Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - When do you believe park assist will be available again?

When do you think park assist software update for Tesla Vision will be rolled out?

• Before end of year

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • January

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Q1 - ´23

Votes: 60 20.1%
  • Q2 - ´23

Votes: 70 23.4%
  • Q3 - ´23

Votes: 46 15.4%
  • Q4 - ´23

Votes: 101 33.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The gentleman (Utumno) who told me to sell the car clearly does not understand, its a rather ignorant comment to make and I do hope he never undergoes knee replacements..
I understand perfectly, as I have been tripping over your constant repetitive whinging for weeks.

Your use case, in fact, is absolutely identical to a family friend several years ago who bought a Model S on the same promises (less able, narrow driveway) and that ended up with him rejecting the car because it never did what it said it did. He wasn’t daft enough to buy FSD though.

So you’ll find my “sell the car” comment simply embraced brevity, and speaks from experience.

So you can be less ignorant about other people’s perspectives in future, my wife is registered disabled, having gone through two hip replacements, one knee replacement and endless ankle keyhole surgery as a side effect of the combination of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and osteogenesis imperfecta linked to genetic issues with collagen production and extreme joint hypermobility. I don’t personally suffer with the pain and discomfort personally but I am very well acquainted with such issues on an hourly basis and am sympathetic to your plight.

However, trust me when I tell you this; you have bought the wrong vehicle for your use case and endless moaning about the same issue isn’t going to get anybody anywhere.

THEbuz, Thanks for your comments I agree with you and I was made fully aware at the point of ordering that FSD it was a future work towards and unlikely that full self driving in the UK would be available. That was fully accepted with the knowledge as things improved in the FSD journey they would be made available, I also realised that Special summons was a parlor trick and Park was not as refined compared to other vehicles but Park Assist and Summons were available and I was satisfied with their performance, and I paid for these features but were not delivered despite assurances in writing that all would be restored by the new year.

I have investigated in having retro fitted USS sensors, whilst they will not look great and its another unnecessary unit inside the car to give audio signals they can be powered from the USB, therefore not interfering with any wiring to avoid issues with warranty, but that will not restore summons.

Anyway there is little Tesla owners club can do as it appears from comments that Tesla does what it likes when it likes and so far has got away with it. so I wont labour this issue in the group.
🤔
Yeah—that’s not cool if you were assured in writing you would have those features. Hopefully, they’ll be rolled out soon, even without USS.

🤔
Yeah—that’s not cool if you were assured in writing you would have those features. Hopefully, they’ll be rolled out soon, even without USS.
Assured in writing? I would love to see a pic of that assurance….if it in fact exists.
As we all know Tesla does mostly everything digitally. There was not place in the App for assurances only the fact that Parking Assist and Summon are temporarily not working. I am glad they said that because I didnt give them 6000USD.

Having said that Its not hard to miss the statement that those features are temp unavailable.
THEbuz, thanks for your comment and I am sure you are correct. The reason I kicking off and some members don't understand or have bothered to read any of my comments is that the main purpose of purchasing Tesla apart from its looks and equipment was park assist and special summons which was very important having had knee replacement surgery, pulling the car out of a tight space to open the door without twisting joints. I am sure that some day these functions will be available again and the car will be perfect, but its not at the moment, but was at the time of placing the contract.
The gentleman (Utumno) who told me to sell the car clearly does not understand, its a rather ignorant comment to make and I do hope he never undergoes knee replacements.
The car is great to drive and I was so impressed on the test drive that whilst there is not much point in FSD in the UK I thought it worth £6800 for the extra facilities to make my life easier, which despite verbal and written assurances (to stop me cancelling) have not been delivered.

So I am not being unreasonable as I know if park assist is not fully functioning then summons could be years away.
Do you have proof of the signed promise that you would have those features? If you do then returnin the car should be easy… no need to waste time here!!

....its clear that Tesla have no faith in the product as the release notes clearly states "Note Tesla Vision Park Assist is for guidance purposes only and not as a substitute for an aware driver. Please be attentive and avoid obstacles as required". In other words not fit for purpose and cannot be relied upon and such a disclaimer was never on vehicles fitted with USS.

Not just that, they said they would not release until is was as good as USS....

Not just that, they said they would not release until is was as good as USS....
And then their entire customer base made as much fuss as possible about it not being released yet.

I hope we will see it improve fairly consistently release by release (in a way that shows they are treating it as a priority) but it’s not hard to understand why it’s been rolled out as early as they possibly could.

Tesla are the only company I’ve ever seen where it’s obvious a marketing department would be good for them.

99% of the dissatisfaction is people who think they bought something more finished than it is. If it was clear that so many features are work in progress then people would make an informed decision about whether they’re happy with that before buying.

I find the technology exciting and I’m quite happy being on a journey, but I understand the people who are used to a car being a finished, static thing and thought they were buying in to that with Tesla.

Reactions: My2cents
Tesla are the only company I’ve ever seen where it’s obvious a marketing department would be good for them.

99% of the dissatisfaction is people who think they bought something more finished than it is. If it was clear that so many features are work in progress then people would make an informed decision about whether they’re happy with that before buying.

I find the technology exciting and I’m quite happy being on a journey, but I understand the people who are used to a car being a finished, static thing and thought they were buying in to that with Tesla.
I am not sure that people think they bought a finished product and then found out it was not finished after driving away. I think most consumers are made well aware of the vehicle. I felt I was. Do you have to read, sure. Buts its all there. I think some, a small number, accentuated here, rush to buy based on what they heard (how awesome that you can make love in the back seat while in AP mode) then realized its not like that at all and come here to complain.

I am a first time Tesla buyer. I was warned about the new Vision system and which AP features will not work until some undisclosed time later.
I read about the AP including the 6000 and 15000 dollar options. Based on that information it was clear AP is experimental at best and with problems and that Self Park and Summon, both impt. did not work at the time with no timeline given. As such I purchased the Vehicle without paying for the AP products.

I do agree however that it would benefit Tesla from increasing customer support one notch, esp at purchasing time. For those that prefer to ask instead or reading when buying.

I am not sure that people think they bought a finished product and then found out it was not finished after driving away. I think most consumers are made well aware of the vehicle. I felt I was. Do you have to read, sure. Buts its all there. I think some, a small number, accentuated here, rush to buy based on what they heard (how awesome that you can make love in the back seat while in AP mode) then realized its not like that at all and come here to complain.

I am a first time Tesla buyer. I was warned about the new Vision system and which AP features will not work until some undisclosed time later.
I read about the AP including the 6000 and 15000 dollar options. Based on that information it was clear AP is experimental at best and with problems and that Self Park and Summon, both impt. did not work at the time with no timeline given. As such I purchased the Vehicle without paying for the AP products.

I do agree however that it would benefit Tesla from increasing customer support one notch, esp at purchasing time. For those that prefer to ask instead or reading when buying.
That’s what I mean. With the possible exception of some early FSD customers (who seem to have bought in a time where Tesla were making fairly strong statements about what they were going to deliver, and when, that have not yet been fulfilled) the wording of Tesla’s sales contracts and website is actually pretty clear about what exists now and what is aspirational.

People don’t buy based on that, though, they buy based on what they think they know from what they’ve heard on the grapevine or what Chief Blowhard said is going to happen on Twitter. Then they’re disappointed that the reality is a bit more work-in-progress.

Does auto break work when the Vission system is Available and thinks youre about to hit something? I have not tried to run into anything yet and was on vacation last week. This is pretty basic safety feature on most cars over 30k. A real embarrassment for Tesla
Yes, to the point where it is annoying. Twice in the past week, I’ve had two vehicles turn left in front of me as I am barreling down the road, and my Model Y slammed on the brakes, despite there being plenty of room. You can adjust this setting so that it will brake late instead. Maybe I’ll try that.

Yes, to the point where it is annoying. Twice in the past week, I’ve had two vehicles turn left in front of me as I am barreling down the road, and my Model Y slammed on the brakes, despite there being plenty of room. You can adjust this setting so that it will brake late instead. Maybe I’ll try that.
Be careful that feature may hit the break when youre 30 inches into the other car 😀🤣

And then their entire customer base made as much fuss as possible about it not being released yet.

I hope we will see it improve fairly consistently release by release (in a way that shows they are treating it as a priority) but it’s not hard to understand why it’s been rolled out as early as they possibly could.

They shouldn't have gotten rid of USS until the alternative could be at least as reliable as USS then. All the "fuss" from customers makes sense to me. Tesla ****ed up with their order of operations. Why try to rationalize it?

They shouldn't have gotten rid of USS until the alternative could be at least as reliable as USS then. All the "fuss" from customers makes sense to me. Tesla ****ed up with their order of operations. Why try to rationalize it?
Has anyone experienced car departing from hold without accelerator input? I had that happen yesterday. It just accelerated from a stop sign. I dont have AP other than basic and it was not on. I have it set to hold. Scary moment!!

Has anyone experienced car departing from hold without accelerator input? I had that happen yesterday. It just accelerated from a stop sign. I dont have AP other than basic and it was not on. I have it set to hold. Scary moment!!
"No AP other than basic" is still AP. I have engaged it by accident once or twice when the car was already in Drive and I pushed the stalk down again.

Assured in writing? I would love to see a pic of that assurance….if it in fact exists.
As we all know Tesla does mostly everything digitally. There was not place in the App for assurances only the fact that Parking Assist and Summon are temporarily not working. I am glad they said that because I didnt give them 6000USD.

Having said that Its not hard to miss the statement that those features are temp unavailable.

Do you have proof of the signed promise that you would have those features? If you do then returnin the car should be easy… no need to waste time here!!
RedY23

RedY23, Thanks for your reply to be honest was not going to engage further as clearly there are some members that get rather annoyed of any criticism of Teslar and clearly happy to accept whatever the car turns up with. I was even accused of ordering the wrong vehicle, which clearly is his opinion, I believe that how Tesla are treating customers amounts to deceiving and Fraud. I attach communication of assurances given. I am many others have purchased Tesla but unless drastic changes will be the last.

RedY23, Thanks for your reply, I decided not to participate in the discussions any more as some members are clearly focused on their interests rather than calling out Tesla misleading sales tactics and happy to accept whatever they are given. I have been told that I am a bad driver, should sell the car, stop moaning and one gentleman even accused me of purchasing the wrong vehicle. I did carry out diligent checks but It appears that dealing with Tesla is a complete game change when you pay your money and get delivered what Tesla decide to supply and that's accepted by some. There are many Teslar owners who just feel as much shortchanged as I do. When trust or Tesla cannot be trusted then its a once only purchase and I am sure it will be detrimental to Tesla in the medium and long term.

You ask if I have proof, I attach emails of confirmation before being fooled to accept the vehicle.

RedY23, Thanks for your reply, I decided not to participate in the discussions any more as some members are clearly focused on their interests rather than calling out Tesla misleading sales tactics and happy to accept whatever they are given. I have been told that I am a bad driver, should sell the car, stop moaning and one gentleman even accused me of purchasing the wrong vehicle. I did carry out diligent checks but It appears that dealing with Tesla is a complete game change when you pay your money and get delivered what Tesla decide to supply and that's accepted by some. There are many Teslar owners who just feel as much shortchanged as I do. When trust or Tesla cannot be trusted then its a once only purchase and I am sure it will be detrimental to Tesla in the medium and long term.

You ask if I have proof, I attach emails of confirmation before being fooled to accept the vehicle.

Attachments

• Scan_20230405_142618.pdf
    700.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Disagree
Reactions: Utumno
RedY23

RedY23, Thanks for your reply to be honest was not going to engage further as clearly there are some members that get rather annoyed of any criticism of Teslar and clearly happy to accept whatever the car turns up with. I was even accused of ordering the wrong vehicle, which clearly is his opinion, I believe that how Tesla are treating customers amounts to deceiving and Fraud. I attach communication of assurances given. I am many others have purchased Tesla but unless drastic changes will be the last.

Your post is more erratic than the auto wipers function 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Utumno
Did someone come at you from the rear hot and heavy? That is the only thing I can think of—that maybe the TESLA was trying to avoid a rear collision. Strange.

I believe that how Tesla are treating customers amounts to deceiving and Fraud. I attach communication of assurances given. I am many others have purchased Tesla but unless drastic changes will be the last.
If you actually did believe this you’d surely be going to law, rather than bleating about it here.

Or attempting to reject it based on your email evidence … because if the rejection fails then you’re in no worse a position than before.

But no, bleating about it and turning the passive aggressive knob to 11 seems to be the long and short of it.

Also, I’m only a gentleman if you’re a traffic policeman.

Reactions: THEbuz