Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Unveils New Tesla Brand Solar Inverter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting. Is it just me, or does the 113 degrees F rating outdoors look low? I have days where its hotter than that here where I live, and I am in southern california (although inland), not AZ or Like, Las vegas.

EDIT: at least it will look nice, if its next to a gateway 2 and some powerwalls. Wonder when tesla will come up with a tesla branded load center, so one can have a nice, neat row of tesla branded boxes on the wall together :p

Last edited:
Reactions: willow_hiller
aw man. Anyone know when these are expected to be shipping? Literally have new Delta inverters on my house from my solar roof install from a couple weeks back. Mainly want the powerblaster-like support since I don't have a powerblaster with my install

Seems like now. In another thread @ctxriddle said their advisor told them they're installing Tesla inverters with new installs: Solar advice

just spoke w/my PM and sounds like it's not a "just swap out the delta inverters for tesla inverters" as there are delta auto shut offs for each string under the tiles that would need to be swapped out as well. guess that ship has sailed!

Gah, i just found out yesterday that they didnt install the powerblaster on my solar only install because it wouldnt fit around my electrical panel. Really wish i had this new inverter capability. I really want to be able to see consumption

Unlike fine arts and fine wine, most things get cheaper snd better over time. My Model S would have been much cheaper and better if I bought it 2 years later. I would be happy to have my roof installed already so I do not have to think about it or deal with it, count your blessings. My install is next month and the only saving grace is the new and hopefully better inverter and a few hundred dollars off my roof due to PG&E SREC.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Looks like it's officially here: Tesla Solar Inverter | Tesla

• Built on Powerwall 2 technology for exceptional efficiency and reliability
  • Wi-Fi, Ethernet and cellular connectivity with over-the-air updates
  • Designed to integrate with Tesla Powerwall and Tesla app
  • 3.8 kW and 7.6 kW models available
Great, something else. Just wrote my installer asking if we should use this instead?

How does the 97.5% efficiency stack up against others?

SolarEdge appears to have better efficiency but the wording sounds sneaky with "weighted efficiency"
upload_2021-1-14_23-22-20.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller