Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how does GM look as a short target?

Shortzes don't tgt GM and F w. long-term campaigns because then they'd have to pay dividends in actual cash to shareholders.

Hint: Big Shortzes (Hedge Funds) w. Options Market Maker status don't have cash, they are playing with phantom shares they create for free, and hold forever (or until they move them off-shore to disappear).

Long-term campaigns against GM/F are further hindered by the $$ they spend on media/advertizing, which makes it harder to get airtime for free like the shortzes usual suspects who drone on about 'demand' for years...

True, but as TSLA investors here we have a vested interest in TSLA doing as good as it can. If Elon chases away advertising revenue on X then he will need to sell some of his TSLA shares annually to prop it up, and that does effect everyone here who owns TSLA themselves.

So, if Elon living his best life impacts many of us negatively, well then it's understandable how some posters here could be upset by that. 😞
Some of us care more about doing what is right than profit.

Fortunately, both often happen together with Tesla and TSLA.

Yes, I’ve heard this complaint from people before; how Elon is responsible for their happiness and wealth. I continue to say, if a person finds themself upset by his actions, it’s perfectly logical to sell their TSLA stock and choose another company to invest in that will satisfy their needs and then they can be happy. I hear GM just did a stock buyback that some have been wishing Tesla would do AND increased their dividends.

See I disagree with this notion that if someone has a few beefs with Elon or even Tesla then they need to sell all their shares. Investing is about probabilities, not absolutes, and I believe it's okay to remain invested in a company someone mostly agrees with even if they have a few disagreements as well.

I don't think the world is black and white, I feel it's shades of gray, and I'm okay if someone voices concerns over Elon and/or Tesla while still mostly holding onto TSLA and believing in the overall mission.

But hey, that's just me. 😎

I know at least 4 of these people by sight enough that if I bumped into them at random I'd know it. I couldn't name the one on each end.

1701319300152.jpeg

wow...did you watch the entire interview??? ... i agree the first 15 minutes or so was rough and cringe-worthy (clearly demon mode ) ... and he seemed more defensive than usual ... but the latter part was pretty good

amazing how different the impressions we all have can be watching the same content .... for me i just finished the biography and none of Elon's responses surprised me .... in fact they tracked perfectly
My impression is that tomorrow when people should be talking about Cybertruck, they'll be talking about the dealbook interview. Sound familiar? Seems to happen every quarter now at the meeting. Out of control, and burying the lede. Increasingly concerning behavior, speaking as an investor. Just my impression, of course. YMMV.

I mean...
I hate to write posts on this topic because my long and witty posts all get deleted but here goes.

If you listened to the media and people complain, you would think that his feed was just a reskinned Alex Jones blog. I go on there occasionally and all I find is pretty normal stuff. He said some Jewish people want to undermine Western society. Ok. Agree with him or not, he didnt say all Jewish people are bad. And they called him anti Semitic? Come on. I say the good time we have has produced too many thin skinned people whos got nothing better to do than to demonize a guy who may say questionable stuff occasionally.

Its easy to say Elon dont do that, that, or that when none of what we do or say is under constant attacks like he is. Its literally impossible for him to keep his mouth shut on things he strongly believes in, right or wrong. Please dont tell me you or any of us are any different. So thats the situation. Deal with it. You are given a lemon, as does he. He deals with it his way. You deal with it your way. Everybody lives their best life.
Love it.

Thus, adding 15 miles of range implies adding 0.41*15=6.15Kwh. If that's over the course of 5 hours (typical home solar daily generation assumption), that's 6.15/5=1.23KWh per hour.

Given a 4 ft x 7 ft solar array, 20% eff. solar cells, and 5 hrs/day insolation, that's about 2.23KWh per day... exactly enough to recharge your Optimus 'bot. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: scaesare and AZRI11
If this is true (and I find no reason to believe it's not), we can expect to start seeing CTs on the road everywhere starting tomorrow!

