Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got V10 - tried out enhanced summon, specifically “come to me” in a pretty much empty parking lot. Didn’t work at all - the car actually drove away from me. My phone and car had full reception. I think I’d be really nervous to use this in a full parking lot. Recorded one of our attempts.

That was comedy gold!

Release notes
Just got V10 - tried out enhanced summon, specifically “come to me” in a pretty much empty parking lot. Didn’t work at all - the car actually drove away from me. My phone and car had full reception. I think I’d be really nervous to use this in a full parking lot. Recorded one of our attempts.
That can't be real....

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
is 2019.32.10.1 rolling out only to HW3? Many times the HW3 release has a funky 4th place decimal I've seen. From checking with family members, their Hw2.5 model 3 hasn't gotten it yet......

also while the update really rocks, I've noticed how Hulu esp more so than netflix seems just slightly sluggish even on HW3. Not complaining, but note there's a slight motion blur when watching action scenes like avengers infinity war for example. I can see now why theater probably won't make it to MCU1 (like my 2016 model S)......they can't even get a plain web page to load in MCU1...... :/

maybe graphics drivers for MCU2 need a little more optimizing :D or maybe we can put an updated graphics card in the "PCI" slot for MCU1 haha.

HW3 still has MCU2 for the infotainment machine. And MCU2 is an Intel Apollo Lake (aka Atom), with Intel integrated graphics, and performs at a fraction of the Intel Core i3 that you find in a $400 Windows laptop at Costco. It's running Linux (where the Intel GPU drivers perform worse than Windows and where Chromium's accelerated video decode support is quite lacking) and Chromium.

I think for now I wouldn't expect stellar performance, and MCU1 is even more hopeless for this.

Lol. Shocked, shocked, I tell you! :rolleyes: Are you sure you did not place the pin somewhere else? I mean...would not be surprised if this result was normal...but have to ask the questions... Did it look like it was trying to take the right route on the screen? Details!

I’m looking forward to all the videos tomorrow of it working flawlessly.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
Lol. Shocked, shocked, I tell you! :rolleyes: Are you sure you did not place the pin somewhere else? I mean...would not be surprised if this result was normal...but have to ask the questions... Did it look like it was trying to take the right route on the screen? Details!
While I've been pretty tough on the EAP release, this has to be FUD. It can't possibly suck that bad... can it?

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
There was a large dark spot, asphalt patch, on the ground where you said "pausing for a pedestrian", then when it paused again, there was the shadow of a telephone pole, "waiting for a pedestrian".

• Informative
Reactions: BCNY and jebinc
I’m wondering if it doesn’t work as well at night. All the videos I ever saw were in the day.

That was my thought, too... but that seems like a pretty big flaw.

I think the "parlor trick" argument would be reasonably strong if it doesn't work in the dark/rain/etc.

To be fair, it makes sense that people would take videos in the day so people can actually see, but I guess we'll know soon enough.

Reactions: jebinc
I’m wondering if it doesn’t work as well at night. All the videos I ever saw were in the day.
Maybe it’s like that kid in the Sixth Sense movie. It sees dead people and pauses for them? What in the world was that “pausing for pedestrians” all about? Did you notice that it was right where there was a long shadow from the pole? I wonder if that’s what it thought was the pedestrian.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and outdoors
While I've been pretty tough on the EAP release, this has to be FUD. It can't possibly suck that bad... can it?

This video was shot using the “Come to me” feature. I tried the “Come to me” 3 or 4 times and each time it did some variation of that video. The attempt that was videoed was the first attempt after I tried rebooting the car because I thought maybe after the software update it needed to reboot as the “come to me” feature was not working at all. This recorded attempt was actually the closest it ever got to me, but then would always end up parking by/around the pole. We did try the pin as well thinking we could get it to work but wasn’t accurate. The other thing is that when you use “come to me” the app shows you a preview in like a radar circle of what the car is seeing and even says things like “pausing at intersection” or “waiting for pedestrian” (which I was reading out loud in the video as it was telling me what it was doing)

This video was shot using the “Come to me” feature. I tried the “Come to me” 3 or 4 times and each time it did some variation of that video. The attempt that was videoed was the first attempt after I tried rebooting the car because I thought maybe after the software update it needed to reboot as the “come to me” feature was not working at all. This recorded attempt was actually the closest it ever got to me, but then would always end up parking by/around the pole. We did try the pin as well thinking we could get it to work but wasn’t accurate. The other thing is that when you use “come to me” the app shows you a preview in like a radar circle of what the car is seeing and even says things like “pausing at intersection” or “waiting for pedestrian” (which I was reading out loud in the video as it was telling me what it was doing)
Thanks for providing the additional color.

Status
Not open for further replies.