Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got up close and personal with a Cybertruck today. Way smaller in person. I like it. Wife loves it. We’ll keep our reservation but when the time comes we’ll probably still get a model X. Until then we’ll continue to drive the wheels off the Y.

IMG_0493.jpeg

There is a thread about the Chanos Saga. With guest appearance from El Gordo "Absolute Unit" Johnson (There was a time when TSLA SP rise was measured in Gordo's price target eg. SP is up 1 Gordo 🤣 ).

Some background for those unfamiliar with this “Tesla Economist” 🤡

TLDR: NINJA trust fund baby loses family fortune on risky trading bets on Tesla and blames it all on Elon 🤣

Yep,I would feel sorry for Lee but for the fact that he blames Tesla and Elon rather than being a big boy and taking full responsibility.

Having a victim mentality and lashing out at others when things don't go the way you planned is a sure way to live a life of disappointment and anger. I have no pity for Lee.

Yep,I would feel sorry for Lee but for the fact that he blames Tesla and Elon rather than being a big boy and taking full responsibility.

Having a victim mentality and lashing out at others when things don't go the way you planned is a sure way to live a life of disappointment and anger. I have no pity for Lee.

I have no sympathy personally. Problem is his dad/family believed him that a no job, probably little educated person should have any reason to manage other people's $$. I keep going back to that comment that in general, there are very few/like zero almost actual good stock pickers/timers. It's just not likely /possible since the market can be irrational longer than most people can be solvent or keep doing a bet. Look at DJT or the meme stocks.

He should suck it up and just get a real job like the rest of us, even if that's flipping burgers at McDonalds, no shame in that and everyone would have more respect for him at least. Doubtful that would happen.

Thanks for posting some background of that poster.

And that's bad because of ... what exactly?

Elon has been on Trump's presidential advisory council before.

The real question is not whether he should be on it again in a 2nd Trump administration, the real question is why haven't Biden administration - the administration which supposedly cares about climate change - made Elon an advisor in the first place.
Well, the role would be very important.
Something related to AI or internet or green economy or space sure.... But not border security: what expert insight could he possibly have?
Elon says many things on X but of you look closely you can actually say where he's knowedgable.
Politically he's often very naive.

I have no sympathy personally. Problem is his dad/family believed him that a no job, probably little educated person should have any reason to manage other people's $$. I keep going back to that comment that in general, there are very few/like zero almost actual good stock pickers/timers. It's just not likely /possible since the market can be irrational longer than most people can be solvent or keep doing a bet. Look at DJT or the meme stocks.

He should suck it up and just get a real job like the rest of us, even if that's flipping burgers at McDonalds, no shame in that and everyone would have more respect for him at least. Doubtful that would happen.

Thanks for posting some background of that poster.
TMC seems to be full of expert stock pickers that went from a 20x on AAPL then jumped to a 20x on TSLA then went all in on the next 20x on NVDA. I mean this forum is absolutely full of theses genius stock pickers.

TMC seems to be full of expert stock pickers that went from a 20x on AAPL then jumped to a 20x on TSLA then went all in on the next 20x on NVDA. I mean this forum is absolutely full of theses genius stock pickers.
When Nvidia crashes they'll be folks like that complaining on the Nvidia forums. It will crash.

Well that certainly isn't me. Although I've made nice profits over the past few decades on stocks like AAPL, AMZN, GOOG, MSFT, NVDA, etc, I "took profits" regularly and traded in and out of them fairly often. Truth is if I had simply held my shares in any of them I'd be much richer today than I am, and I've done the retrospective math to prove it to myself. And I lost money on many other stocks too, overall I made more than I lost but I made a ton of investing mistakes that never should have happened in hindsight.

Of course all of those stocks did not go up in a straight line, there were big dips and pullbacks, moments of lost conviction, tons of FUD against them all, etc. A very familiar story to what TSLA has been going through for the past forever and a while.

It's why I'm simply holding my shares of TSLA despite all the noise and flat years. I'm more convinced of Tesla's future than I ever was on any of the stocks I mentioned above, this time I'm not making the same mistake. I'm just being patient while I wait for the dough to rise in the oven I've set for myself, what I should have done for every one of the positions I had several times over above. 😎

He was clearly an idiot investor. That said....he's not wrong on his major thesis that EM has not delivered on many promises. As noted Autobidder is an exception as I think that is working and working well. The rest of it though spot on and that's the issue. EM failed to deliver on the 4680. They have no new chemistry, no increased density, no real volume production. The rest of it is mostly tied to FSD. I feel investors have a right to be upset and while it is good to see EM focused on Tesla, again, it is clear he wasn't. It's also clear that lots of his words and actions don't map. In particular in regards to 4680 and FSD. Having a giant battery day presentation and then completely failing to support battery investments- I think I'd be clawing back his comp if I were there chairman of the board.

Are the NVDA forums treating Huang like he's an all-knowing me(u)ss(k)iah?
The business press is pretty happy with him but he's not the attention whore that EM is. I don't know about the forums, I am fully invested in my sustainable forestry business....sadly, wish I had a few thousands shares of Nvidia.

He was clearly an idiot investor. That said....he's not wrong on his major thesis that EM has not delivered on many promises. As noted Autobidder is an exception as I think that is working and working well. The rest of it though spot on and that's the issue. EM failed to deliver on the 4680. They have no new chemistry, no increased density, no real volume production. The rest of it is mostly tied to FSD. I feel investors have a right to be upset and while it is good to see EM focused on Tesla, again, it is clear he wasn't. It's also clear that lots of his words and actions don't map. In particular in regards to 4680 and FSD. Having a giant battery day presentation and then completely failing to support battery investments- I think I'd be clawing back his comp if I were there chairman of the board.
Yes, I remember watching the presentation and being quite jazzed about what they were looking to do. They also announced the MS Plaid+ with 500mile range at the event. Nothing seems to have come of these “breakthroughs”, so I’m lost as to why they put on the presentation.

They just did not invest in the 4680 team, the whole thing has basically been a sham. They had a 100 person team working on something that required 1000. That's really on you need to know... 100 person team to deliver a breakthrough new battery. EM is not an idiot. He knew it was not enough. The battery lead was also culpable, Drew. He was giving presentations that clearly were at odds with reality. Oh well. Today is today. Tesla has no credible battery advantage, that opportunity is gone.