate basis than current solutions?
4. Is Elon Musk focused on the clean energy transition? or just looking for power?

Negative sentiment seems to outweigh positive by about 5:1 on this thread today.

Shouldn’t that be a buy signal?

Or, if not, it may be a "bye-bye" signal. 🤔

Finding something else to focus on for a day, week, or whatever it takes might be therapeutic. :)

Remember the immortal words the exit orifice said to the Jalapeno, "This too shall pass" (butt it may burn for a while) 🌶️

HODL

Last edited:
I was just wondering where all the Tesla buyers are? Pretty quiet out there...

We all own the stock already, and many of us retails are in for as much as we can be.

Which is allowing the MM's to control the price action completely. We need large new institutional buyers to break the cycle, because I don't believe retail has the power to do it anymore.

Negative sentiment seems to outweigh positive by about 5:1 on this thread today.

Shouldn’t that be a buy signal?

Sentiment is indeed super bad, the kind of bad that usually seems to precede a bottom (still don't feel like we've seen capitulation though - not in the textbook sense at least). The good news is, Tesla the company seems to be doing just fine. The bad news is, the broader market looks shaky AF.

Perhaps Chicken Genius really is a genius with his $140 PT?
This is correct at times too.

I do wonder if sentiment suggests that Tesla and the clean energy transition is perceived as causing more headaches worldwide than helping to avert climate change. Some devil's advocate questions:

1. With all of these climate change solutions being boosted into the market, are they reducing emissions and effects of climate change?
2. Is Tesla's presence in the automotive and utility sector causing too much bad disruption (worth less than the perceived value its creating)?
3. Are Tesla's products better for a consumer on a unit basis and aggregate basis than current solutions?
4. Is Elon Musk focused on the clean energy transition? or just looking for power?

1) sadly, I think a large portion of the population has blinders on / is so stubborn that the Climate Change argument won't be "won" until they see large swaths of their home countries with unlivable deserts (130F and higher temps). I hope that doesn't happen, but don't underestimate human stupidity+stubbornness.
2) No - we are just seeing the entrenched companies fight Tesla every way they can (financially - shorting the stock, likely with proxies; politically - by taking shots at Elon when he does something controversial)
3) Yes, no question. Anyone that has a doubt just go drive one of their cars and pencil out how much you save over the lifetime of the vehicle. That's before considering that they are literally the safest consumer autos produced . . . in the history of mankind.
4) He's absolutely focused on the transition, but because of the answer to #1 above, he's willing to sling it out with anyone that attacks him (for better or worse on the TSLA share price).

Just my opinions, I expect some here will not agree with the above. That is their right.

Retail never had the power , “they” just made them believe they do. The game is rigged. Like Artful said, just watch how everything will turn when they are satisfied and positioned to ride the upside.

Correct, but Elon has not helped over the past ~2 years with his sales of shares. It has increased the float and not just given a "reason" for FUD, but more shares for the manipulators to work with (and yes, I know the MMs can print shares at will thanks to the Madoff Rule - but Elon hasn't helped).

Correct, but Elon has not helped over the past ~2 years with his sales of shares. It has increased the float and not just given a "reason" for FUD, but more shares for the manipulators to work with (and yes, I know the MMs can print shares at will thanks to the Madoff Rule - but Elon hasn't helped).

But, but, but, ... Madoff is dead, how can Madoff Rule?

I'd too like to see changes in how this foolishness perpetuates the pseudo-crime wave officially protected by the SEC.

Quite nervous about this decision. Not sure if FSD beta is ready for primetime for all owners who bought FSD.

I am worried about the haters and the Dan O Clowns and the lying media
On broad FSD release, prepare for this mentally as mistakes will be made, then amplified. Unless Tesla does something amazing with V11, there could be a sizable change in the types of driving mistakes made as they shift from humans to machine (or to both as a combination of actions). However, I don't know their plan or additional safeguards they put in place, so it's just a hunch at best.

My hope is that all the people who bought FSD actually understand the capability and weaknesses. That they all quickly learn to engage or disengage at appropriate times (at first anyway), and they are intensely aware of the road surroundings at all the right times. It does seem as thought Tesla is watching/alerting more quickly at higher risk situations which is ideal - the car seems to know when it's higher risk and alerts drivers in a timely fashion.

As reluctant as this all sounds, if I were to pick a quarter to release FSD then I'd still pick this one while earnings are strong. There's no good time to release FSD, just a better time. Continued delay of the release pushes out the usability date for existing battery supply (Machine Utilization or MU applies to the Mission directly). The transition will happen and a lot of people will never accept it, even if it costs more money to have the human present or to drive themselves. So folks will likely have a choice with different pricing.

It's another Pioneers vs Settlers moment. Pioneers thrive in a state of change - it's what we do and thoroughly enjoy. Bring it on, but brace yourselves.

Hey now, no reason for hyperbole. Elon's only been selling for one year. First sale to cover his 2012 CEO Plan option exercise was Nov 8, 2021.
SEC.gov | EDGAR Full Text Search
😮‍💨