Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the new icons for tagged locations are awesome! Do you think it would be possible to add an apartment building icon? There isn't one now & that's one I'd use for a quite a few locations. Thanks!

Hi James:

Would you please also add a (religious neutral) Cemetery icon too:

GPX_95_cemetery.png

or

grave-512.png

James,

Not a top of the list problem, but all the extra icons make scrolling complicated on mobile (I am 90% on my iPhone). Any thoughts on how scrolling could be improved on mobile?

Interesting point. I have never used TeslaFi on my iPhone so I've never noticed that... I'll have to check it out there too.

It's a battle to scroll the icon menu versus the whole page, so you are spending LOTS of time (for that specific webpage) scrolling one and scrolling back the other. It's a minor nuisance since you don't spend all your time trying to pick a locations icon, but as more icons are added, it becomes more frustrating when do add a new location.

James,

Not a top of the list problem, but all the extra icons make scrolling complicated on mobile (I am 90% on my iPhone). Any thoughts on how scrolling could be improved on mobile?
It appears to be a normal drop down menu on my iPhone. Is it not working correctly or it's too many icons to sort through? On a desktop you can type in a letter and it will filter the results but it doesn't appear to be an option on the iPhone.

It appears to be a normal drop down menu on my iPhone. Is it not working correctly or it's too many icons to sort through? On a desktop you can type in a letter and it will filter the results but it doesn't appear to be an option on the iPhone.

Yeah, just a nuisance more than anything. The biggest reasons it annoys me are:
1.a. 80% of the time, when I scroll the menu, the page scrolls too. So LOTS of back and forth to scroll a bit, move the page down, scroll a bit more, move the page down, etc.
1.b. If I accidentally click rather than move the page down, I have to start over
2. If you accidentally click the wrong item in the menu and click the menu to change it, it starts at the bottom again.

Again, not a priority, but just food for thought if you had any ideas on how to improve it. There are definitely more important things to work on if you have to prioritize.

@Jdeck , could we request a new "simple" feature please? Could we have an option to not send an email with every sleep attempt + gone to sleep, and only get the email for each attempt after the first?

So sleep attempt #1, 15 or so minutes later, if asleep = no emails. However, sleep attempt #1, 15 or so minutes, not asleep = email + start sleep attempt #2, when eventually asleep, email that sleep was successful after X minutes.

Basically, the sleep emails would only come out on "exception" cases and when exiting the "exception" case.

@Jdeck , could we request a new "simple" feature please? Could we have an option to not send an email with every sleep attempt + gone to sleep, and only get the email for each attempt after the first?

So sleep attempt #1, 15 or so minutes later, if asleep = no emails. However, sleep attempt #1, 15 or so minutes, not asleep = email + start sleep attempt #2, when eventually asleep, email that sleep was successful after X minutes.

Basically, the sleep emails would only come out on "exception" cases and when exiting the "exception" case.
Hi - I put in a feature request - 0000181: Sleep Email Feature Request - TeslaFi Bug Tracker

Last edited:
@Jdeck - any idea when we will be able to select/filte which data fields we want to see in Raw Data?

Hi. I've run into a couple rather annoying bugs over the past couple weeks. The API seems to be responding differently in a couple rare cases which has been causing the data logger to go a little nuts. Hopefully this isn't a sign of any major changes coming with the new mobile apps but it doesn't appear to be so. I've resolved all of the driving issues and corrected the front end results, but there's still some charging issues that have popped up and a rare sleep issue as well.

Currently my plan looks like this -

1. Resolve data logger API issues
2. Finish proper 'offline' state handling. The data logger 'should' now catch and split up most long offline periods between drives. I'm also working on a 'split drive' feature to split up drives if it does not automatically do it correctly. It's much more complicated than the merge drive function unfortunately.
3. Overhaul the charge sessions to allow for custom rates per charge session / location and more.
4. Allow for customization of the table headers.
5+ Bug fixes and feature requests from the tracker.

I may switch 3&4 but the majority of emails and feature requests being put in are for allowing charge cost customization.

Any other people with this concern?

Nope.

(I'm a programmer by trade, so not dismissing the possibility, but I'm surrounded by such possibilities. There was a Hack last year where some guys set up a fake Tesla WiFi and IF a Punter connected to it then they would be able to hack the car ... I'm vigilant but even so I expect that I'm at risk 24/7 ...)

If I was the Author either I would be only offering the product for self-install, to get around the issue, or [if not] I can't see that I would want the support-hassle of self-install, but luckily that ain't my problem :)

...I gave the password/access-token to someone else...

More precisely, you mean this scenario: Since I input my user name and password on James' website, if he wants to, he can write a programming code to capture them both. He then can use those information to locate my car, then drive my car away with a cell phone app.

Computer is not my specialty but I guess that scenario is technically achievable.

If James does steal my car that way, insurance will still have to pay up because I gave my info for a logging service not stealing service.