Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You, of course, are also not "in the room", so you are saying you have no clue either. So why such arrogance on your part? Seems humility would be a more consistent choice.
Exactly. None of us are in the room. The difference is I actually know that and am not here flogging my opinions as fact about what’s going on behind closed doors or what should be happening.

Seems you’re a bit mixed up about the definitions of arrogance and humility. I’ll save you the embarrassment of pointing out your own fine examples of them unless you want to continue and then you and I can have another group banning again. That was fun, eh?

So, bit back I posted a conversation snippet from another forum I'm on, where a member was saying there'd no way she'd buy an EV and have to pay for it only to have her electrical bill go up to then charge it. Another forum member pointed out how some people don't realize spending $50 to save $250 is silly, and I chimed in with TCO calc comments...

I just followed that up with the new pricing info and this:

Assuming $5K down and %5 interest rate, that’s about $500/mo on the button (using my state’s sales tax)…

With gas prices as they are, it’s not hard to offset at least half that payment between that and lesser maint.

An effective $250/mo for that class of car is a bit of a no-brainer…

It will be interesting to see what the reactions are...

I thought this chart might be of interest showing Tesla's UK market share:
View attachment 980080

Source: UK EV Share At 23.4% — Tesla Leads - CleanTechnica

I think its interesting for the many US posters here, as I know that the share of BEVs in the US that Tesla has is MUCH bigger. This can blind investors to the situation in other markets where there actually is some real competition. I especially think the MG4 is a very cost-conscious competitor to the model 3 here.

Especially relevant today when discussing further 3/Y price cuts. Maybe not in the US, but here in the UK I can see Tesla being concerned about lower price rivals. The MG4 is also small, and more suited to UK roads. Still, the guy who I know who bought an MG4 would have definitely got model 3 if it was price-comparative!
It doesn’t matter how big the percentage of market share is if the total is nominal. 90% of 10 is only 9. Your market and the interest for the vehicles isn’t big enough to be worth it to Tesla anymore.

You’ve had your say on the topic. Please move on. Tesla isn’t making S/X for your market any longer no matter how much you talk about your upset.

Hey back off, @Krugerrand . At every step, @Cosmacelf stated these were their opinions (AND those opinions are relevant to TSLA stock). Not like many others here who state their opinions like facts ("There's zero chance Tesla will ..." or "Musk was wrong to..."). Now you're just being argumentative and trying to belittle someone (none of us is currently "in the room" these days, so what's your point? Some of us have worked for Elon directly in the past, but not you as I recall.). Not helpful.
You forgot to tag all the other posters.

Need to cut ads there

Can't keep up with the game of price cut charades ... now Norway has price raised as well.

I pity(maybe not) the wall street analyst who keeps having to revise there models :)

There is no need to sell dream tropical vacations to people already living there :) (80% EV penetration), but to people living in cold places ( < 3-4% EV penetration)

Is it unreasonable a thought to consider how margin and earnings might not be the factor defining these price cuts?

What if the goal is to keep moving as many vehicles as possible during a down-turn in the market due to economic forces.

Since one year ago, what has changed with the flow of vehicles into customer's hands? Has it gone up or gone down?

Used car prices may be immaterial to the strategy and "backlog tanking" may also be seen as "deliveries being tuned to match increased production to demand as closely as possible."

What if everyone trying to judge Tesla based upon traditional concepts of increasing the margin, earnings, and similar benchmarks are completely missing how "these are not the Droids you are looking for." Those who do not realize how a company that is rock-solid financially to the point that they could operate for years with no profit at all may not place these as high on the pecking order of "important things" simply because they aren't.

This isn't a sign of weakness. It is a sign of consistent growth through making other than traditional measures the yardstick they use to spread their product far and wide at a rate not seen in over a century in the auto industry.

Perhaps the people consistently making this mistake in evaluating Tesla should consider possibilities beyond the narrow scope of traditional benchmarks.

Agreed.

I still believe the in-car Tesla App Store is coming someday, where you'll be able to buy new games or other apps and features for the car UI and such. If the store does come, then having as many cars in customers hands becomes important because that equals a larger potential store customer base. Software sales in-car, high margin sales. This would of course become MUCH more lucrative if Level 5 FSD is solved and the passenger needs to find things to do in the car while being driven around. :cool:

I've decided to no longer sync my phone to the atomic clock, but to you guys showing up in this thread when there is perceived 'bad news'. Much more accurate.

Why not also join us when there's 'good news' to celebrate?!
Almost tempted to go back through my history to add up and plot my posts on a given day against the price action that day, because I think I’m here more when the stock price action is unhinged to the upside necessitating someone arguing sanity rather than the opposite.

Not a very good contrarian if I’m only here posting negative things on negative days.

Thanks go to Sawyer Merritt for sharing this.

Updated guidelines on $7500 tax credit for point of sale. Released today.

20231006_081801.jpg

Be happy that Tesla has such competent leadership....

I still believe the in-car Tesla App Store is coming someday, where you'll be able to buy new games or other apps and features for the car UI and such. If the store does come, then having as many cars in customers hands becomes important because that equals a larger potential store customer base. Software sales in-car, high margin sales. This would of course become MUCH more lucrative if Level 5 FSD is solved and the passenger needs to find things to do in the car while being driven around. :cool:

The fact they halved the memory and internal storage, and entirely left out the dCPU, on the HW4 3/Ys suggests this is not at all a coming focus for Tesla

Would we get to benefit from the increased sales, selling prices? And improved share price doesn't count. Honestly, this shouldn't be that difficult. They could easily devote $1k per vehicle towards marketing and put some serious promotion together to get word out to combat the general public's misconceptions.
I don’t want you to give you a second disagree. Tesla will not pay to corrupt media. I’d rather have them cut the prices and pass the savings to the customer.

Get your competition on board, and then crush them. Brutal.
Disagree with the indication of «malice» in your statement, Tesla got the competition aboard because NACS has the superior coverage and quality over there, leading to a far better experience for all impacted EV owners.

Not «capture them and kill them», I am 100% sure that is far from Elons and Teslas mind when planning these things!