Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The big problem is safety for the repair crews. Powerwalls and generators have systems that automatically shut off power going to the grid when there is a power outage. Vehicle to house does not. Of course, you can shut the main panel breaker off manually but that requires the human to remember to do that.
Vehicle to house would require power gateway as well. For F150 thats a $3,895 setup according to insideev article Ford F-150 Lightning Home Integration System To Cost $3,895

What I would find interesting, if a powerwall customer that uses a Tesla home charger could add power from the car back to the home as an extended power source without any costly extra hardware to install. i.e. I have 3 powerwalls with about 40kWh of power, but in the winter when the heat pump / ac of the house sucks it dry in less than a night, this could get me another 24 hours worth of juice from the car. Especially in a 3 car family where you dont absolutely have to drive all 3 cars at the same time.

Last edited:
Vehicle to house would require power gateway as well. For F150 thats a $3,895 setup according to insideev article Ford F-150 Lightning Home Integration System To Cost $3,895

What I would find interesting, if a powerwall customer that uses a Tesla home charger could add power from the car back to the home as an extended power source without any costly extra hardware to install. i.e. I have 3 powerwalls with about 40kWh of power, but in the winter when the heat pump / ac of the house sucks it dry in less than a night, this could get me another 24 hours worth of juice from the car. Especially in a 3 car family where you dont absolutely have to drive all 3 cars at the same time.
Hopefully these costs will come down more but comparatively speaking, this is dirt cheap. 100kW+ of battery backup for under $5k. I think this is an area that Tesla needs to delve into, even though it will hurt their power wall sales. It's really dumb to spend $10k per 10kW of battery backup for solar when lots of folks are going to have 60-100+kW of capacity in 1-2 EV's.

Am I the only one who thinks Tesla is really popping right now? Like... crazy busy?

Since the first of the year it's been such a thick series of events. Setting aside the quarterly earnings call.
  • Price drop
  • Very clear/ obvious examples of Cybertruck assembly line/ production being built (GigaPress plus lots of robots and other equipment).
  • Big increase in the number of 4680 Model Ys (in surges)
  • Nevada factory expansion/ big event with governor.
  • Potential Mexico factory looking extremely likely with Mexican officials pushing hard on it.
  • Huge mining partnership and lots of movement.
  • Highland Model 3 is coming apparently by early March
  • Tesla announces engineering HQ in California & takes over HP buildings
  • Cybertruck Beta finally rears it head. Increasing Cybertruck sightings
  • Lots of semis in the wild at this point, both Tesla's own and Pepsi trucks getting spotted everywhere.
  • Possible event in California??
  • FSD v11 maybe drops
  • HW4 coming maybe within a few weeks?
  • Investor Day Coming up.

Just feels like a lot of things coming together right now.

What I would find interesting, if a powerwall customer that uses a Tesla home charger could add power from the car back to the home as an extended power source without any costly extra hardware to install. i.e. I have 3 powerwalls with about 40kWh of power,
No. There is no way with the current hardware you have to do this. The only way to pull power out of a Tesla is via HV DC. Your Tesla Wall Connector doesn't support that. (You would need a different EVSE, and a DC to AC inverter in addition to your existing Powerwall setup. It might be possible for a new version of the Powerwall Plus to allow use of its inverter, but you would still need a new EVSE that was hooked directly to the Powerwall.)

Am I the only one who thinks Tesla is really popping right now? Like... crazy busy?

Since the first of the year it's been such a thick series of events. Setting aside the quarterly earnings call.
  • Price drop
  • Very clear/ obvious examples of Cybertruck assembly line/ production being built (GigaPress plus lots of robots and other equipment).
  • Potential Mexico factory looking extremely likely with Mexican officials pushing hard on it.
  • Lots of semis in the wild at this point, both Tesla's own and Pepsi trucks getting spotted everywhere.
  • FSD v11 maybe drops

Very true. And it's only February yet! :cool:

Nvidia mentioned AI in earnings call today 18 times. They said its at an inflection point (referencing OpenAI, Google, Microsoft)

If there is pride in your work there is arrogance.
Elon is proud of his accomplishments thus he is arrogant.
Sam Altman stole his title as the new visionary of the century and Elon took it personally. (He unfollowed Andrej Carpathy as soon as Andrej took a job at OpenAI)
Elon moves Tesla RD and Twitter to the same town so he can focus on hardcore R&D/AI for Tesla and Twitter and thus take back his spotlight from Sam and upcoming AI projects.

Its about to get interesting. (Hopefully Cybertruck production ramp doesn't suffer)

Obvious speculation, can't back anything up.

Nvidia mentioned AI in earnings call today 18 times. They said its at an inflection point (referencing OpenAI, Google, Microsoft)

If there is pride in your work there is arrogance.
Elon is proud of his accomplishments thus he is arrogant.
Sam Altman stole his title as the new visionary of the century and Elon took it personally. (He unfollowed Andrej Carpathy as soon as Andrej took a job at OpenAI)
Elon moves Tesla RD and Twitter to the same town so he can focus on hardcore R&D/AI for Tesla and Twitter and thus take back his spotlight from Sam and upcoming AI projects.

Its about to get interesting. (Hopefully Cybertruck production ramp doesn't suffer)

Obvious speculation, can't back anything up.
Sam who?

• Price drop
  • FSD v11 maybe drops

When Tesla made the announcement about Germany there was supposed to be the factory in Brandenburg and a design studio in Berlin. Did anything ever happen with the design studio?

With inflation still the focus, Fed minutes show openness to higher rates endgame | REUTERS (1:12 AM UTC)

Nearly all Federal Reserve policymakers rallied behind a decision to further slow the pace of interest rate hikes at the U.S. central bank's last policy meeting, but also indicated that curbing unacceptably high inflation would be the "key factor" in how much further rates need to rise.

Is that a call for Tesla Bears to rally ?

Haha! More like this: :D

Ez0lSHZXIAUu_6Z

Cheers!