Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the market was expecting energy to perform better. Storage deployed went down Q on Q. This was probably caused by the lumpy nature of storage deployment, but it's still a bit of a damper.
First thing I looked at. Energy Margins seems to be way up though which is great news for the future.

I thought that side of the business didnt matter since Tesla is only a car company.
That's a bear argument of why Tesla deserves a PE of 10 or lower. However Tesla's PE is in the 50s so everything matters. It's not true when bulls claim Tesla's valuation haven't baked in software and energy. Definitely not all, but some are baked in.

How big/long has everyone been saying the Cybertruck will be? Now we know it is sub-19 foot long and it should fit in a garage:

1689798595620.png

edit: From one source I found a Toyota Tacoma Double-Cab w/long bed is 18' 9.5" long with a 6' 1.7" bed. So it sounds like the Cybertruck will be about the same length as the largest Toyota Tacoma...

Last edited:
It makes sense for there to be fluctuations in stock price following the ER release as investors digest the nuances of the report. What doesn't make sense is the very stable price trading just below the red/green line. I suspect capping from some entities that were hoping for a miss. I suspect the stalemate will be broken (one way or the other) as the conference call progresses.

RE: Auto Margins ex Credits

Interesting CNBC now stating 16.9% is the consensus while Dan Ives comments that 17.5% is the line in the sand.
I've attached the estimates from the Twitter forecasters.

View attachment 957650
Dan Ives had a "line in the sand" gross margin of 17.5% and Tesla beat that with 18.1%.
1689799757074.png