Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Will Move HQ Out of California After Fight Against Health Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Twitter Saturday that the company will move its headquarters and “future operations” out of California. Additionally, Tesla plans to file a lawsuit against Alameda County over a health order that shut down the Fremont, Calif. facility.

Tesla planned to return to production on Friday, however Alameda County’s interim public health officer, Dr. Erica Pan said that Tesla must keep the plant closed until the county lifts restrictions in place to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Musk said the suit will be filed “immediately.” He called Pan “ignorant” for keeping the restrictions in place despite California Gov. Gavin Newsom loosening the stay-at-home order.

“This is the final straw,” Musk tweeted. “Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately. If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependen on how Tesla is treated in the future. Tesla is the last carmaker left in CA.”

The tweet suggests that Tesla’s next factory is set to be built in Texas. Musk has teased the Lone Star State as the home for the next factory and an announcement was expected soon.

Tesla’s factory in Fremont has 5.3 million square feet of manufacturing and office space on 370 acres of land, with plans to expand to 10 million square feet, according to the company’s website.

There are 10,000 employees at the Fremont factory who build the Tesla Model S, Model X, and Model 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that depends on your perspective, however being called a troll in TMC forums anytime you don't bow to the Musk Monolith is par for the course...
My apologies, I thought you were using California treehugger types in a negative way as many non California tree chopping people do.

I certainly hope that Rivian is successful, as competition is great.

Reactions: aaron0k
Texas, Trucks, and Elon Musk!

Elon is really campaigning (maybe little too) hard to be accepted by the right...

Lilly Wachowski claps back at Ivanka Trump and Elon Musk's 'red pill' exchange

0Ews6CC.png

I actually think it's a genius move... to sell more Trucks and make them cheaper than he could in CA.

However, it's a sad farewell to blue pill Musk. We will sincerely miss you...

elon-musk-before-hair-transplant-2-300x293.jpg.eafc12245aba199657740396488cea1b.jpg

I wonder if he'll apply for an open-carry license?

Imagine that both Elon and Grimes personalities will fit right in with Austin.

His expanding World wide facilities will enable them to travel to other places to keep their creative juices flowing as well.

It's a shame that California drove them away.

That 13% rich guy State tax is going to cause other successful business people to flee as well.

That 13% rich guy State tax is going to cause other successful business people to flee as well.

...as well as CA's high cost of living = higher wage workforce for bushiness.

Now that the remote 'workforce' suddenly ballooned; and employees now asking themselves why they need to pay high rent for a tiny apartment within skateboard distance to the office.

Maybe it's a good time to invest in Kansas and Crocs?

Texas, Trucks, and Elon Musk!

Elon is really campaigning (maybe little too) hard to be accepted by the right...

Lilly Wachowski claps back at Ivanka Trump and Elon Musk's 'red pill' exchange
I actually think it's a genius move... to sell more Trucks and make them cheaper than he could in CA.

However, it's a sad farewell to blue pill Musk. We will sincerely miss you..

As a proud member of the red pill I suspect Elon has a lot of different political views than I but at least he is not blinded by a R or D. I welcome him to the red pill side, the blue pill people can keep Lilly and continue to live in their bubbles.\.

Reactions: wws and FFR6288
As a proud member of the red pill I suspect Elon has a lot of different political views than I but at least he is not blinded by a R or D. I welcome him to the red pill side, the blue pill people can keep Lilly and continue to live in their bubbles.\.

GettyImages-633679096-e1579707770494.jpg

"You know.. I know this steak doesn't exist. I know when I put it in my mouth; the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy, and delicious. After nine years.. you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss." - Elon?​

Last edited: