Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - When do you believe park assist will be available again?

When do you think park assist software update for Tesla Vision will be rolled out?

• Before end of year

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • January

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Q1 - ´23

Votes: 60 20.1%
  • Q2 - ´23

Votes: 70 23.4%
  • Q3 - ´23

Votes: 46 15.4%
  • Q4 - ´23

Votes: 101 33.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did someone come at you from the rear hot and heavy? That is the only thing I can think of—that maybe the TESLA was trying to avoid a rear collision. Strange.
No.
I posted about it on a more relevant thread.

Once I get the car checked out by tesla will update forum. Dont think car is programed to go FWD in that situation. What If I was stopped at train crossing 🤣. Think Id prefer to repair my rear bumper than be part of Amtrack!

Reactions: THEbuz
THEbuz, thanks for your comment and I am sure you are correct. The reason I kicking off and some members don't understand or have bothered to read any of my comments is that the main purpose of purchasing Tesla apart from its looks and equipment was park assist and special summons which was very important having had knee replacement surgery, pulling the car out of a tight space to open the door without twisting joints. I am sure that some day these functions will be available again and the car will be perfect, but its not at the moment, but was at the time of placing the contract.
The gentleman (Utumno) who told me to sell the car clearly does not understand, its a rather ignorant comment to make and I do hope he never undergoes knee replacements.
The car is great to drive and I was so impressed on the test drive that whilst there is not much point in FSD in the UK I thought it worth £6800 for the extra facilities to make my life easier, which despite verbal and written assurances (to stop me cancelling) have not been delivered.

So I am not being unreasonable as I know if park assist is not fully functioning then summons could be years away.
Not unreasonable at all i don’t understand why it’s a $6000 option. almost every car I’ve looked at can successfully do this and is a $750-1500 option. 2022+ fords 2022+ bmws , heck even kias and hugs do genesis all do this for less than a $1000 additional option. Cadillac and audi do it too. Maybe you might have to take a loss and move on to a car with working features you really need. I only wanted a Tesla to stick it to those big automakers after their dealer networks have tried to screw me out of 10’s of thousands of dollars in markup fees and unnecessary dealer “fees” or scummy bait and switch sales tactics trying to force me into a more expensive model with ridiculous options kitted out on the spec sheet Just to add $7000 in floor mats and pin stripes or “$2500 premium audio upgrades” that no one would actually spec on a car if it was custom ordered.

Not unreasonable at all i don’t understand why it’s a $6000 option. almost every car I’ve looked at can successfully do this and is a $750-1500 option. 2022+ fords 2022+ bmws , heck even kias and hugs do genesis all do this for less than a $1000 additional option. Cadillac and audi do it too. Maybe you might have to take a loss and move on to a car with working features you really need. I only wanted a Tesla to stick it to those big automakers after their dealer networks have tried to screw me out of 10’s of thousands of dollars in markup fees and unnecessary dealer “fees” or scummy bait and switch sales tactics trying to force me into a more expensive model with ridiculous options kitted out on the spec sheet Just to add $7000 in floor mats and pin stripes or “$2500 premium audio upgrades” that no one would actually spec on a car if it was custom ordered.
Yes very much may need to take a loss and move on, been looking at KIA and Hyundai, that said picked up our second EV family car today, great experience, treated like a valued customer, the car was spotless, good build quality / paintwork, complementary mats, a full charge and full working speck and USS parking sensors that actually work. Yesterday we received a personal video of our vehicle with a walk through explanation of all the functions. We were informed that tomorrow we would receive a follow up call by the technician in case we needed any further explanations or help with any of the vehicle features. In case you are wondering it was not a Tesla....

Reactions: Jclboston
Yes very much may need to take a loss and move on, been looking at KIA and Hyundai, that said picked up our second EV family car today, great experience, treated like a valued customer, the car was spotless, good build quality / paintwork, complementary mats, a full charge and full working speck and USS parking sensors that actually work. Yesterday we received a personal video of our vehicle with a walk through explanation of all the functions. We were informed that tomorrow we would receive a follow up call by the technician in case we needed any further explanations or help with any of the vehicle features. In case you are wondering it was not a Tesla....
Ooohhh do tell! I’m betting the genesis or ev6 ? I almost got one but decided to wait for the Tesla. I must say though my MYP delivery was astounding! full charge @90% battery, and I was the only one there. they had my car inside in the showroom when I got there and had like a 45 min 1on1 walkthrough with the Tesla delivery rep who covered literally everything.

Ooohhh do tell! I’m betting the genesis or ev6 ? I almost got one but decided to wait for the Tesla. I must say though my MYP delivery was astounding! full charge @90% battery, and I was the only one there. they had my car inside in the showroom when I got there and had like a 45 min 1on1 walkthrough with the Tesla delivery rep who covered literally everything.
No originally we were looking at a Tesla saloon model 3 for my wife, but she went off Tesla and decided to go for a Town car, so opted for Fiat 500 La Prima EV Ocean Green in white leather. We now have a town car and the Tesla Y dual long range for longer journeys. Funny you mentioned the ev6 GT had an extended test drive last week and was very impressed and on my watch list. Let see if Tesla starts restoring EAP functions which have been charged but not delivered. Tesla is the only £60k plus vehicle that has the worst park assist and no chance of self parking using the present camera system. Tesla need to moves towards LTMA (less talk more action).

Reactions: Audiotronics