Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For whatever it's worth: My Broker/Bank (US Bank) does not allow me to buy bonds that are not investment grade.
Although I do not have any documentation for that, you just have to take my word for it.
There's plenty of debt investors that are only mandated to purchase investment grade debt - so that's not too surprising. The reason to have  credit ratings agencies is to rate credit (i.e. not equity/stock). In fact the US government put it in to legislation many moons ago that certain debt investors could only purchase debt rated investment grade by NRSROs - creating a monopoly for S&P, Moodys and Fitch.

Ratings agencies are not attempting to rate the equity directly and therefore there is no similar constraints for people buying the stock.

• Informative
Reactions: Drax7
Last edited:
A lot of voices have gone quiet.
I’m one who is posting less these days. I’m waiting for the data coming soon: P&D report, then earnings, disclosing the margins.

I backed up the truck last year to buy more LEAPs. Nothing to do now but wait for the numbers to speak for themselves.

Wake me up on the earlier to occur of: hard data being published, or the Cybertruck I’ve reserved being ready for delivery.

1679432294594.jpeg

No longer just hitting a few major destinations. TBC basically giving LAV two road systems. Everyone else drives on the surface and takes 15-20 minutes to get anywhere. TBC gets to most major locations in 5 minutes or less for a couple bucks. Obliterates and surface transportation. Likely the monorail as well.

Going to get increasingly difficult for cities to resist this. Big thing missing here is a way for locals to get to/ from work. This is all commercial endpoints. Leaves locals fighting crappy surface traffic. I guess that's a fundamental problem with low-density housing.

new-loop-map.jpg

No longer just hitting a few major destinations. TBC basically giving LAV two road systems. Everyone else drives on the surface and takes 15-20 minutes to get anywhere. TBC gets to most major locations in 5 minutes or less for a couple bucks. Obliterates and surface transportation. Likely the monorail as well.

Going to get increasingly difficult for cities to resist this. Big thing missing here is a way for locals to get to/ from work. This is all commercial endpoints. Leaves locals fighting crappy surface traffic. I guess that's a fundamental problem with low-density housing.

new-loop-map.jpg
The Boring Co FUD is as bad as anything we see with Tesla. It's just so sad that people will read a headline from a random blog that says "tunnel is a firetrap" and then form an opinion that this is true. Meanwhile 5 seconds on Google shows how the Vegas Fire Chief certified it and how they have emergency exits, fire suppression etc.

Even worse is that most people won't go "oh, I was misled" but usually double down and demand I provide schematics or something. Humanity is the worst sometimes.

Think of it this way: Can that <item> supply energy on it's own without some other same-energy source first supplying it?

Nuclear: Yes
Coal: Yes
Wind: Yes
Solar: Ye
Pumped Hydro: No
Batteries: No
Gravity: No
Flywheels: No
I disagree with this distinction. Coal can’t supply energy on its own any more than a battery pack supplying stored energy can. All that carbon had to live, eat, die, get compressed, etc. to ”load up” and store the energy. Then it can be used. We need to consider both the storing and the using. Just because we are talking about producing from something that wasn’t stored millions of years ago does not mean it’s a different process. Just a different time scale, or more human ingenuity required (for flywheels and battery packs for instance) than gravity and wind.

The Boring Co FUD is as bad as anything we see with Tesla. It's just so sad that people will read a headline from a random blog that says "tunnel is a firetrap" and then form an opinion that this is true. Meanwhile 5 seconds on Google shows how the Vegas Fire Chief certified it and how they have emergency exits, fire suppression etc.

Even worse is that most people won't go "oh, I was misled" but usually double down and demand I provide schematics or something. Humanity is the worst sometimes.
Reality can be difficult to ignore for too long.

As many here have mentioned Vegas is an ideal test-bed for this. It's easy to discount things until you go to a convention there and see what is the city of the future and it's not your home-town. Much like everything Tesla was (and will be) downplayed until it's too late, TBC will slowly garner mind-share.

The other thing which I really like about TBC's solution is it allows humans to reclaim the walking space between things a bit. Vegas is a somewhat interesting place to experience on the ground, but the stream of automobiles spewing pollution and noise constantly right in the middle is horrible. Imagine many of those big roads replaced by walking boulevards and parks. Would be amazing.

Last edited:
THE ACCOUNTANT on Twitter

He mentioned here on TMC before the last Earnings Call that 2022 Q4 would be his last go at estimating financial results for Tesla. @The Accountant
Hmmmm, I just added 1 + 1 and got 2...
@The Accountant .. is a real accountant... so it is tax season 🤔.
Maybe lots of work this time of year. Goes quiet beginning of February... best guess April 19th maybe a return to the forum?
Makes me wonder what the trolls do for a living. They have been absent but not missed by most!

Oh jeez 😳, I hope I didn't just jinx it with the trolls.

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

Hmmmm, I just added 1 + 1 and got 2...
@The Accountant .. is a real accountant... so it is tax season 🤔.
Maybe lots of work this time of year. Goes quiet beginning of February... best guess April 19th maybe a return to the forum?
Makes me wonder what the trolls do for a living. They have been absent but not missed by most!

Oh jeez 😳, I hope I didn't just jinx it with the trolls.

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice
Lucky he is based out in NY, because in some counties here in California, tax deadline has been pushed to Oct 16th due to disaster areas :)