Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Market for storage similar to EVs, Tesla and Chinese companies at the top:

Article based on the above with some context:

Just don't expect CCP elites to be driving around in Teslas. :p
The same way many didn’t expect China to allow Tesla to build a factory in China without a Chinese partner.

Just because something has been a certain way doesn’t mean it will remain the same. Nothing is static, not even the Chinese government.

The world is changing. Fast. Elon wields a lot of power, as does Tesla and SpaceX and, and. Some people don’t like that. In the end it’s not going to matter what they like and even less what they post. Point being, that channel isn’t any more important than any other Internet channel.

I look for a reason for today's bump... this is all I could come up with:
  1. CyberTruck pre-hype (because people were STILL thinking it wouldn't produce)
  2. The 7 day itch (neg/pos)
  3. It's been 3 days since this place has been depressing.
Headline , saw the same in my TD feeds.

The cybertruck launch will be a big deal for TSLA, but in my view the beginning of distribution is not the key moment for investment effects. That key moment occurs with the release of the specs for the trucks, and the selling prices. At that point we can estimate the degree of success expected.
I do think today's movement is from the anticipation of those key CyberTruck specs and price. Feels like we should know this very soon, right? (Crash tests, Iceland, spotted everywhere...) Meanwhile, we still don't even have a date for launch - is this normal? Feels like it's being milked for added hype (although, a "truck" is a significantly new market for Tesla.)

Any predictions on first deliveries? I think Sept, Labor Day, because it's all about the labor and the people and robots who make these beautiful products! Also, Labor Day is in 2 weeks!!!

I do think today's movement is from the anticipation of those key CyberTruck specs and price. Feels like we should know this very soon, right? (Crash tests, Iceland, spotted everywhere...) Meanwhile, we still don't even have a date for launch - is this normal? Feels like it's being milked for added hype (although, a "truck" is a significantly new market for Tesla.)

What's normal for the industry is for no one to even notice all of these pre-production activities. Ford will ship their pre-production test vehicles to places, and no one will even care until they announce the first production vehicles off the line.

What's normal for the industry is for no one to even notice all of these pre-production activities. Ford will ship their pre-production test vehicles to places, and no one will even care until they announce the first production vehicles off the line.
So Tesla not being normal for much of anything, what are we to think??

The way the Sun glinted off that SS body...😍
Yep. I'll say it. After watching the reflection of those flat panels, I foresee a great deal of drama from the MM about how dangerous and blinding the sun reflections off the flat SS CT panels are for surrounding "victims"...you heard it here first! 😉

Last edited:
Tesla significantly undervalued? Put me in the "yes" camp.

As of August 21, 2023, Tesla's stock price stands at $227.62 per share, with a market capitalization of $722.50 billion. However, the GF Value, an estimation of the stock's fair value, is $453.55, suggesting that the stock might be significantly undervalued.

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 9.20.20 AM.jpg

The cybertruck launch will be a big deal for TSLA, but in my view the beginning of distribution is not the key moment for investment effects. That key moment occurs with the release of the specs for the trucks, and the selling prices. At that point we can estimate the degree of success expected.
I wouldn't be surprised if fund managers agreed with you but my opinion is the stock price will be most influenced by how smoothly the ramp goes. I think the specs/price ratio is a given to beat the competition so it's all about the ramp.

Any predictions on first deliveries? I think Sept, Labor Day, because it's all about the labor and the people and robots who make these beautiful products! Also, Labor Day is in 2 weeks!!!
As anxious as we all are, I think it might not be until much later in the year. Someone here, or on Twitter, said several hundred Model Ys were produced before the delivery event was announced. I think the CT number is still under 20.

Tesla significantly undervalued? Put me in the "yes" camp.

As of August 21, 2023, Tesla's stock price stands at $227.62 per share, with a market capitalization of $722.50 billion. However, the GF Value, an estimation of the stock's fair value, is $453.55, suggesting that the stock might be significantly undervalued.

View attachment 967057
What factors go into drawing that midline? If I was drawing that in one of my half-assed technical efforts, I would have that line flattening out over the last year.

I look for a reason for today's bump... this is all I could come up with:
  1. CyberTruck pre-hype (because people were STILL thinking it wouldn't produce)
  2. The 7 day itch (neg/pos)
  3. It's been 3 days since this place has been depressing.
Dan Ives was on CNBC this morning and they asked him to explain. He listed -
1) price cuts are in the rear view mirror
2) chinese demand appears to be ticking upwards

Not sure I agree with either of those but he had to say something

As anxious as we all are, I think it might not be until much later in the year. Someone here, or on Twitter, said several hundred Model Ys were produced before the delivery event was announced. I think the CT number is still under 20.
Those that follow GigaAustin closely (the drone flyers) put the total number of Cybertrucks at 65-70. They also state they're making around 6-8 per day and that number has been increasing.

Last edited: