Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Peculiar article on Teslarati stating, "The Boring Company (TBC) will switch its state of incorporation to Nevada by March 2023."

The Warren Redlich post shows a date from 2023 for this move of incorporation, yet they write the article as if it is to happen in the future.

If Tesla can use the same time machine Boring Co. used to willan haven* done the Tesla incorporation elsewhen, and elsewhere than Delaware, would that eliminate the judge's decision?

*Ref. Dan Streetmentioner, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Last edited:
The cameras on a Tesla would probably gather evidence that the police may be able to use later.

Th next step is a vison AI system that let's a central office know a Robotaxi might be under attack, then that central office would need to inform police.

Haul a few culprits before the courts, and attempt to recover damages, including the cost of any damage done to the Robotaxi...

If a good "early detection" scheme is put in place, it will not be a major problem.
Computer match with camera images to ID suspects is illegal in SF.

• Informative
Reactions: MC3OZ
Tesla will easily offset the $1K price cuts in February via Regulatory Credits (the higher volume is worth it). In FY2023, avg regulatory credit income was $990 per car, covering just 2.75% of COGS for the year, dropping to 2.5% of COGS in Q4.

So that's roughly a quarter of the 10% COGS reduction Tesla themselves were able to achieve throughout 2023. Price Cuts are just Business as Usual now. :D

So Dan O'Dowd's commercial never aired last night then? I kept watching for it, I wanted a good hearty laugh!

As I mentioned upthread, Dano only paid for his last hitpiece to air in D.C. and certain state capitals. I expect he 'cheeped' out again. :p

Last edited:
Five Years Ago:

There certainly is a lot of magical thinking required to believe the bear thesis.

For the bull thesis, one needs only believe Tesla will continue growing sales globally for the best vehicles in the world as it makes them safer, more fun, more autonomous, and more affordable.
— James Stephenson (@ICannot_Enough) February 8, 2019

Twelve Days Ago:
Attention, billionaires: You have enough money already. If you want to continue to work and be paid for it, please move to whatever country still allows that. And no, I don’t care what your board of directors or shareholders “voted”; I know better.” -Kathaleen McCormick XOXO
— James Stephenson (@ICannot_Enough) January 31, 2024

Can we get a 'wellness' check on James? He hasn't posted a "Who's Hatin' Hard" video in over 2 weeks.

Collecting his thoughts?

<snip> Indeed, the most material updates (pre-Juniper) to the Model Y will likely be complete if we get that dash LED update - these include the items introduced in 2023 (i.e. softened suspension and hardware 4 cameras and computer) and the new "ultra red" and "stealth gray" color options introduced this year. </snip>
I had a 12/19/23 built demo RWD Y as a loaner recently and it already had HW4. What is strange is that I also drove an early Jan ‘24 built LR Y and it was still with HW3. But I guess the point is that HW4 is already being installed on the Y.

IMG_3429.jpeg
IMG_3433.jpeg
IMG_3428.jpeg
IMG_3430.jpeg

More than a year has passed since the Semi has been released to Pepsi and to Tesla's own fleet.
It has been almost total silence ever since, aside from some info's here and there. Do we know anything new? Is the Semi the new Tesla Roof? I read in the other Semi thread that Tesla recently bought several diesel Semis. Not good news.
Please prove me wrong.

Other than ads against big tobacco, I don’t recall such negative commercials against one specific company. How this is done on such a scale should really be considered libel.

There were 2 of us Tesla owners at our viewing party last night here in Northern VA just outside of DC.

I got some "Wows" at the commercials, with some folks asking what was up after the second one...

When I explained it was Dan O'Dowd, and how he has a "competing" software company, has done similar things before with commercials, faked test results, launched social media campaigns, targets markets with legislators in the viewing audience, etc... the general reaction was laughter and "I hope they sue that guy"...

More than a year has passed since the Semi has been released to Pepsi and to Tesla's own fleet.
It has been almost total silence ever since, aside from some info's here and there. Do we know anything new? Is the Semi the new Tesla Roof? I read in the other Semi thread that Tesla recently bought several diesel Semis. Not good news.
Please prove me wrong.

They spent all that time testing, and the ground breaking ceremony for it's factory was a few weeks ago, so maybe a year or a bit more until production starts?

I found it interesting that the "Big 3" did not have a single ad. So many SuperBowls of the past featuring patriotic ads with tough pickups it was a notable absence. Also not promoting their EV versions like they did past few years. Felt like a corporate realization that the party is over.
They have figured out that the high costs of SuperBowl ads aren't worth it to them.

Last edited:
I found it interesting that the "Big 3" did not have a single ad. So many SuperBowls of the past featuring patriotic ads with tough pickups it was a notable absence. Also not promoting their EV versions like they did past few years. Felt like a corporate realization that the party is over.
watch tv advertisements? I have not seen a full tv add in years. If an advert comes on I pause do something else then skip them.
Is it the superbowl ones are special asking for other parts of the world?

It's a realization that TV advertising is over. It's not worth it any more.
No its not, and the people selling and buying got the numbers to back them up. We remember the commercial and product when done right. This year's Super Bowl ads stank and I am putting it mildly. Have we lost the talent to make commercials that entertain and are funny? No one remember commercials on social issues or religion.

It's not a 'fat chick', butt heavy: (Aug 11, 2023)

Fortunately, she doesn't live in Germany, so doesn't have to worry about this..

But I'm a bit surprised it only weighs that... with all the camping stuff added it's not much heavier than an S.