Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winds and Elevation Web Browser App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once I have v9 on my Model 3 I will update the site for Model 3 compatibility. I also need to have someone go to the following web site on a Model S with version 9 and take a picture of the output in both 1/2-screen mode and in full-screen mode. (Scroll and take another picture if necessary to get all information).

Identify your browser

This will tell me the new screen size I'm dealing with.

Reactions: NJ Plugin
Once I have v9 on my Model 3 I will update the site for Model 3 compatibility. I also need to have someone go to the following web site on a Model S with version 9 and take a picture of the output in both 1/2-screen mode and in full-screen mode. (Scroll and take another picture if necessary to get all information).

Identify your browser

This will tell me the new screen size I'm dealing with.
Full screen model s mcu 1

Attachments

• C394A229-BBCA-47F3-8786-AD2503BEF5E7.jpeg
    C394A229-BBCA-47F3-8786-AD2503BEF5E7.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: ATX37
Awesome, thanks. The 1158x710 inner screen size is what I needed to see. This is the available pixel dimensions that the content needs to fit in. However, I'd like to get one more test to confirm this size to make sure. Try:

resizeMyBrowser

And you are on version 9, correct?
Yes I am on V9. Thanks for making such a great widget. It is helpful and just look fitting, maybe that’s the pilot side of me speaking...

If you are ever up to it, there would be a great oppurtunuty to build a weather widget for the Tesla browser. Dark sky is my favourite so far, especially their radar maps, but the functionality isn’t quite right as it is a general purpose website and the Tesla browser is well... you know. That’s for another discussion.

Attachments

• 705F0E04-0D5E-4FA1-A2B6-B14531D8BE2A.jpeg
    705F0E04-0D5E-4FA1-A2B6-B14531D8BE2A.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 56283539-769D-4244-9B04-C8F5B0D5800B.jpeg
    56283539-769D-4244-9B04-C8F5B0D5800B.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I followed the instructions precisely and I get a quick flash of a green checkmark and then they both go red when trying to verify in the car.

On my phone browser I can get verified with geonames username but not the other.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Superendo
Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I followed the instructions precisely and I get a quick flash of a green checkmark and then they both go red when trying to verify in the car.

On my phone browser I can get verified with geonames username but not the other.

I will try it on my Model 3 tonight and see what's going on. The Model 3 browser is half-baked at best right now, so I'm not surprised if there are issues.

So after a million tries (ok maybe not a million but man it was a lot) I got it to verify both. I tried it on my desktop and phone first. Several fails before it worked and then the car after three more tries.

Love the app. Two questions: how do you get rid of the ‘this website wants to use your location’ nag and I can’t change the setting to metric. I bookmarked first and then tried to change them, if the orders matters.

Thanks again though for a great app!

So after a million tries (ok maybe not a million but man it was a lot) I got it to verify both. I tried it on my desktop and phone first. Several fails before it worked and then the car after three more tries.

Love the app. Two questions: how do you get rid of the ‘this website wants to use your location’ nag and I can’t change the setting to metric. I bookmarked first and then tried to change them, if the orders matters.

Thanks again though for a great app!

The "This website wants to use your location" is enforced by the Tesla browser. It will ask you that any time you go to a site that tries to read the location from the browser, there is no way to disable this. Fortunately, it only asks you once when you first go to the site, not continually while the site is loaded.

For changing the units to metric, I have a bug in the settings panel right now that prevents selecting other options graphically. You can manually force metric display by adding the following on the end of the URL, then re-bookmarking it:

Code:
&units=2

I'm one of the folks who can never seem to get this to verify on my 3. All instructions followed, as far as I can tell! But neither entry will verify. I've tried maybe ten times. I guess I'll keep trying until I win the lottery?

On my computer, I can get the huge weathermap key to verify. But my geonames username will not.

AH! just checked, and somehow the "enable" link was still waiting for me.... I swear! I clicked it yesterday. Working now on my computer at least. Let's see if I can get it in the car....

(any tricks for copy/pasting that huge weathermap key into the car text field??)

Last edited:
any tricks for copy/pasting that huge weathermap key into the car text field??
I created an entry in my calendar and placed the URL in the notes. When I brought up the calendar on my Model 3, I clicked on the URL and it brought up the browser. One thing to fix, however, is the Ampersand has the html escape sequence "&". You have to remove the "amp;" and it works.