Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately

DanCar

Oct 2, 2013
SF Bay Area
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 person
B

banned-66611

No unemployment benefits, no income... That's pretty much guaranteeing that infected people go to work at the factory.

Temperature checks won't help much, the virus spreads when the infected person is asymptomatic.

Reactions: jeffro01

jeffro01

Jan 30, 2013
Teller County CO
At what point can we say the fear was overblown? If no one dies at the gigafactory from coronavirus can we say there was too much fear and not enough emphasis on fundamentals like making a living?

Not my call to make, I'm not a public health expert, I have no degrees in immunology or work in the healthcare industry. You're asking as subjective question based on ones own personal bias. To some one death is enough to say the concern was justified, to others, it takes more. I refuse to call it fear though, fear indicates an irrational response so far as I see it which is also of course a subjective way to look at it. It would seem that a growing contingent of people are so completely tired of being under SIP that they've decided the juice is worth the squeeze no matter what public health experts tell them. Okay, fine, I get it. I just hope those same people aren't complaining if/when they or a loved one is directly affected by this virus as in reality they would have brought it on themselves.

The core problem here is simple, the US marketplace lacks even the most basic safety net for a broad swath of employment types that exist in this country. If we had a more robust social safety net then SIP could be allowed to fully do its job as everyone would still be getting paid their full earnings while maintaining full healthcare coverage. Alas, that's not how we do things here in America and for me personally I am not prepared to pay the taxes required to put such a system in place. Believe it or not, I feel very strongly about self reliance and personal responsibility. Again, that's just me and people can agree with me or not as I'm not speaking for any group or anyone else...

The more people refuse to SIP, the longer this goes. It's that simple. However, being selfish is a big problem in this country and so long as that continues, we're going to be talking about this in 2021...

Jeff

Reactions: DanCar

Scooby24

Mar 19, 2020
Olathe, KS
It's not that simple. I'm in the healthcare industry highly focused on the operational and financial impact. The longer we drag this out to avoid deaths up front, the more we add deaths on the backend through butterfly effects that touch a lot of different things. Most immediate is the impact on the financial and operational stability of our healthcare system. We're looking at impacts on the system for years that will cost many, many lives.

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
Dozen Tesla employees protest Fremont plant reopening:

Dozen workers out of 14K.
Any word of possible downsizing (for Tesla and many other businesses)?

I was just listening to 60 minutes interview of the Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell.

"The US economy is going through an unprecedented recession and a recovery will take time."

Uncle Paul

Nov 1, 2013
Canyon Lake,CA
Believe that every company and school should scan employees/students prior to entering the building.

No employee or student should ever be allowed inside when running a fever. Covid or regular flu.

This alone would restrict much of the spread of viruses and bacterial infections.

Simple, cheap and easy.

This is what sick days are for. Not something to be saved up to extend a vacation with pay.

Reactions: DanCar

DanCar

Oct 2, 2013
SF Bay Area
No ... student should ever be allowed inside when running a fever. Covid or regular flu. ...
Agree and would make it more strict such as coughing, runny nose, and sneezing. I would also be in favor of quickly moving to virtual classrooms, when students are sick. Also should be done for workplace. Would be good to schedule a virtual classroom or work from home week during peak of these issues in February.
I'd relax the rules for the warmer months where respiratory issues tend to be less severe.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC