Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Vision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. There are some who seem determined to shut down even well deserved criticism by having a personal go at the poster. It’s a bit pathetic but it doesn’t bother me.

I’m also someone who loves most aspects of my car but gets incredibly frustrated by the simple things (such as lights and wipers) that were solved decades ago. And by AP when it’s seems to be regressing rather than progressing.

Vision only doesn’t work. Everyone knows it, even those who can’t bring themselves to admit it.
Absolutely no surprise to see who disagreed with me. @spdpspa is probably one of those people who knows Vision only doesn’t work but can’t bring himself to admit it.

Sorry to disappoint you I’ve never had any problems with my car, so I don’t look for evidence to prove or disprove like you.
I'm pleased that you are satisfied with your car - of course everyone has different standards and expectations.

The Vision based Park Assist on my car is shite, but I am far more unhappy about the lies and contempt Tesla have directed my way over the last 12 months.

I have frequented many car forums over the years and none come close to the breadth and depth of dissatisfaction expressed here.

Reactions: Durzel
I'm with you. The stock defence from some when they can't defend a valid critisicm is to call you a hater. It's the final roll of the dice

Agreed.. but there is constructive criticism and then there is the moan moan moan :rolleyes:

I have frequented many car forums over the years and none come close to the breadth and depth of dissatisfaction expressed here.
Usually enthusiasts Forums.... allot of people pass through here on finance deals and others just actually very happy to moan about their expensive toys imho.

Im keen on seeing more posts on this thread personally Tesla Alternative?

I think the sad fact is that with an almost 4 year old computer, cameras of average quality, some of which are in the wrong place and some which block or bare blinded for a variety of reasons, my car will never be any more self-driving that it is now.

The existing hardware is finite and there is a long way to go…

It’s a real shame. It’s a good car that could have been great, mislead by impulse
I'd probably be happy enough if we had FSD Beta in its current form as it operates in the States. It isn't full A-B self driving, but it looks like it's a lot more purposeful than it is over here. What we've got doesn't amount to any more than lane-keeping, really, and that's not particulary rare on cars around this price bracket anymore. Our AP doesn't turn corners, doesn't take junctions, doesn't choose lanes on roundabouts, etc.

The reality as ought to be obvious is that camera tech will get better and better, and they will get moved around and/or more of them will be added to resolve visibility issues. In time they may even end up being self-cleaning, self-defogging, etc. Whether or not that's Tesla doing that or whether they get left behind by another manufacturer is another question though...

Reactions: Dilly
none come close to the breadth and depth of dissatisfaction expressed here.
It also tells a lot about the people who frequent this forum and not just only the car. It is a combination like many things in life.

As I mentioned thrice before (crystal clear only three times not like moaners their every post ends with wipers/AP/AH or Elon - so any active member means around 1000 times they’ve already expressed dissatisfaction - imagine people who crossed the 5000 posts and well known members) I have spent £130 in total (as service and other costs related to Tesla) in these 3 years and around 22000 miles. I have done Scotland twice, the lakes, Cornwall three times, n number of times to Kent and SE and once to Europe all the way up to Turin and Milan via Mont blanc. Never had any problems other than the DC charge not possible message but still the car charged and the gasket was changed under warranty. I spent around 2hrs waiting when they did the job.

I will give my arm and leg to get the same experience when I return my current M3 and there is only one car I can even think of! The only downside of having a Tesla is we have to deal not only with EV haters but also Elon haters :)

Last edited:
I'm pleased that you are satisfied with your car - of course everyone has different standards and expectations.

The Vision based Park Assist on my car is shite, but I am far more unhappy about the lies and contempt Tesla have directed my way over the last 12 months.

I think the problem with Tesla's is ( that's a bold start)

They do some really innovative stuff really really well. I am not going to try to list all but generally people would agree
EV drivetrain
acceleration
BMS/charging
the app
OTA updates
etc etc

but they do some basic things badly, often things that have worked perfectly well on other cars for 10+ years
headlights
wipers
parking sensors ( which have actually gone backwards)

This means that people love the cars for all the great stuff they do and the great ecosystem, app, superchargers etc but then get really frustrated with the things that don't work that they see can working on a 2012 Fiesta

And I am not even going to get into autopilot and FSD

a love/hate relationship you might say can't live with it or without it. So they come here to vent their frustrations.

Agreed.. but there is constructive criticism and then there is the moan moan moan :rolleyes:

Usually enthusiasts Forums.... allot of people pass through here on finance deals and others just actually very happy to moan about their expensive toys imho.

Im keen on seeing more posts on this thread personally Tesla Alternative?

I've spent time on both enthusiast forums and those for rather more mundane transport....I stand by my comment above, I've seen nothing like the levels of dissatisfaction expressed here elsewhere.

I've had (and retain) a number of 'expensive toys'...never in my experience has another manufacturer lied, and gone back on promises the way Tesla have.

It also tells a lot about the people who frequent this forum and not just only the car. It is a combination like many things in life.

As I mentioned thrice before (crystal clear only three times not like moaners their every post ends with wipers/AP/AH or Elon - so any active member means around 1000 times they’ve already expressed dissatisfaction - imagine people who crossed the 5000 posts and well known members) I have spent £130 in total (as service and other costs related to Tesla) in these 3 years and around 22000 miles. I have done Scotland twice, the lakes, Cornwall three times, n number of times to Kent and SE and once to Europe all the way up to Turin and Milan via Mont blanc. Never had any problems other than the DC charge not possible message but still the car charged and the gasket was changed under warranty. I spent around 2hrs waiting when they did the job.

I will give my arm and leg to get the same experience when I return my current M3 and there is only one car I can even think of! The only downside of having a Tesla is we have to deal not only with EV haters but also Elon haters :)
Here we go again. Anyone who has the temerity to criticise Tesla or Musk is a moaner and a hater.

So what is someone who praises Musk or Tesla? A sycophantic fanboy?

Don’t bother replying.

Reactions: Whyone
I've had (and retain) a number of 'expensive toys'...never in my experience has another manufacturer lied, and gone back on promises the way Tesla have.
Im not going to keep on about my experiences with toyota... PX'd that car in (massive loss) and all I can say warranties is like insurance, you never know if you have it until you make a claim. YMMV

I've spent time on both enthusiast forums and those for rather more mundane transport....I stand by my comment above, I've seen nothing like the levels of dissatisfaction expressed here elsewhere.
Im not disputing your experiences, just passing on mine but then again ive only been as a member of that many tbh and most had a cult following sort of thing going on tbh. Had BMW's (never joined) renaults (never Joined) Mercedes (never joined) VW (joined the specific model OC), Honda bikes and cars (never joined), Triumph (never joined), Suzuki (never Joined), Ducati (joined specific model OC) etc.... if you get my drift. To be fair I dont get attached to particular brands, just whatever is best for me at the time.

Do we know if Highland finally fitted the rumoured heaters/defoggers in the B-pillar cameras?
With the weather getting colder I eventually got the dreaded blinded cameras warning in the morning... Not sure how this will impact pure Tesla Vision plans...

So what is someone who praises Musk or Tesla? A sycophantic fanboy?

Don’t bother replying.
So what was the point in asking?... To many people moaning about Musk. Personally I couldn't care less but happy he seems to be doing OK. At the end of the day I purchase what I think is best for me regardless. My next car may not be a Tesla either but whatever it is it will always be a compromise for what I want. Its the balance between pros and cons which is not the same for everybody.

they come here to vent their frustrations.
I am not so sure about their intentions to be honest! Some of the facebook forums are part of larger lobbying groups with a view to sway people’s opinions and decisions. And of course you can include some of the TV networks both far and against certain interests. And I have seen vested interest groups favouring ICE cars over EVs in Europe and they are largely funded by legacy car makers - indirectly. And going by how much they lose money in making EVs the legacy automakers has to stop Tesla steamrolling them. I am not saying TMC is part of it but swaying opinions can be easily done thro’ interest forums. It is one of many ways to deal with your competitors and this has been well documented in the past and Apple does it very well over the years.

I am not so sure about their intentions to be honest! Some of the facebook forums are part of larger lobbying groups with a view to sway people’s opinions and decisions. And of course you can include some of the TV networks both far and against certain interests. And I have seen vested interest groups favouring ICE cars over EVs in Europe and they are largely funded by legacy car makers - indirectly. And going by how much they lose money in making EVs the legacy automakers has to stop Tesla steamrolling them. I am not saying TMC is part of it but swaying opinions can be easily done thro’ interest forums. It is one of many ways to deal with your competitors and this has been well documented in the past and Apple does it very well over the years.
Ah, excellent!

We now have conspiracy theories from the one who claimed he was no longer responding in this thread.

You really should have stuck to your guns on that promise.