Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good question. It may appear on Gen 3 platform in some form (flex PCB potentially vs overmolded). Unless normal cables with human assembly have proven more optimal.
We don't know how the 48V wiring harness in the Cybertruck is made and installed.

I doubt that robots are installing the harness, but it could be a design covered by one of the many manufacturing patents Tesla has in this area.

As soon as I saw the number of patents and patent revisions, I was convinced that Tesla was going to adopt this new wiring harness technology.

We don't know how the 48V wiring harness in the Cybertruck is made and installed.

I doubt that robots are installing the harness, but it could be a design covered by one of the many manufacturing patents Tesla has in this area.

As soon as I saw the number of patents and patent revisions, I was convinced that Tesla was going to adopt this new wiring harness technology.
Photos from delivery event looks like normal harness design. Still, it could have something different in the backbone, but crossection is less of an issue for this size vehicle.
SmartSelect_20231208_195154_Firefox.jpg
SmartSelect_20231208_195135_Firefox.jpg

From Joe

Especially in the 11.4.7/8 FSD stack, with Tesla's newer wiper coding, the wipers rarely work in the pouring rain, but will dry wipe. The algorithm to sense rain is terrible. Tesla Service says they get "a ton of complaints per month", but it's a fleet wide issue that will be fixed in a future update.

I posted on FB an overcast day where my wipers started going crazy, degraded my maximum speed to 60 mph in a 70 mph, then when it started actually raining, they stopped and my speed was increased.
Yes, ever since an update a few months ago my wife's 2022 Model Y seems to think it's opposite-day. The wipers don't come on when it starts to rain, and they wipe randomly on perfectly blue sky days. Weird. I know Elon likes to say that "the best part is no part", but if removing that part makes it only 95% as good as every other car with automatic wipers that's not a smart move, and just opens them up to well-deserved ridicule.

Guess what folks, Tesla is *seriously* underrating the tri-motor Cybertruck, according to *physics*:

Wt: 6,843 lbs curb wt +175 lbs pax =7,018 lbs est'd test wt​
0-60 mph performace (measured) = 2.6 sec

Let's run that through the carspecs.us 0-60 mph calculator to solve for power:

View attachment 997737

Yeah, that's 1341 hp at the actual wheels. Does that number sound vaguely familar, not random?

Yeah, CyberBeast has 1 MEGAWATT of power.

Oofdah! :D

#predict

The calculator states that it's based on averages, however we know that compared to ICE (and possibly other EV models) Tesla is able to optimize power to a much higher degree and adjust at a very high rate/frequency. This allows faster acceleration with less horsepower by being able to maximize power to the wheels without slipping. Therefore I would guess that the true HP is somewhere between Tesla's stated number and the number generated by this calculator. Hopefully we will learn more in the future!

Yes, ever since an update a few months ago my wife's 2022 Model Y seems to think it's opposite-day. The wipers don't come on when it starts to rain, and they wipe randomly on perfectly blue sky days. Weird. I know Elon likes to say that "the best part is no part", but if removing that part makes it only 95% as good as every other car with automatic wipers that's not a smart move, and just opens them up to well-deserved ridicule.
The thing is, Tesla has already proven that it doesn't need rain sensing hardware. My auto wipers used to be pretty decent. Not great, but good enough that I could live with it until the software improved.

It's just recently that the auto wipers have become comically crazy on both of my Teslas. Somebody broke the software and it just needs to get fixed.

Forget the rest of the Christmas update. All I want for Christmas is my auto wipers to be fixed so I can use FSD again.

One more spot to go for MY to become the most registered vehicle in the US of 2023. MY surpassed the Toyota RAV4 to become the second most registered vehicle in the US in 2023 up through Q3.

View attachment 997670

Source: https://www.kbb.com/car-news/tesla-model-y-jumps-to-2nd-in-new-vehicle-registrations/

This is relevant to my point that the Cybertruck will steal sales from the F-150 and make the f-150 lose the top spot to Tesla, but the top spot goes to the Model Y. I'm expecting that to happen in 2024.

It's just a ~17% unit difference between F-150 and Model Y in at end of Q3 2023. Still time for the Model Y to gain on the F150 in Q4 2023 and then all of 2024.

Increase the Model Y by 5% and decrease the F-150 by 13% and Model Y is a winner. or
Increase the Model Y by 4% and decrease the F-150 by 14% and Model Y is a winner. or
Increase the Model Y by 3% and decrease the F-150 by 15% and Model Y is a winner. or
Increase the Model Y by 2% and decrease the F-150 by 16% and Model Y is a winner. or
Increase the Model Y by 1% and decrease the F-150 by 17% and Model Y is a winner.

Sure looks like taking that lead is in Tesla's reach to me. Some of the F150 sales get taken by the Cybertruck directly, some just get deferred until later, wherever those buyers go, I'm saying the Cybertruck will have a hand in dethroning the F150.

Last edited:
This is relevant to my point that the Cybertruck will steal sales from the F-150 and make the f-150 lose the top spot to Tesla, but the top spot goes to the Model Y. I'm expecting that to happen in 2024.

It's just a ~17% unit difference between F-150 and Model Y in at end of Q3 2023. Still time for the Model Y to gain on the F150 in Q4 2023 and then all of 2024.

Increase the Model Y by 5% and decrease the F-150 by 13% and Model Y is a winner. or
Increase the Model Y by 4% and decrease the F-150 by 14% and Model Y is a winner. or
Increase the Model Y by 3% and decrease the F-150 by 15% and Model Y is a winner. or
Increase the Model Y by 2% and decrease the F-150 by 16% and Model Y is a winner. or
Increase the Model Y by 1% and decrease the F-150 by 17% and Model Y is a winner.

Sure looks like taking that lead is in Tesla's reach to me. Some of the F150 sales get taken by the Cybertruck directly, some just get deferred until later, wherever those buyers go, I'm saying the Cybertruck will have a hand in dethroning the F150.

This would be dependent on how quick the Cybertruck ramp goes. On that note, I might have some good news.

It seems there are quite a few non-employees (Edit: he replied to his post that most of these are in TX or CA) that are currently receiving emails inviting them to configure their Foundation-series cybertrucks:

1702094623919.png

This would be dependent on how quick the Cybertruck ramp goes. On that note, I might have some good news.

It seems there are quite a few non-employees (Edit: he replied to his post that most of these are in TX or CA) that are currently receiving emails inviting them to configure their Foundation-series cybertrucks:

View attachment 997798

reading elsewhere and someone in Utah got the email, they are looking to get 1,000 confirmed orders ASAP.

1702099955001.png

I'm not an employee and got my email. The price is silly but I've been dreaming about this for so long. Now I wait to see when they can deliver.

View attachment 997817
Considering how I paid 105k for my 2017 S90D with HW 2.0 that just came with dumb cruise initially, I’d say the CT price isn’t bad for all that you get. Not to mention inflation.