Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently I should have just made it a market order to get it around 192.

I only use market orders. If in your mind the stock is worth owning, daily or even minute-by-minute fluctuations matter little in the long run, and you’re more likely to miss out on long term appreciation than you are to save a few pennies or dollars buying in at a specific price.

Interesting that Berkshire Hathaway just purchased Pilot J truck stops... hopefully they'll be equipping them with high power charging stations building towards the future.
I could see a world where there Flying J/ Pilot creates their own charging network which rivals Teslas. It would be a big time investment, but Buffett has the cash.

I could see a world where there Flying J/ Pilot creates their own charging network which rivals Teslas. It would be a big time investment, but Buffett has the cash.
Perhaps that's why they bought them. I was thinking the same. As we all know, reliable and fast charging solutions will be needed in order to move towards EV acceptance.

I exercised some of the short term call options that’s itm now by selling some other stock I was holding. Making a personal milestone to have a 100% tsla portfolio.

Can’t wait to see what’s in store for us in investor day.
Like this? (Remainder is in cash).

1676396289151.png

Interesting that Berkshire Hathaway just purchased Pilot J truck stops... hopefully they'll be equipping them with high power charging stations building towards the future.
Interesting timing. TravelCenters of America just signed an agreement to pay EA, Electrify America, to install 350kW CCS chargers at most of their truck stops/travel centers. It is probably planned to feed at the NEVI funding trough. That really won't help with Semi charging, but it is a step in the correct direction. (Tough I really don't understand why they would pay EA to do that vs. just doing it themselves, even CircleK has their own staff managing their charging station build-out.)

Tesla really should offer a service to install Superchargers, with CCS capability, to places like CircleK and TravelCenters of America.

Last edited:
Perhaps that's why they bought them. I was thinking the same. As we all know, reliable and fast charging solutions will be needed in order to move towards EV acceptance.
Also, charging stations with 24 hours maintained bathrooms, food, shopping, etc are appealing. It's low quality, but better than a lot of Supercharger locations with few/ no services after 8pm, little lighting, porto-potties, and no staff.

Interesting timing. TravelCenters of America just signed an agreement to pay EA, Electrify America, to install 350kW CCS chargers at most of their truck stops/travel centers. It is probably planned to feed at the NEVI funding trough. That really won't help with Semi charging, but it is a step in the correct direction. (Tough I really don't understand why they would pay EA to do that vs. just doing it themselves, even CircleK has their own staff managing their charging station build-out.)

Tesla really should offer a service to install Superchargers, with CCS capability, to places like CircleK and TravelCenters of America.
I think one of the potential advantages of Pilot doing their own network is they can avoid the maintenance disaster which the existing networks have.

Partnering with EA sounds appealing until you realize how unreliable their network really is. Now your employees spend the day fielding complaints about EA's unreliability.

Also, charging stations with 24 hours maintained bathrooms, food, shopping, etc are appealing. It's low quality, but better than a lot of Supercharger locations with few/ no services after 8pm, little lighting, porto-potties, and no staff.
Agree completely! And I seriously think that Berkshire will invest in improving the quality of the truck stops/convenience stores and upgrading them from the 1960's to the 21st century. You don't really contemplate of BH buying truckstops, but with non polluting E Trucks coming, they'll also be a lot less "greasy" and dirty, and with potentially building out charging stations to attract BEV's, they will be forced to improve their locations and make them attractive to upscale users.

Brilliant acquisition IMHO.

Agree completely! And I seriously think that Berkshire will invest in improving the quality of the truck stops/convenience stores and upgrading them from the 1960's to the 21st century. You don't really contemplate of BH buying truckstops, but with non polluting E Trucks coming, they'll also be a lot less "greasy" and dirty, and with potentially building out charging stations to attract BEV's, they will be forced to improve their locations and make them attractive to upscale users.

Wonder how much book value there is beyond real estate (if they actually own the sites).

Wonder how much book value there is beyond real estate (if they actually own the sites).
I'm pretty sure they own. I've seen where they invest in lobbying to alter existing infrastructure projects to their benefit. That's not something you do with a lease property. There is a lot of value in that real estate, Pilot/ FJ are particularly good at investing in premium locations.

Seems to me BH are shrewd enough to partner when they need to. I can see them adding a MegaCharger type install. The big problem is going to be grid connectivity. Lots of places which make sense for truck stops won't have the sort of grid capacity they need.