Bradford Ferguson

@bradsferguson
There WILL be CT deliveries outside of Texas tomorrow:

“Just went to the Xxxx store and got confirmation that there are delivery appointments for tomorrow for the Cybertruck. So not just deliveries at the event but also at most likely all the stores that have them on display…”
6:38 PM · Nov 29, 2023

I made sure it was NOT bitterness that causes me to post. Well that last post about the 500 mile battery miss might be. But that bitterness was from when I tried to make those I respect and some that I like here recognize that what Elon saids is NOT what often is done.
yes he's got Tesla in a good place. And when I look at his accomplishments they are impressive as all hell. But he also swings and misses on an extremely high level. Boring company? Solar roofing? X? Cyber NOTA truck? Anyone gotten a letter concerning their roadster deposit from how many years ago?
It is best to focus on NOTA Elon. And focus on the real company and what it is doing. Not what isn't. whether Elon is saying anything about it or not.
The guy's a genius... with asperger's. (yes yes I know, Asperger's is not supposed to be what we have to call it now.) But no one should be doing anything with their money based on what a genius with asperger's saids.

Still waiting for examples of these times you feel that what Elon has said was not done. (other than "two weeks" of course ;) ) Providing quotes of his words and enough context to judge what was said with some accuracy would be helpful.

It has always seemed to me that listening to exactly what he says, without trying to read between the lines, does not leave this impression you refer to. To me, Elon tends to under-promise and over-deliver. He says what he means and means what he says. Still, nobody is perfect, and I don't expect him to be either.

Boring Company is fully employed and growing. Is that really what you call a high level miss?

I'm placing my bets based upon what he has done and how he describes the path going forward. It is logical, rational, and well thought out. He has on multiple occasions made calls he was criticized for that eventually played out as he said they would.

Many, if not most people are unable to wrap their heads around enough of the vision he has shared with us for the future to build even a foggy picture, much less see things with his level of clarity.

This reminds me of a quote, I think it was from Douglas Adams -
"Things aren't always what they seem. They only seem that way because it is us looking at them."​

Some people change their perspective more often than they do their underwear, other people don't change perspective at all.
Which of these people has the better chance of accurately processing more of the reality that's around them?

Last edited:
I made sure it was NOT bitterness that causes me to post. Well that last post about the 500 mile battery miss might be. But that bitterness was from when I tried to make those I respect and some that I like here recognize that what Elon saids is NOT what often is done.
yes he's got Tesla in a good place. And when I look at his accomplishments they are impressive as all hell. But he also swings and misses on an extremely high level. Boring company? Solar roofing? X? Cyber NOTA truck? Anyone gotten a letter concerning their roadster deposit from how many years ago?
It is best to focus on NOTA Elon. And focus on the real company and what it is doing. Not what isn't. whether Elon is saying anything about it or not.
The guy's a genius... with asperger's. (yes yes I know, Asperger's is not supposed to be what we have to call it now.) But no one should be doing anything with their money based on what a genius with asperger's saids.
Last I checked,
Boring is still boring. Vegas?
CTs are finally getting delivered. Nobody said the 500 mile version will never get delivered.
Still improving solar roof.
Roadster is late
Who, then, would you consider to be the beacon of innovation? Barra? Zuckerberg? Bezos? Who? Dont be part of the cancerous culture that punishes the ones who try and miss while praising those who never try.

See I disagree with this notion that if someone has a few beefs with Elon or even Tesla then they need to sell all their shares. Investing is about probabilities, not absolutes, and I believe it's okay to remain invested in a company someone mostly agrees with even if they have a few disagreements as well.

I don't think the world is black and white, I feel it's shades of gray, and I'm okay if someone voices concerns over Elon and/or Tesla while still mostly holding onto TSLA and believing in the overall mission.

But hey, that's just me. 😎
Yes, of course you disagree because you think people should have their cake and eat it too. In my house if you don’t like the flavor of the cake, don’t eat the cake. You’ve no right to step into my house, even if I invited you for dinner, to bellyache that it’s vanilla instead of chocolate. You want chocolate cake then bring chocolate cake with you, otherwise sit down and shut up because tonight I made vanilla. Elon just explained that to a group of advertisers.

This isn’t about black and white, or even vanilla vs chocolate. It’s about the same people always complaining, always unhappy, always blaming Elon, never taking any personal responsibility for their own unhappiness and doing a simple thing like sell their shares to change their life for the better.

Reasonable, logical, clear thinking people don’t keep doing the same thing that makes them unhappy. They don’t argue and fight with people about their right to be unhappy. And yet here we are.