Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a long list of things that were never delivered (Plaid +) or haven't been delivered, yet (FSD, Roadster, etc)...but outside of that, in the context of the company.

Edit: And by mentioning the Plaid +, I don't think Elon will come out and say "We don't think anyone needs over 500 miles of range" with the CT. Just that it may release at a later date.
Wait a second... I think you just figured out an "Easter Egg" in that photo shoot with the CyberTruck and the Plaid Model S!
1692914943279.jpeg

I wonder if they plan to finally release a Plaid+ ????? Why else would they do that image with a CT and the Model S hiding behind it? It's a CT plus(+) a Plaid.. Oh Elon! 👽

Edit: "Or... that's Elon's car he drove to the Cybertruck testing." (Thanks @mongo ). I'll put my tinfoil hat back in the closet..... sorry for the false alarm, we can go back to talking about hatchbacks again.

Last edited:
Wait a second... I think you just figured out an "Easter Egg" in that photo shoot with the CyberTruck and the Plaid Model S!
View attachment 967965

I wonder if they plan to finally release a Plaid+ ????? Why else would they do that image with a CT and the Model S hiding behind it? It's a CT plus(+) a Plaid.. Oh Elon! 👽
Or... that's Elon's car he drove to the Cybertruck testing.

I can believe the need exists. The eye will see warping x10 if it's flat and was a concern of mine initially until I saw it shine one day (and only on camera).

So.... production challenges yes of course. Call this a lucky pass, but I just machined some plastic last night to less than 10 um precision. It did not register on my calipers, so in the ball park anyway +/- tooling variances. I was surprised as I'm usually off 20-30 um due to material thickness variations, but it could be done if I had controls over my materials as well because I have to flip the piece and machine it both sides. Think about that - in a garage no less!

Can I do it again... IDK. Am I Tesla, hell no!
Another reason CT wraps may be a massive business. Anyone see a potential investment opp here?

View attachment 967965

Edit: "Or... that's Elon's car he drove to the Cybertruck testing." (Thanks @mongo ). I'll put my tinfoil hat back in the closet..... sorry for the false alarm, we can go back to talking about hatchbacks again.
I will do one better

This is is Plaid plus Cybertruck

Cybertruck Plaid+ version confirmed

Reactions: MC3OZ
This isn't a large # of workers, and it's very good for GM that this contract is separate from the national agreement. GM continues to be unable to ramp battery production. If the UAW selects GM for their strike, GM can continue to try to work through their issues with battery production, and EV production might ultimately be unaffected because lack of batteries is the choke point.

I just ordered Tesla Solar + Powerwall and it was uncool that they require an electricity bill in a home I haven't lived in it before getting to site inspection. I WANT IT NOW DANGIT!

Tesla Solar ordered and this time around, much to Tesla's credit, there was a new feature to sync to my local electricity provider via UtilityAPI!

Super seamless and went into system design very quickly, really impressed with the new functionality. No PDFs needed.

I think lots of people fail to understand the nVidia beat. They think "wow high profits" but fail to understand that nVidia is supplying a tool that companies buy because it makes them more money than it costs them, not a fun consumer product. Same with Dojo, some analysts like Gary Black think that Dojo will only be valuable if it becomes AWS which fail to understand the product. No, Tesla will not sell compute(at least for a long while) because they can use it better themselves!

When nVidia beats it's great for them. But it's also an indication that they are producing more H100s that companies like Tesla need. Which will lead to better products/development for all the companies that are H100 starved like Microsoft, Tesla, X.ai etc. That's where the big value of the product will be made.
It’s important to remember a lot of companies that are buying these are buying them on the dream of making it rich in the AI gold rush using VC money.

Also important to remember that in the California gold rush miners didn’t really get rich, but shovel manufacturers did.

View attachment 967965

Could be that it's a new variant of the Model S with even more extreme wheel arch flares & bigger wheels & tyres for the Nurb-thingy. Notice that those parts are conveniently hidden.

Or, it's a reference to the Plaid version of the Cybertruck. Perhaps that is the first trim to be produced... for early adopters w/ money.

For sure, it is a different Model S from the one that was photographed in the "quintet" at GigaTexas. That one was red... this is white. Or... is there a chance it's silver? Metallic Silver making a comeback? Doesn't look like the Quicksilver. (That would be a neat reveal photo... next to the similar-coloured vehicle that has no paint.)

Can't think of any other reasons why those two products would be tweeted in a photo (with so much of the Model S obscured)

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Elon isn't wrong.

My model 3 LR RWD 5 years ago was 51k after a color upgrade

Today I just bought a Model Y for 51k with 2 extra seats, 1 extra motor, 200 more HP, 30mi extra range, matrix headlights, power trunk, HW4, double pane windows, lithium 12v battery and ryzen MCU. But I'm sure there's a person out there somewhere crying about no home link, USS, and passenger lumber support....

Where were you when we covered that Tesla doesn't make vehicles with double paned glass. Your vehicle has laminated glass not double pane.

I've been away for 3 weeks on the motorcycle. Went to Sturgis and visited fam and friends in Idaho, Just got home today and looked at my portfolio...

Somebody tell me everything's going to be all right :(

(kidding mostly-this is nothing new)
Sounds like a great trip!
Hard to say if it will be all right, with the stock price moving down like this on a significant production and earnings beat for Q2. Maybe Wall Street believes Tesla should produce less and become inefficient? 🤔 (obligatory /s)